Two Birds - One Stone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: Two Birds - One Stone
Food availability isn't the issue in regards to starving children in Africa. It's logistics.

A: Getting the food to them.
B: Preventing it from falling into the hands of warlords who use it as leverage to control them.

We could have an unlimited supply of non perishable food packed and ready to go and it wouldn't change a thing.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-12-2016, 08:57 PM
(20-12-2016 08:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  B: Preventing it from falling into the hands of warlords who use it as leverage to control them.

I mean we could always lure them out and kill them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-12-2016, 09:41 PM
(20-12-2016 08:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 08:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  B: Preventing it from falling into the hands of warlords who use it as leverage to control them.

I mean we could always lure them out and kill them.

People don't have the stomach for it. They'd rather just make their donations, feel good about themselves, and assume the intended recipient wasn't raped and murdered for trying to take it.

'Murican Canadian
20-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Drawing them out and kill them will leave a power vacuum that will get filled with another kind of warlord. This is truly the pain in the ass that is Iraq.
Take down Hussein, and not have a replacement bastard ready and you get what it is.
He was a right bastard but he kept the lid on a phony country with borders drawn up by a committee. <steps off stump>.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
20-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Two Birds - One Stone
(20-12-2016 05:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've got my Nomex suit on -- because I KNOW I'm going to get flamed here.....

But -- in the interest of showing that emotionalism sucks logic's ass -----

I recently saw a couple of commercials on TV.

The first one was for "starving children" living in Africa.

The second one - was for "neglected animals"..............

Both featured big eyed, sad looking, stick thin, ribs showing, sympathy inducing models...... One critters, one kids................

The solution seemed rather obvious to me..........

Feed the starving kids, the neglected animals.............................

Now -- fuck off -- we eat animals all the time. We enjoy it. We paint paintings, sing songs and generally idolize the fuck out of a meal made out of some four legged furry fuck.......

And you want to get all fucking defensive -- just because dinner had a hard life?????

pfffffttttt......

That's dumb emotions talking....

Not logic...

I want to see what kind of convoluted arguments to the contrary that will arise....

Just pay the 10 cents a day that it takes to feed them. Fuck you are a cheap ass.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
20-12-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 06:53 PM by yakherder.)
Maybe when we have the option to leave a bunch of drones behind to fill the vacuum and enforce food distribution. As it stands now, we try to take a few warlords and we end up with the version of Somalia depicted in Black Hawk Down.

Knowing how that happened was why I didn't jump on the Benghazi bandwagon. I've got no love for Hillary, but I accept that the Clintons know all too well, from firsthand experience, what happens when troops start piling into an area they can't control. A warlord and a few of his lackeys turns into half the damn city.

'Murican Canadian
20-12-2016, 10:07 PM
you didn't jump on the bandwagon because you are not a bandwagon jumper-oner. You need to turn off the brain to get on the bandwagon, it is the only prerequisite. It can go careening off a cliff for all the wagoneers care, they left the brains at home in a jar.