Two Natures of Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 02:21 AM
RE: Two Natures of Christ
Yeah, two natures. Good and evil. God holds all the cards and plays both sides, as the religious so often forget.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 02:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-03-2017 02:21 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Yeah, two natures. Good and evil. God holds all the cards and plays both sides, as the religious so often forget.

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7

The amounting of dancing Theists engage to dismiss this line is utterly hilarious, in the saddest most desperate way possible. Of course none of them seem to notice the double standard they apply to the 'creating evil' bits, and yet take the rest of the seemingly good bit without question or using the same creative 'interpretation' techniques they use to sidestep the culpability of their god creating evil. God only ever seems to get credit for the good bits.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2017, 02:52 AM
Ah no, it means "calamity". Like with the "tree of the knowledge of good and calamity".

And calamity is much nicer than evil, isn't it Big Grin

If you drop all logic and integrity, discussions become so much simpler. I think I will become an apologist.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
03-03-2017, 02:55 AM
(03-03-2017 02:52 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I think I will become an apologist.

Please don't! I like you better when I'm not arguing with you. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2017, 06:00 AM
(03-03-2017 02:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 02:21 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Yeah, two natures. Good and evil. God holds all the cards and plays both sides, as the religious so often forget.

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7

You're taking it out of context. Speaking of food, I hadda stuff my face with stuffed peppers before I start up that Zero Dawn shit again. I suck enough without being hangry. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-03-2017, 07:05 AM
(02-03-2017 06:23 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ You may want to check out father Barron's take on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvXbEMkiCY

Why? To hear the same crap we've heard for years?
03-03-2017, 09:15 AM
(02-03-2017 02:55 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Greetings my dear friends,

Please take a look at this video to see the two natures of Christ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZf6fp_uQw

PM me if you have any questions

Sorry, not going to watch. I already know that you worship a walking contradiction.

Jesus in the story is both man and God, i.e., man and not man at the same time.

For that reason alone the story must be rejected as all contradictions must be rejected unless one abandons reason.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
03-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Summary of ProudCatholic's activities in these 9 pages:

Posted a video link
Posted a poor substitute for commentary on the video
A few drive-by peek-a-boos
Mostly absent

Conclusion:
At best - waste of time
At worst - troll

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
03-03-2017, 02:28 PM
(02-03-2017 09:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Because the monophysites lost out to the dyophysites after the Council of Chalcedon.

Sounds like something from one of TheBeardedDude's papers.

I should read some of his papers.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
03-03-2017, 03:01 PM
(02-03-2017 04:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like the version that decided to kill an olive tree for not having olives.

That's just like Darth Vader.

Actually, kinda funny...my first reaction when Anakin in Episode III yells, "if you're not for me, you're against me" and Obi Wan replies that only the Sith deal in absolutes, I said out loud, "Did that Jedi just call my Savior a Sith?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post