Turkish Lira in free fall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Turkish Lira in free fall
This is what happens when some authoritarian fool is leading a country, and is facing
off with another one.

Below: exchange rate of the Lira -> € (left y-axis. currently almost 8 lira to buy 1 €)
Second pic: zoom in so you can see what is happening right now. It lost 50% of its value since last winter.
Ohh, and Erdogan already has planned a trip to Germany later this year. I am wondering if he still will call us nazis, offer some other random (empty) threats or is gonna beg for........ €. Consider

*runs off to Frankfurt airport to get a ticket to Turkey for the fucking cheapest holiday trip ever* Angel

[Image: chart.aspx?instruments=1,1991307,149,921...ard%20Time]

[Image: chart.aspx?instruments=1,1991307,149,921...ard%20Time]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
10-08-2018, 01:25 PM
RE: Turkish Lira in free fall
Holy cow! Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-08-2018, 06:24 AM
[quote='Deesse23' pid='
*runs off to Frankfurt airport to get a ticket to Turkey for the fucking cheapest holiday trip ever* :angel:
[/quote]

Except one thing - anytime a countries currency is in freefall - robberies and murders against tourists increases exponentially.

After all - you have hard currency - they have badly made toilet paper.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-08-2018, 08:18 AM
(11-08-2018 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
Deesse23 pid= Wrote:*runs off to Frankfurt airport to get a ticket to Turkey for the fucking cheapest holiday trip ever* Angel

Except one thing - anytime a countries currency is in freefall - robberies and murders against tourists increases exponentially.

Ok, ok, ill stay out of the bazar of Istanbul then. Rolleyes
Interesting and concidental news: My turkish car mechanic showed me pics of some (he was on summer holiday back home) turkish car restaurations out in the countryside. I was impressed. Lots of US cars (where and when did the get those?). From a ´55 (most prolly) Bel Air to muscle cars.

He got himself a VW T1 "Bully", judging from the pics in very good condition. Will cost here around 70k€, he said he paid 20 Shocking.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-08-2018, 08:53 AM
(11-08-2018 08:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Except one thing - anytime a countries currency is in freefall - robberies and murders against tourists increases exponentially.

Interesting and concidental news: My turkish car mechanic showed me pics of some (he was on summer holiday back home) turkish car restaurations out in the countryside. I was impressed. Lots of US cars (where and when did the get those?). From a ´55 (most prolly) Bel Air to muscle cars.

He got himself a VW T1 "Bully", judging from the pics in very good condition. Will cost here around 70k€, he said he paid 20 Shocking.

Naj, just buy a couple of rifles and possibly a tank and you'll be a okay Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2018, 08:56 AM
(11-08-2018 08:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Except one thing - anytime a countries currency is in freefall - robberies and murders against tourists increases exponentially.

I had a short stint as a tour guide in the bazar in Istanbul. What an experience that was! I could have gotten rich from bribes by stall owners to bring the tourists their way.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-08-2018, 09:01 AM
(11-08-2018 08:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  I had a short stint as a tour guide in the bazar in Istanbul. What an experience that was! I could have gotten rich from bribes by stall owners to bring the tourists their way.

Could have? Like we don't know how you bought Sintara, Dom Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
11-08-2018, 09:10 AM
(11-08-2018 09:01 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 08:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  I had a short stint as a tour guide in the bazar in Istanbul. What an experience that was! I could have gotten rich from bribes by stall owners to bring the tourists their way.

Could have? Like we don't know how you bought Sintara, Dom Angel

Lol, Sinatra isn't THAT old. This was a long time ago. The tips I got from happy tourists were enough to work for some 3 weeks and then move on to Greece. I was "country hopping" back then. Go someplace, find a way to make some money for the next leg of the journey, move on. It was fun, I would get to hang with locals and learn stuff about the culture.

11-08-2018, 03:10 PM
(11-08-2018 08:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 08:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Ok, ok, ill stay out of the bazar of Istanbul then. Rolleyes

I had a short stint as a tour guide in the bazar in Istanbul. What an experience that was! I could have gotten rich from bribes by stall owners to bring the tourists their way.

Yup, I have heard great things about Istanbul. If and when it becomes stable - there - and Cario are two places I would love to visit.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post