Two Natures of Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Two Natures of Christ
(02-03-2017 06:23 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ You may want to check out father Barron's take on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvXbEMkiCY

What ?
You too stupid to discuss your cult in your own words ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2017, 08:07 PM
(02-03-2017 07:58 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ Why else would I be here Wink

Apparently to stress test how far you could bend the forum rules on spamming video links before the mods bring down the banhammer.

But okay, let's assume I take you at your word that you know where you are, and that the great majority of us don't actually believe in Jesus as anything more than a historical figure, and many of us not even that.

You do realize that most of us have HEARD this stuff, right? Jesus as wholly God, wholly man isn't news to us, good or otherwise. Most of the atheists here are deconverts, people who WERE Christian but aren't now. Those who aren't, such as myself, can hardly avoid hearing about it anyway. It's like that awful rap song that someone with a car audio system that's all subwoofer plays at full volume for three years running every time he drives down your street, multiple times per day. We've already heard it. We didn't have the choice NOT to hear it.

But okay, let's assume you already know that as well...

Why share the video? How is that good tactics? How does this persuade us of anything? How does this move you towards any sort of goal? Are you thinking that we'd absorb a message through osmosis if you repeat it often enough in enough different ways? Are you simply trying to tic a box off of a Great Commission checklist? Are you just sharing something you think is artistic? What IS your goal in sharing this, and how does sharing it advance that goal?

Because posting this video here, to us, in this forum, makes no sense whatsoever.

(02-03-2017 04:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Meh...both kinda suck.

Patently false. Olives gave us olive oil. All figs gave us are Fig Newtons and those are barely cookies.

And figgy pudding. Don't forget figgy pudding.

*googles*..... wait, that doesn't have figs in it?

LIES! MY WORLD VIEW CRUMBLES AROUND ME LIKE THE TOPPING OF A COFFEE CAKE WITHOUT THE CAKE! FINALLY I TOO AM A DECONVERT!

.... I... might be a bit hungry.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
02-03-2017, 08:16 PM
(02-03-2017 08:07 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Patently false. Olives gave us olive oil. All figs gave us are Fig Newtons and those are barely cookies.

And figgy pudding. Don't forget figgy pudding.

*googles*..... wait, that doesn't have figs in it?

LIES! MY WORLD VIEW CRUMBLES AROUND ME LIKE THE TOPPING OF A COFFEE CAKE WITHOUT THE CAKE! FINALLY I TOO AM A DECONVERT!

.... I... might be a bit hungry.

Wait there aren't any figs in FIGGY pudding?
[Image: you-just-noooo-gif.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Do you people like Father Barron? You have to admit he is no Ken Hamm
02-03-2017, 08:29 PM
(02-03-2017 08:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Do you people like Father Barron? You have to admit he is no Ken Hamm

[Image: star_trek_looking_at_each_other.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-03-2017, 08:31 PM
(02-03-2017 08:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Do you people like Father Barron? You have to admit he is no Ken Hamm

He is indeed no Ken Ham.

But it's like if Christian apologetics were a game of QWOP. (Which I meant as a silly metaphor, but seems more and more apt the more I think about it.) Barron's the guy who manages to consistently make it 15 yards before faceplanting, and laughs as he does it and thinks it's pretty good because most people only get 5 yards. Ham's the guy that manages to go -30 yards before losing, and then declares victory, and actually means it, and is nasty about it. Oh, and he insists taxpayers pay for his trophy and teach his victory in schools.

So is Barron better than Ham? Yes.

THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
02-03-2017, 08:34 PM

You would already know the answer to this question if you had read any of the numerous replies we made to the earlier videos you posted by Father Barron.

He's not very good at apologetics... or facts... or reasoning.

I didn't watch this video because the others were so bad. I didn't wish to watch or reply to your videos anymore because you have clearly demonstrated that you don't care what our replies actually are.

The arrogance of Christians never fails to amaze me.

But then again, I guess you didn't see the irony when you created your username, so I shouldn't be surprised, mister Proud "Seventh-Deadly-Sin" Catholic.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-03-2017, 08:38 PM
(02-03-2017 05:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 02:55 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  PM me if you have any questions
That's not how discussion forums work.

Every time I see one of these posts I think, "Yeah, you're not gonna catch Girly that easy Mr. FBIman."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-03-2017, 08:43 PM
(02-03-2017 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 05:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  That's not how discussion forums work.

Every time I see one of these posts I think, "Yeah, you're not gonna catch Girly that easy Mr. FBIman."

You know you want to respond Girly, if only to see what evil lurks there. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-03-2017, 08:45 PM
(02-03-2017 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Every time I see one of these posts I think, "Yeah, you're not gonna catch Girly that easy Mr. FBIman."

You know you want to respond Girly, if only to see what evil lurks there. Yes

Not until I have immunity and witness protection. In writing.

#sigh