Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Twitter
So I figured I'd sign up for twitter today. It sent a confirmation email, I confirmed. Landed back at twitter. The page said my account was locked because of abuse and I needed to give them my phone to open it again.

WTF? I was a member for less than 5 minutes and did absolutely nothing there and they locked the account already?

I don't like to give out my number. This SUCKS! Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Twitter
(05-01-2017 10:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  So I figured I'd sign up for twitter today. It sent a confirmation email, I confirmed. Landed back at twitter. The page said my account was locked because of abuse and I needed to give them my phone to open it again.

WTF? I was a member for less than 5 minutes and did absolutely nothing there and they locked the account already?

Try making up a number. I doubt they'll call you. They want to sell your number. I bet you a made up number would work fine.

#sigh
05-01-2017, 10:31 AM
(05-01-2017 10:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  So I figured I'd sign up for twitter today. It sent a confirmation email, I confirmed. Landed back at twitter. The page said my account was locked because of abuse and I needed to give them my phone to open it again.

I finally signed up for Twitter a few days ago so I can harass trump. Anyway, I didn't have any problems. But damn, I didn't know they sell your number. Shoot!

I have to figure out how to use Twitter. So far it's a lot of stupid crap. But I can't figure out how to retweet a comment by trump and add my own scathing remark. I'm an evil person, you know. Evil_monster

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-01-2017, 10:33 AM
(05-01-2017 10:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But damn, I didn't know they sell your number. Shoot!

I don't know that they do. I just go in with that as a default assumption.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 11:09 AM
(05-01-2017 10:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 10:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But damn, I didn't know they sell your number. Shoot!

I don't know that they do. I just go in with that as a default assumption.

That's why I don't want to give it to them. Didn't give it to Facebook either. Oh well, I guess I can live without twitter. I'll hear about Trump's blunders soon enough anyway.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-01-2017, 11:14 AM
(05-01-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 10:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't know that they do. I just go in with that as a default assumption.

That's why I don't want to give it to them. Didn't give it to Facebook either. Oh well, I guess I can live without twitter. I'll hear about Trump's blunders soon enough anyway.

You don't need a twitter account to see the words of dear leader in twit time.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 11:18 AM
(05-01-2017 11:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 11:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's why I don't want to give it to them. Didn't give it to Facebook either. Oh well, I guess I can live without twitter. I'll hear about Trump's blunders soon enough anyway.

You don't need a twitter account to see the words of dear leader in twit time.

This is where the link takes me:

Quote:Add a phone number.

Enter the phone number that you would like to associate with your Twitter account.
We will call you with a verification code. Call fees may apply.

Let others find me by my phone number

05-01-2017, 11:26 AM
This is why I love you guys and this place. You don't want anything like that from me Heart
I am an old school computer guy who never did myspace or face hate or missing linked in, I knew that *I* was the product. I am still screwed by my android phone, email account and a few other things but they serve a practical purpose.
I gravitate to communities like this. I belong to an RV site that is similar, they don't ask for it all.
I strongly suspect that the Twitter phone number thing is an attempt to prevent some of the hate and abuse that spews across twitter. All it takes a a $20 burn cell phone to circumvent it Sad
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
05-01-2017, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 11:40 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-01-2017 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 11:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't need a twitter account to see the words of dear leader in twit time.

This is where the link takes me:

Quote:Add a phone number.

Enter the phone number that you would like to associate with your Twitter account.
We will call you with a verification code. Call fees may apply.

Let others find me by my phone number

hmmmmm .... clear your cookies maybe? Can you see the twits along with the number window? If you don't want to clear your cookies, try a different browser. The twitter knows you have an account. Clear cookies or different browser should confuse it. Only thing I see is an irritating "Have an account?" window under the login button but I can still see the inspirational words of fearless leader. Disappears when I scroll. It gets a little weird when he can't express his awesomeness in a single tweet and you have to reverse order them.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 11:41 AM
(05-01-2017 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is where the link takes me:

hmmmmm .... clear your cookies maybe? Can you see the twits along with the number window? If you don't want to clear your cookies, try a different browser. The twitter knows you have an account. Clear cookies or different browser should confuse it. Only thing I see is an irritating "Have an account?" window under the login button but I can still see the inspirational words of fearless leader. Disappears when I scroll. It gets a little weird when he can't express his awesomeness in a single tweet and you have to reverse order them.

It's all I see. If I clear cookies I have to re-enter lots of crap as I surf. I'll try another browser.

P.S. That works.