Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, education ministry says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, education ministry says
No $hit!
Quote:Alpaslan Durmus, the head of curriculum for the ministry of education, said that Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was “controversial” and would be removed from school programmes by 2019.

“We have excluded controversial subjects for students at an age unable yet to understand the issues’ scientific background,” Mr Durmus said.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, education ministry says
(24-06-2017 11:19 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  No $hit!
Quote:Alpaslan Durmus, the head of curriculum for the ministry of education, said that Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution was “controversial” and would be removed from school programmes by 2019.

“We have excluded controversial subjects for students at an age unable yet to understand the issues’ scientific background,” Mr Durmus said.

Wanted to post the same thing. It's a small thing that make me frown I suppose.

As for Turkey it seems that religion is growing in strength there for what other reason gov could have to do this. Stated reason is just bunk.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-06-2017, 11:52 AM
That will be also in the US if this government continues.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2017, 12:06 PM
[Image: 1rg8ku.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-06-2017, 12:18 PM
UGGGG, doesn't matter the religion. When scientific fact conflicts with religion the followers flip out. There is no controversy, there are simply gullible people clinging to the past out of fear.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2017, 12:27 PM
(24-06-2017 11:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  That will be also in the US if this government continues.

Yup. You're next.

[Image: country.jpg?w=670&h=608]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-06-2017, 02:56 PM
(24-06-2017 11:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  As for Turkey it seems that religion is growing in strength there for what other reason gov could have to do this. Stated reason is just bunk.

What did you expect from a backward religion?

“Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14]

That's what will be taught in Turkish schools now.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
24-06-2017, 02:58 PM
(24-06-2017 02:56 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 11:22 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  As for Turkey it seems that religion is growing in strength there for what other reason gov could have to do this. Stated reason is just bunk.

What did you expect from a backward religion?

“Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14]

That's what will be taught in Turkish schools now.

I expect nothing good from religions. Not only this one.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-06-2017, 03:23 PM
When I lived in Japan NHK ran a story about Republican presidential candidates explicitly stating they did not believe in evolution. My wife teased me about it afterward. From what I've seen as a middle school teacher in the south, human evolution may be on the curriculum but it is not taught. I've heard at least three science teachers come right out and say they don't believe in evolution and others who say they just ignore it.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
24-06-2017, 06:40 PM
(24-06-2017 12:06 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 1rg8ku.jpg]
That seems to be exactly what Edrogan wants as he continues his reforms to further entrench Islam in the country and decrease its secularity. Another disturbing thing that has a reduced role in the new curriculum is the role of Ataturk in the founding of Turkey and the philosophy of "Kemalism" he established. Not saying Ataturk was a great guy necessarily, from what I know of him, but he and that philosophy are why Turkey has been as secular as it has been.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post