Turning Point USA creates "Watchlist" website for "Liberal Professors"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Turning Point USA creates "Watchlist" website for "Liberal Professors"
(29-11-2016 05:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I tend to agree more with Morondog than with Mathilda on this, though both of you seem to get the point. Christianity can and will play a part (if things are going to happen), but i dont see how its the biggest or major tool to achieve this. Its gonna be a substantial part though.

Its because the quote below, originally targeted at the US is exactly (in a nutshell) what made the NSDAP so successful in Germany, amongst a few other things.

Quote:The main tool is nationalism, fear-mongering and promotion of rabid "patriotism". As well as castrating independent thought as much as possible

Nationalism and fear mongering were important but insuficient. Economic crisis is needed. Nazis weren't popular when economy was stable. One also should remember positive aspects of Nazi propaganda (Volksgemeinschaft, racial meritocracy) and true if temporal and achieved by risking future improving* of the economy.

*Or appearance of improving. See "A Social History of the Third Reich" by Richard Grunberger.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
29-11-2016, 06:32 AM
(29-11-2016 05:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nationalism and fear mongering were important but insuficient. Economic crisis is needed. Nazis weren't popular when economy was stable. One also should remember positive aspects of Nazi propaganda (Volksgemeinschaft, racial meritocracy) and true if temporal and achieved by risking future improving* of the economy.

Economic crisis certainly helps, not sure if needed. However fortunately for Trump there is one. But if there isn't all you need to do is *convince* people that there's an economic crisis and then blame it on minorities. Tell them that they should fear Muslims, black people and immigrants. Muslims because they're crazy and want to kill you just for being Christian, black people because they're inherently stupid and violent, and immigrants 'cos they'll steal your job and also are violent rapist bastards (it doesn't matter what lie you tell as long as you tell it often enough and with conviction). Blame economic crisis on Chinese and Mexicans. Tell people that to fix it you just have to be more authoritarian. Shut down riots by violent police action. Shut down immigration from "bad countries". People are afraid and also feel that the world somehow owes them something so if you just shout that you know the answer they will follow you.

Once you've made people fearful and angry and belligerent, you can go ahead with your grand plan to make America great again, and when it doesn't work you can blame it on all of the aforementioned groups with the addition of TRAITORS who let you down. Who are these traitors? Anyone who dares to criticise you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
29-11-2016, 08:43 AM
I hope this website just fades away into the woodwork. It is not an educational site, but more of a personal vendetta/grudge website.
I am waiting for someone to post home addresses or cell phone numbers, because it's the sort of website that is quietly asking for harassment.

Where are all of the professors that work at Liberty 'University'? Maybe we should start a Professor Propaganda website.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
29-11-2016, 08:48 AM
(29-11-2016 08:43 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I hope this website just fades away into the woodwork. It is not an educational site, but more of a personal vendetta/grudge website.
I am waiting for someone to post home addresses or cell phone numbers, because it's the sort of website that is quietly asking for harassment.

Where are all of the professors that work at Liberty 'University'? Maybe we should start a Professor Propaganda website.

I'd just leave it be. Once again the pubtards have failed to anticipate the consequences of their own actions. "The website launched yesterday with the goal to give students, parents, and alumni an easy to search database of outrageous professors on college campuses. It is another tool that students can use in determining where to go to colleges and will also allow students to be prepared for extremely biased professors." It'll certainly do that but not in the way they think. I'd wager more students than not will use it to bump up a few institutions and classes on their goto candidate list.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-11-2016, 03:59 PM
(28-11-2016 02:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I just went to turning points site and submitted this through their "contact us" page:

"I was wondering, since you claim to be non-partisan, why the watch list for liberal professors? Why not partisan professors? Or you could have two lists, one for liberal and another for conservative professors? Are you truly interested in identifying biases in college teaching or only in eliminating liberal views?"

I'll post the reply if and when I get one.

So far no reply, but I'm already on their mailiing list. Rolleyes They sent me this crap (edited to remove my mailing address and some extra spaces):

Quote:Playing Offense

Charlie Kirk <info@turningpointusa.net>
Today at 3:59 PM

It has been a busy few weeks for Turning Point USA.

Last week we launched our Professor Watchlist
, which has been profiled by The New York Times, Inside Higher Ed, Psychology Today, Independent Journal Review, BBC, The Washington Times, Slate, New York Magazine, Business Insider and dozens more.

I'll be on the O'Reilly Factor tonight to talk about it. Tune in tonight to watch!

In just a few weeks, over 500 students from 47 different states will gather in West Palm Beach, FL for our second annual Activist Retreat.

