Two Kinds of People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
RE: Two Kinds of People
(02-10-2012 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 03:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Here, however, I feel like I have been personally affronted.

There are two kinds of people in the world, those who are impervious to personal affronts and fuckin' pussies. Tongue

(30-09-2012 03:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But the jelly-pool is being prepared!
(30-09-2012 10:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And no to wrestling old men in jelly. Ewww. Big Grin
(30-09-2012 11:04 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Don't knock it if you haven't tried it, Johnny. Tongue

I'm in. Might slow me down a bit but somebody's gonna end up drowning in that jelly and it ain't gonna be Girly. Big Grin

Actually my feelings were so hurt that I left the forum.

Two kinds of people:
Those that didn't notice and...

ok, just one kind of people.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-10-2012, 07:51 AM
(03-10-2012 12:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually my feelings were so hurt that I left the forum.

I'm confusled. How can one have no morals and yet take offense at being called a hypocrite? I can't help but think there's something else going on here. Like me, being sick as fuck for fucking everz now, thus increasing my assholery. But there was no malice in what I posted, and taking offense where none was offered, why, that's larceny. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 08:41 AM
(03-10-2012 07:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 12:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Actually my feelings were so hurt that I left the forum.

I'm confusled. How can one have no morals and yet take offense at being called a hypocrite? I can't help but think there's something else going on here. Like me, being sick as fuck for fucking everz now, thus increasing my assholery. But there was no malice in what I posted, and taking offense where none was offered, why, that's larceny. Tongue

Feelings are innate. Morals are selected.

Heart vs head (if the biologists here will allow the poetic license)

Hard coded vs soft coded.

Resist the temptation... resist... resist... to tell me that morals are innate but ethics are selected.

And it's not larceny... I was only borrowing your offence not taking it. I'll give it back when I've finished with it.

Anyway, all I was asking for was an explanation.

03-10-2012, 09:00 AM
(01-10-2012 06:46 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Those who are dead and those who are alive.

You stole mine!!! I'll show you what a kind a person becomes a dead person Evil_monster

I do think there is a distinction the man in that clip taught us all.

There are real people.. and also there exists invisible people.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2012, 09:07 AM
(03-10-2012 08:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Resist the temptation... resist... resist... to tell me that morals are innate but ethics are selected.

OK I resisted. Kinda. Big Grin

Perhaps I should be offended that you take offense at inclusion of a group of which I am a member. As prophet of Gwynnite, I have no choice on being a hypocrite. I hate moralizing yet I must moralize, but where I feel I do "the spirit of the law" thingy is that such is a function of my love of Gwyneth. And love demands expression, else he/she who loves is consumed by the flames.

03-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Cat people and dog people.
Thoroughbred people and Quarter Horse people.
Jock people and nerd people.
Blond people and brunette people.
Tall people and short people.
People who put people into two groups, and people who don't categorize people. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
There are 10 kinds of people.
Those who know binary, and those who don't.

It had to be said, I'm the computer scientist Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
people that love my Gwynnies.

and sub-human troglodytes. Big Grin

There's a temporal me-and-you duality where the speaker includes the spoken to in a positive me-grouping. Like me and Bucky usually a me-grouping, but on the dualism thread I feel more of a me and Lumi versus Chas moment.

Blame my Gwynnies in that she is my one absolute, that what some may see as shifting loyalties is merely having the same propulsion (Gwynnies) in every direction. Evil only exists if I am evil - devouring all of you for my Gwynnies qualifies that contention - but what is evil but the most unethical standard? Even such cannot be wrong on cosmic scales, for whatever evil can be contemplated by a mere human, does not scale to what Betelgeuse can contemplate. Undecided

Some Blue Suns flashback, right there. Big Grin

(still a Blue Suns mercenary, but haven't been playing no Mass Effect like no Borderlands... speaking of which, c-ya!)

03-10-2012, 09:39 AM
(29-09-2012 09:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I've always liked these two:

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

and

“The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.”

-Abu’l‐Ala al Ma’arri

Does this mean BC prophesied the coming of the Smoosh? Consider

03-10-2012, 09:41 AM
(03-10-2012 09:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 09:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I've always liked these two:

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

and

“The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.”

-Abu’l‐Ala al Ma’arri

Does this mean BC prophesied the coming of the Smoosh? Consider

That's what I get for not reading all the pages of the thread. Damn you, BC!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post