Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, education ministry says

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools, education ministry says
God damn this is horse shit. Sure, it's contraversial among people who don't understand it. And fundamentalists make damn sure to misrepresent it at all points, if they even have any clue what it is themselves.

I've never heard a single person explain to me what evolution is with a decent degree of accuracy and then say they don't believe it is true.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2017, 11:14 PM
Trying to listen to people wedge God into science constantly is just painful.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
24-06-2017, 11:40 PM
(24-06-2017 12:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 11:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  That will be also in the US if this government continues.

Yup. You're next.

[Image: country.jpg?w=670&h=608]

The survey question may as well have been, "Do you even understand what science is, you stupid bitch?".

[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
25-06-2017, 12:01 AM
I wish Dawkins would stop giving these people a platform.
Find all posts by this user
25-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Adults who believe some guy rode a horse into the sky and cut the moon in half think the results of the scientific method are controversial. They're scared of their children learning about reality. This is so absurd I have trouble processing it. I thought Turkey was some sort of reasonably civilised country.

[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
26-06-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 10:32 AM by izel.)
Just like the Conservative Christians, Conservative Muslims are no different. Despite how much they hate each other, their ideologies are the same. They are anti science, anti modern education, anti women's rights, anti LGBT and anti everything that modern civilization has to offer.

Unfortunately for us though, their party has a complete power, and with latest referendum, they're not going away any time soon. Here is a picture of who voted how in the referendum that made their president a Sultan.
[Image: 7Ngyal.jpg]

As you can see, the most uneducated part of the country voted yes. These are the most backwards people you'll ever meet and their Sultan Erdoğan has been catering them well. he has shut down modern universities to open countless of Imam hatip's (Religious Schools) all over the country, they have no schools or hospitals in their towns, but Erdoğan builds massive mosques instead and they praise him as a king. My country is on a train going down the hill with no breaks, it will crash hard and once again, the rest of us will have to pick up the pieces like we did after the WW 1.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 8 users Like izel's post
26-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Izel, I'm so sorry your country is going through this. I know shouldn't care more about it just because we're neighbours, but it really does strike closer to home and makes me so sad. Poor Ataturk and all his, soon-to-be-wasted efforts...Sadcryface

[Image: ataturk-erdogan.jpg]

[Image: erdogan-cites-hitler-germany-as-example-...;amp;ssl=1]

[Image: Erdogan_macht.jpg]

[Image: C9uIrtvXgAUqd2Q.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
26-06-2017, 10:42 AM
(26-06-2017 10:27 AM)izel Wrote:  Just like the Conservative Christians, Conservative Muslims are no different. Despite how much they hate each other, their ideologies are the same. They are anti science, anti modern education, anti women's rights, anti LGBT and anti everything that modern civilization has to offer.

Unfortunately for us though, their party has a complete power, and with latest referendum, they're not going away any time soon. Here is a picture of who voted how in the referendum that made their president a Sultan.
[Image: 7Ngyal.jpg]

As you can see, the most uneducated part of the country voted yes. These are the most backwards people you'll ever meet and their Sultan Erdoğan has been catering them well. he has shut down modern universities to open countless of Imam hatip's (Religious Schools) all over the country, they have no schools or hospitals in their towns, but Erdoğan builds massive mosques instead and they praise him as a king. My country is on a train going down the hill with no breaks, it will crash hard and once again, the rest of us will have to pick up the pieces like we did after the WW 1.

Well, on the bright side, it does make Turkey and the USA natural allies, I suppose. Dodgy

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2017, 11:54 AM
(26-06-2017 10:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  Izel, I'm so sorry your country is going through this. I know shouldn't care more about it just because we're neighbours, but it really does strike closer to home and makes me so sad. Poor Ataturk and all his, soon-to-be-wasted efforts...Sadcryface

[Image: ataturk-erdogan.jpg]

[Image: erdogan-cites-hitler-germany-as-example-...;amp;ssl=1]

[Image: Erdogan_macht.jpg]

[Image: C9uIrtvXgAUqd2Q.jpg]

Indoctrination through forced education of their own ideals and blocking access to contrary information is literally their only hope for long term survival. This has been a very common tactic employed by literally every single government in modern Turkish history and probably the main reason why our education system is absolutely rubbish. The new generation is overwhelmingly anti-AKP despite their best efforts though because in this day and age people WILL find a way through all the bullshit walls you build around them.

Turkey has a strong trend towards irreligion nowadays, I would even say that the increasing rates of atheism is probably up there with the fastest in the world. This is because they went farther than ever with their education campaign and it's totally polarizing the population even more than what we see. The new generation might be skewing towards more liberal views but the conservative Imam Hatip generation they are raising is more dedicated, more fundamentalist and more convinced of their beliefs than ever. Their ideology will be a thing in Turkey long after they are gone thanks to these brainwashed kids.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 4 users Like izel's post
26-06-2017, 11:55 AM
I always admired Turkey and its people how they handeled the transition from a former world power with religious fervor that was at the end of a long decline into a modern state, bar the *problem* with the Kurds. It was a clean cut between the Osman empire and modern Turkey and stable for 100y. If you compare this to Germany (or other countries who had to go through major transformations) then Turkey did clearly better.

This is why it is such a shame that 100y after this transformation Turkey seems to have its big constitutional crisis. I wish you guys best of luck, you need it.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post