This Retreat offers our best activists a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear from leaders in the movement, develop leadership skills, learn new activism techniques, and network with like-minded peers and organizations.

We are still looking for sponsors for several of our students. Your tax-deductible gift will be used to make their attendance possible.

Our activists are continuing to lead daily activism events on their campuses and engaging in the "clipboard and tennis shoes" type of work that changes hearts and minds.

The face-to-face, peer-to-peer conversations they're having are making a difference. Take a look at our movement...

This is what a grassroots student movement looks like. Despite the hostile environment that exists for conservatives on college campuses, our student leaders continuously press on and fight the good fight.

Can you help us keep growing this movement?

All donations to TPUSA are tax-deductible. Every gift, regardless of size, is used to make a measurable impact on college campuses.

Please consider investing in the future and making a tax-deductible gift to Turning Point USA.

Thank you for your support. None of this would be possible without you.

Best,

Charlie Kirk
Founder & Executive Director
Turning Point USA

Copyright 2016 Turning Point USA NFP, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
217 1/2 Illinois St.
Lemont, IL 60439

unsubscribe from this list

Yeah, definitely "non-partisan". Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
29-11-2016, 10:20 PM
(29-11-2016 03:59 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 02:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I just went to turning points site and submitted this through their "contact us" page:

"I was wondering, since you claim to be non-partisan, why the watch list for liberal professors? Why not partisan professors? Or you could have two lists, one for liberal and another for conservative professors? Are you truly interested in identifying biases in college teaching or only in eliminating liberal views?"

I'll post the reply if and when I get one.

So far no reply, but I'm already on their mailiing list. Rolleyes They sent me this crap (edited to remove my mailing address and some extra spaces):

Quote:Playing Offense

Charlie Kirk <info@turningpointusa.net>
Today at 3:59 PM

It has been a busy few weeks for Turning Point USA.

Last week we launched our Professor Watchlist
, which has been profiled by The New York Times, Inside Higher Ed, Psychology Today, Independent Journal Review, BBC, The Washington Times, Slate, New York Magazine, Business Insider and dozens more.

I'll be on the O'Reilly Factor tonight to talk about it. Tune in tonight to watch!

In just a few weeks, over 500 students from 47 different states will gather in West Palm Beach, FL for our second annual Activist Retreat.

This Retreat offers our best activists a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear from leaders in the movement, develop leadership skills, learn new activism techniques, and network with like-minded peers and organizations.

We are still looking for sponsors for several of our students. Your tax-deductible gift will be used to make their attendance possible.

Our activists are continuing to lead daily activism events on their campuses and engaging in the "clipboard and tennis shoes" type of work that changes hearts and minds.

The face-to-face, peer-to-peer conversations they're having are making a difference. Take a look at our movement...

This is what a grassroots student movement looks like. Despite the hostile environment that exists for conservatives on college campuses, our student leaders continuously press on and fight the good fight.

Can you help us keep growing this movement?

All donations to TPUSA are tax-deductible. Every gift, regardless of size, is used to make a measurable impact on college campuses.

Please consider investing in the future and making a tax-deductible gift to Turning Point USA.

Thank you for your support. None of this would be possible without you.

Best,

Charlie Kirk
Founder & Executive Director
Turning Point USA

Copyright 2016 Turning Point USA NFP, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
217 1/2 Illinois St.
Lemont, IL 60439

unsubscribe from this list

Yeah, definitely "non-partisan". Drinking Beverage

I never witnessed extreme partisanship from any of my professors when I attended UW Madison. TAs were another story--but I kind of expected that. They were mostly fully committed Marxists. I see no problem with a web site that calls out the most egregious examples of unrestrained partisanship from professors. And while I think most professors, including the liberal ones, care about the integrity of their class to much to allow blatant partisan bias into their classes, we can't assume that to be true for all professors.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
30-11-2016, 06:28 AM
Bryan, my objection is their claim to promoting non-partisan discussion while looking to call out only liberal bias.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
30-11-2016, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2016 06:43 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(29-11-2016 10:20 PM)BryanS Wrote:  see no problem with a web site that calls out the most egregious examples of unrestrained partisanship from professors.

Except this website is merely another front for conservatives to hate liberals and call them anti-American.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
30-11-2016, 06:39 AM
These kind of tactics are best responded to with satire and parody intimating ridicule. Surprised I can't find a parody site of it yet.

#sigh
30-11-2016, 08:16 AM
(30-11-2016 06:28 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Bryan, my objection is their claim to promoting non-partisan discussion while looking to call out only liberal bias.

They can claim all they want about non-partisanship. I don't think anyone actually believes that. Still, I think what they are doing is within bounds of protected free speech.