Turkish government being brought down.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: Turkish government being brought down.
Wait, what's happening?
I really should start following the news again...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 06:06 PM by Luminon.)
(03-06-2013 10:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, what's happening?
http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=...et-do-davu

A corporation wanted to build a 90th supermarket in the last park in Istanbul. Protesters gathered in the park. The police attacked them with tear gas, because the mayor has a stake in the supermarket chain. People keep protesting, the police attacks them harder, uses more tear gas, water cannons, and just recently started shooting people with sharp ammo. Thousands injured, several dead so far.

Czech Republic news: not a single word, 8 days since the beginning of protests (28th may). This tells you something about how "democracy" works. We live in fascism - corporations own the politicians, politicians own corporations, including all the media. This is how it works in most modern states and they know exactly the same thing may happen - in fact it already happens with the Occupy movement. So sure as hell they're not letting anything into media, or extremely diluted and misrepresented. My politicians are blocking a law for 10 years that would allow to have independent clerk and office employees who can not be easily bribed or replaced according to party loyalties after elections. Every civilized country has such a law, only we don't. That says something and European Union can't do shit about that, it is corrupt enough.

However, some states did succeed and the people made a cleansing in their government, for example Bulgary. Bulgarians were robbed by my national energetic company ČEZ, so they made a small revolution. Our media represented it as a small disturbance...
In fact, people seem totally helpless and harmless, until the government's nerves snap and it starts fighting back. I am most afraid of total silence and ignoring, next thing, I'm afraid of media embargo. Third, I'm afraid of getting the shit knocked out of me.

By the way, my country is going to shit as well. In January the president released the worst criminals convicted of organized asset stripping and business sabotage, together with several thousands of other inmates. Then the government decided to "return" great and valuable property to the Catholic Church and other churches, which is totally anti-constitutional, unlawful, disproportionate, excessive, a-historical, unjust and insane. It got to the Constitutional court, but the court approved it, 11 judges for, 4 against the proposal. An interesting detail is, the judges nonetheless left out the word "justice" out of the verdict. So officially, my country is not a democratic state, constitution is just a piece of paper, laws do not apply.
I don't believe situation is that much better in most other states. There is some seriously fucked up shit going on in nearly every state.
07-06-2013, 03:52 AM
[Image: 969499_267454096731191_1481466996_n.jpg]
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Turkish government being brought down.
(05-06-2013 05:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 10:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, what's happening?
http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=...et-do-davu

A corporation wanted to build a 90th supermarket in the last park in Istanbul. Protesters gathered in the park. The police attacked them with tear gas, because the mayor has a stake in the supermarket chain. People keep protesting, the police attacks them harder, uses more tear gas, water cannons, and just recently started shooting people with sharp ammo. Thousands injured, several dead so far.

Czech Republic news: not a single word, 8 days since the beginning of protests (28th may). This tells you something about how "democracy" works. We live in fascism - corporations own the politicians, politicians own corporations, including all the media. This is how it works in most modern states and they know exactly the same thing may happen - in fact it already happens with the Occupy movement. So sure as hell they're not letting anything into media, or extremely diluted and misrepresented. My politicians are blocking a law for 10 years that would allow to have independent clerk and office employees who can not be easily bribed or replaced according to party loyalties after elections. Every civilized country has such a law, only we don't. That says something and European Union can't do shit about that, it is corrupt enough.

However, some states did succeed and the people made a cleansing in their government, for example Bulgary. Bulgarians were robbed by my national energetic company ČEZ, so they made a small revolution. Our media represented it as a small disturbance...
In fact, people seem totally helpless and harmless, until the government's nerves snap and it starts fighting back. I am most afraid of total silence and ignoring, next thing, I'm afraid of media embargo. Third, I'm afraid of getting the shit knocked out of me.

By the way, my country is going to shit as well. In January the president released the worst criminals convicted of organized asset stripping and business sabotage, together with several thousands of other inmates. Then the government decided to "return" great and valuable property to the Catholic Church and other churches, which is totally anti-constitutional, unlawful, disproportionate, excessive, a-historical, unjust and insane. It got to the Constitutional court, but the court approved it, 11 judges for, 4 against the proposal. An interesting detail is, the judges nonetheless left out the word "justice" out of the verdict. So officially, my country is not a democratic state, constitution is just a piece of paper, laws do not apply.
I don't believe situation is that much better in most other states. There is some seriously fucked up shit going on in nearly every state.

What you said about your country is pretty much the shit that goes on in every country. A true fascist state is one where a government can oppress people AND convince the people to accept this oppression. Here in the u.s. the government can assassinate American citizens if the president feels like they need to be killed, no trial, no charges nothing. Americans cheer for this too, they want it and make excuses for it.