Two Indian sisters to be raped as punishment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Two Indian sisters to be raped as punishment...
Two sisters, one as young as 15, to be raped because their brother eloped.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: Two Indian sisters to be raped as punishment...
Absolutely appalling and tremendously terrifying. The world should be shaming India as this is a government decision. Sick. I feel pukey knowing about this. Horrifying.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
30-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Oh, what the... holy Censored!

Censored Censored Censored those mother Censored!!!

GRRRRRRR.... Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-08-2015, 12:21 AM
What a horrendous practice. Those poor young women. Utterly horrific.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-08-2015, 12:25 AM
It's not even a new thing. It just happened in December to someone else!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-08-2015, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 12:40 AM by Matrim Cauthon.)
Things like these just cause a severe 'seethe'...I just have no idea what to do about it, and wonder what the point is - aside from being my regular bitter, cynical, atheist self every day... Sometimes I think it's better for my gut to just avoid shit like this until can figure just what the f Censored ck to do about it... Seething inside my own four walls for is for shit.
[+] 2 users Like Matrim Cauthon's post
30-08-2015, 02:10 AM
(29-08-2015 11:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  ...
The world should be shaming India as this is a government decision.

There are protestations against this inside and outside India.

It is not a government decision.

Quote:"These Khap courts routinely order vile sexually violent punishments against women. India's supreme court has rightly declared such orders illegal...

It's an issue relating to Federal vs. Local (tribal) systems and the obvious problem that comes with having a huge population with an ancient culture / traditions.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
30-08-2015, 11:20 AM
(30-08-2015 02:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 11:51 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  ...
The world should be shaming India as this is a government decision.

There are protestations against this inside and outside India.

Oops sorry, the 'village courts'. Not a govn't decision directly. Sounds like some promises are not being met or not being taken seriously from the supreme courts. Sounds shady and barbaric. In the village I lived in a few years ago I would not be petitioning to a court in 'the big city down the road' to prevent a future rape, I'd be calling the police. This may not be a direct government decision but it is really messed up and it appears as though there are some responsibilities lacking by far.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
30-08-2015, 11:31 AM
(30-08-2015 11:20 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 02:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  There are protestations against this inside and outside India.

Oops sorry, the 'village courts'. Not a govn't decision directly. Sounds like some promises are not being met or not being taken seriously from the supreme courts. Sounds shady and barbaric. In the village I lived in a few years ago I would not be petitioning to a court in 'the big city down the road' to prevent a future rape, I'd be calling the police. This may not be a direct government decision but it is really messed up and it appears as though there are some responsibilities lacking by far.

It is much more a case of just because the lines on the map show an area is part of a country does not mean that the national government is in control of the area. Pakistan and India both have areas where the so-called national government is just non-existent . As far as these two girls and their family go they are in protective custody (or at least they were according to one report I read) but still fear reprisals from their village, especially against the woman that ran off with their brother who now may be pregnant.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
30-08-2015, 12:28 PM
It's a good thing I'd already largely lost faith in humanity before I opened this thread.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post