Two Natures of Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 12:35 AM
RE: Two Natures of Christ
The Jesus character certainly does seem to have at least two conflicting personalities. A peace loving hippy type, and an enraged egotistical tyrant. I remember reading once about a hypothesis that there were originally two distinct figures that these two halves could have been based on, and they ended up getting melded into one. I can't for the life of me find it again now.

So have we decided if this Catholic is a Poe or a parrot?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 12:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-03-2017 12:35 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  So have we decided if this Catholic is a Poe or a parrot?

His post in the 'Christians Against Sex' thread make me thing he's the former. So either he's a PR monkey for the RCC itself, or he's a nearly indistinguishable troll. I think the part about the lights is the tell. It's highlights a bit too much just how obscenely prudish it is, cause I honestly don't even think the RCC would care about the level of illumination involved; so long as it's behind closed doors, nobody talks about it, and is strictly P-in-the-V.

(02-03-2017 11:20 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Sex is only for married couples, with the lights turned off, in the missionary position.

Not even for purposes of enjoying it, but ONLY for creating children.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2017, 12:54 AM
(03-03-2017 12:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 12:35 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  So have we decided if this Catholic is a Poe or a parrot?

His post in the 'Christians Against Sex' thread make me thing he's the former. So either he's a PR monkey for the RCC itself, or he's a nearly indistinguishable troll. I think the part about the lights is the tell. It's highlights a bit too much just how obscenely prudish it is, cause I honestly don't even think the RCC would care about the level of illumination involved; so long as it's behind closed doors, nobody talks about it, and is strictly P-in-the-V.

(02-03-2017 11:20 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Sex is only for married couples, with the lights turned off, in the missionary position.

Not even for purposes of enjoying it, but ONLY for creating children.

I don't think he's been told to be PR by the RCC beyond the normal go-out-and-preach message, except maybe by a local priest. The RCC is more competent than that.

And yes, he's prudish on the sex subjects... and let's face it, the RCC gets mocked for this because there's a lot of truth to it, especially in its more conservative wings.
But his other topics haven't been Poe-ish in the same way. I'd expect more consistent irony-overdose from a Poe.

All in all, I think he's just a natural True Believer.
03-03-2017, 12:58 AM
If so, that is really sad. Heart breaking in fact, to see someone so utterly mind raped that they cannot think for themselves, and ashamed of their very nature. I guess there are indeed many people like this. Victims.

What would it take to get someone like this to wake up? Not necessarily to quit being a Christian, but just to realize how much of a pawn they are?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 01:41 AM
(02-03-2017 06:23 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ You may want to check out father Barron's take on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvXbEMkiCY

No, i actually dont.
Now, for the sake of the argument, lets assume your god exists in one form or the other. Do you think he would be happy with your dishonest and disingenuous way of promoting his reign? If you were god, what would you think about someone like you? Please remember: He can read your mind, even the thoughts you are supressing, even the thoughts you havent thought yet.

What is god going to do with something like you?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
03-03-2017, 01:43 AM
And I always ask...

Why does God need help from these guys?

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 01:44 AM
(02-03-2017 08:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:04 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  How did this thread become about food? XD

That happens around here when a thread topic is so entirely ludicrous that one might as well start talking about, oh I donno Consider .......GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES!!!! Drooling

Look at this. This is a beer battered grilled cheese sandwich with yummy bacon. Let me reiterate..... that's a beer battered grilled cheese sandwich with bacon. Holy shit.

[Image: 89db2ad4-3bee-4c51-ac17-b9e75811cb46.jpg]

I see holy cheesus dripping! Drooling

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
03-03-2017, 01:45 AM
(02-03-2017 06:02 PM)skyking Wrote:  Bleu cheese is OK, but Stilton, ooooooaaah........
I could put that stuff on anything, including the ends of my fingers.
Love the idea of a fig and stilton.

But, but, but... the best Stilton is blue - white Stilton is a pale imitation.
03-03-2017, 01:53 AM
(03-03-2017 01:43 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Why does God need help from these guys?

Because as incapable as they are, a non-existent god is even less capable.

.... I think.

.... dammit, do I have to extend my model of capacity into the negatives?

*goes off to find a whiteboard*

(03-03-2017 01:45 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  But, but, but... the best Stilton is blue - white Stilton is a pale imitation.

I see what you did there.

Dodgy
Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
03-03-2017, 02:18 AM
(02-03-2017 03:11 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  I think it is fascinating God has two natures and was willing to become like us for our own sake.

Seriously? You consider this an in-depth commentary about your linked video?

You've yet to supply us any evidence that the entity you call God actually exists—let alone has "two natures". Whatever the fuck that means. No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post