Turning to Smoking eCigs: A Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: Turning to Smoking eCigs: A Discussion
My pizza flavoured ecig liquid smells lovely... tripe flavoured not so much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I smoke (pardon me, vape) on my bf's ecigg. I make my own mixtures now. Either:

Unflavored nicotine liquid + peppermint essential oil
or
propylene glycol + glycerin + peppermint essential oil

I haven't had a real cigarette all 2013 and I'm very proud of myself. Big Grin I never smoked heavy when I *did* smoke, but even smoking one a day is bad for you, really. I still have my starter set of blus but I don't think I'm ever going to use them again.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM
all this talk of smoking now makes me wanna go out. It's snowing out and it should be fairly warm. Back in 15 minutes.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Ahh!

I think it's just the feeling of calm I get when I smoke. I also like to be alone, and when I'm at work, I know most of them don't smoke. I'm able to sit alone, listen to my iPod and ponder life and whatnot.

A lot of it is habit, I've found. (Not JUST an addiction to nicotine.) Some things I miss are getting a good hit right after:

1) Eating
2) WAKING UP! *Sigh*
3) Uh, sex... Angel
4) An anxiety attack

A plus is just being able to hit my eCig WHENEVER I get the urge. (I've always been a courteous smoker, though. I don't do it right near where people are.) I just step away and/or sneak to the restroom and take a drag = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
02-12-2013, 12:03 AM
I tried one of these briefly but then did some research afterwards (another bad habit of mine) and found that there are some questionable ingredients, most notable propylene glycol, that some have said us just as bad as cigarettes. There hasn't been many studies done on these as far as their affect on the body when inhaled.

Have any of you encountered these drawbacks, and possibly found a brand that doesn't include questionable ingredients?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
02-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Joben1 seems to have a pretty good knowledge of ecigs,he might know

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-12-2013, 07:57 PM
PG is used in childrens hospital wards to clean the air. If it's alright for childrens lungs it's alright for mine. There have been many studies on the ingredients of eliquid and I have come to the conclusion that they are far far (over 90%) safer to inhale than tobacco smoke. I'm not gonna go searching for the studies but the site I linked to earlier will help.

There has been a lot of scaremongering regarding the ingredients. Yes, there are harmful substances in eliquid but just not in the concentrations that do any real harm. The scaremongers conveniently don't tell you this. There are harmful substances in many things that we consume on a daily basis, but it's the concentration of those substances in what we consume that matters. There is a great site that really scares you shitless where they start by describing the contents of something we all consume on a daily basis. You start thinking to yourself "Good god! What is this stuff? I'm gonna have to cut this shit out of my diet pronto!" only to find they have been describing plain old water. I'll have to dig it out.
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
send 'm to friends

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-12-2013, 08:11 PM
(02-12-2013 07:57 PM)joben1 Wrote:  You start thinking to yourself "Good god! What is this stuff? I'm gonna have to cut this shit out of my diet pronto!" only to find they have been describing plain old water. I'll have to dig it out.
*Whoops. I cut out more of the quote than I intended. I'm on my phone, so I'm not going back...*

Anyway, that part reminded me of a prank that some radio DJs did awhile back. I think another forum member posted about it, too. But I guess people freaked all because they didn't do a simple Google search of scientific terms and/or fact check = D

OH!

Go on YouTube and search "SNL eMeth." I laughed so hard watching that skit. (It totally plays on the "it's not REAL smoke" slogan.)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
02-12-2013, 11:51 PM
(02-12-2013 07:57 PM)joben1 Wrote:  PG is used in childrens hospital wards to clean the air. If it's alright for childrens lungs it's alright for mine. There have been many studies on the ingredients of eliquid and I have come to the conclusion that they are far far (over 90%) safer to inhale than tobacco smoke. I'm not gonna go searching for the studies but the site I linked to earlier will help.

There has been a lot of scaremongering regarding the ingredients. Yes, there are harmful substances in eliquid but just not in the concentrations that do any real harm. The scaremongers conveniently don't tell you this. There are harmful substances in many things that we consume on a daily basis, but it's the concentration of those substances in what we consume that matters. There is a great site that really scares you shitless where they start by describing the contents of something we all consume on a daily basis. You start thinking to yourself "Good god! What is this stuff? I'm gonna have to cut this shit out of my diet pronto!" only to find they have been describing plain old water. I'll have to dig it out.

Thanks for the info. :-)

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha