Twitter suspends alt-right accounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 02:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Twitter suspends alt-right accounts
(18-11-2016 02:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Twitter, Google, Amazon, et al. offer a free service to make their money from ads. Anything which they see as adversely affecting their advertising base they will rightly eliminate. Now you can disagree with whether or not what Twitter is doing helps or hurts their bottom line, but they've done the math, I haven't.

In a country that is 60% white, how does having racism towards whites help with the advertiser friendly image?

I'm guessing that Twitter is far more interested in a much wider global advertising base than a small percentage of white people (and at least one black man in NJ) in the US who consider it "racism towards whites". They're likely more concerned with considering and catering to the views of the rest of the world. As they should be.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2016, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 02:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2016 02:27 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  But the reason I ask is because they are doing it for an ideological stand point.

Why do you think that? Did Twitter say that? That would be a very foolish way to run a global enterprise.

#sigh
18-11-2016, 02:35 PM
(18-11-2016 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  In a country that is 60% white, how does having racism towards whites help with the advertiser friendly image?

I'm guessing that Twitter is far more interested in a much wider global advertising base than a small percentage of white people in the US who consider it "racism towards whites". They're likely more concerned with considering and catering to the views of the rest of the world. As they should be.

If that was the case a lot more than the alt right would be banned. Hell , atheist would be banned if that was the case.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-11-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 02:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-11-2016 02:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm guessing that Twitter is far more interested in a much wider global advertising base than a small percentage of white people in the US who consider it "racism towards whites". They're likely more concerned with considering and catering to the views of the rest of the world. As they should be.

If that was the case a lot more than the alt right would be banned. Hell , atheist would be banned if that was the case.

Why would you say that? Atheism is a perfectly legitimate, tenable metaphysical position. There is nothing intrinsically hateful or spiteful about it. White supremacy on the other hand is neither legitimate nor tenable, metaphysically or otherwise. Its very foundations are built on hate and spite and resentment and fear and greed and egotism and fuck them what's in it for me. Doesn't seem anything like atheism to me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Now we are mixing this up - twitter banned the alt right - facebook and google are banning sites that publish false news, made-up news and memes.

There is a difference, is one ok and the other not and why?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-11-2016, 02:53 PM
(18-11-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would you say that? Atheism is a perfectly legitimate, tenable metaphysical position.

I agree, but could you tell are middle eastern friends that?

(18-11-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is nothing intrinsically hateful or spiteful about it.

See my point above.

(18-11-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  White supremacy on the other hand is neither legitimate nor tenable, metaphysically or otherwise.

I agree, that is why I refute their claims. And do it over, and over and over. Refuting claims tends to kill ideologies or at least put them on their death bed. Just ask the creationist.

(18-11-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Its very foundations are built on hate and spite and resentment and greed and egotism and fuck them what's in it for me.

So is calling for the death of white people. Is there something in it for that?

(18-11-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Doesn't seem anything like atheism to me.

We know that, but people who keep point to mao, stalin, pol pot, and even hitler(even though he wasn't an atheist) and think that atheism leads to that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-11-2016, 02:53 PM
(18-11-2016 02:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Now we are mixing this up - twitter banned the alt right - facebook and google are banning sites that publish false news, made-up news and memes.

I am on the alt right thing. Something tells me they will let them back on soon however.

18-11-2016, 02:55 PM
(18-11-2016 02:53 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Now we are mixing this up - twitter banned the alt right - facebook and google are banning sites that publish false news, made-up news and memes.

I am on the alt right thing. Something tells me they will let them back on soon however.

Only if our new government starts messing with the web, which is of course a possibility.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Hmmm, what if they did it to out Trump?

If he wants them put back, that will tell the world something. Will he tweet about how unfair it is?

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-11-2016, 02:57 PM
(18-11-2016 02:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:53 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am on the alt right thing. Something tells me they will let them back on soon however.

Only if our new government starts messing with the web, which is of course a possibility.

No they will because as I said before, people are leaving twitter even though they weren't banned. On top of that competition is on the rise.