Turntables

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: Turntables
(16-08-2017 02:59 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

Boast warning!

I have a Thorens TD160 turntable with Shure cartridge, Naim pre and power amps and Nam 402 speakers. For recording there is an Akai reel to reel.

What do I use most? A pocket MP3 player and Sennheiser headphones. Drinking Beverage

A.

Most of the time I listen in my garage using my laptop... Over 600 albums stored. Hit " play all, random" ... It goes for weeks and sound great.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-08-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: Turntables
(15-08-2017 07:58 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  So my father gave us a ton of records he had before he left his apartment, and our turntable doesn't work. Anyone know any good turntables? A lot of the music is from the 70s-80s, by the way.

Depending on whether you just want to have one, or qualify as an audiophile loon, they can be had for anywhere from $30 to tens of thousands of dollars. Assuming you just want to plug it into a typical home stereo system and play your dad's records without destroying them, here's a reasonable model for the average joe.

You might find a better deal on this one, or others of similar quality, from a place that refurbs used turntables, but you may end up having to buy a stylus and a cartridge separately, which will put you back up in the same price range.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post