Two Truths, One Lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 05:54 AM
RE: Two Truths, One Lie
(14-12-2012 05:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  So Dom, tell us where have you not been chased out from?
Yes! Tell us, Dom!

And just for the fun of it, I'll have three more with the topic "music":

1. I can sing both Soprano and Alto
2. I have once been adressed as "Oh, you are the daughter of the singer?"
3. One of the WeatherGirls has told me that I have a good voice.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 08:13 AM by Dom.)
(14-12-2012 05:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, I think I want to retract my previous statement. I actually thought they'd pardoned him. Shows how stupid I am.

So Dom, tell us where have you not been chased out from? (Yay, I just dangled not one, but two prepositions!)

Not sure if I should answer questions with not one, but two dangling prepositions...

1. I once was chased out of a town in Romania

Yes I was. Long time ago, late 60s, early 70s sometime, we were driving through Romania and I got my period and had nothing left to deal with it. So we drove away from the main road to a tiny town, just like 20 houses or so. It had a store and I went in and tried to explain to the lady that I needed tampons. Tampons were fairly new these days, and I should have known to just ask for something else. But I tried to explain what I wanted and got vacant looks. Finally they gave me a pencil and paper and I proceeded to draw... they started arguing loudly and pointed the finger at the door and yelled at me and so I left and got into the waiting car. The ladies ran after me and started throwing cabbages from a box outside the store at the car. We sped off... I can only speculate what they thought I wanted... Shocking

2. I once was chased out of a house in Berkley California

This is the lie.

3. I once was chased across the border from Turkey to Greece

This was during my hippie days. My boyfriend and I took a bus from Istanbul to Greece. What we didn't know is that the bus didn't cross the border but stopped a couple miles early at a rest stop with a restaurant and a small village and let us out. It was late and we were hungry so we went to eat. The all male customers there started sending Raki to our table, and we declined repeatedly. Then one guy came to our table and explained in broken English that he would like us to spend the night locally and offered a bed. We declined politely (getting odd vibes from everyone) and headed out - we were going to walk to the border. It was a straight, narrow, dark road and after we had walked a little stretch we heard a car firing up back at the restaurant. To be safe we decided to jump into the ditch and walk there. In the mud, lol. The car would drive a bit, stop, turn the lights out, wait, turn the lights on, drive a bit more and so on. It passed us and came back in the same fashion after a bit. We made our way to the border, soaked in mud and dripping wet. The Turks let us out and when we got to the Greek border the guy there motioned us to wait. Then he came back with his wife who motioned us to follow. We did. She fed us and led us to a tub with hot water. We got washed up, and then their son came in and explained in broken english that we were not the first ones being chased by people from that Turkish restaurant and went into a long tirade about the evil Turks. It was starting to get light out and after thanking everyone profusely we went and hitched a ride into Greece....

That time of my life was full of adventures of all kinds as we were travelling Europe mostly on foot, and not all parts were all that civilized back then. If my life ever flashes in front of my eyes when I die, I am going to have a long movie to watch, lol.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
14-12-2012, 08:22 AM
OK, I guess I'll jump into this one myself...

1. I was born in the same hospital as Barack Obama, and my house was about two miles away from his.
2. I am a member of Mensa.
3. I am colorblind.
14-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Two Truths, One Lie
(14-12-2012 08:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 05:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, I think I want to retract my previous statement. I actually thought they'd pardoned him. Shows how stupid I am.

So Dom, tell us where have you not been chased out from? (Yay, I just dangled not one, but two prepositions!)

Not sure if I should answer questions with not one, but two dangling prepositions...

Yes I was. Long time ago, late 60s, early 70s sometime, we were driving through Romania and I got my period and had nothing left to deal with it. So we drove away from the main road to a tiny town, just like 20 houses or so. It had a store and I went in and tried to explain to the lady that I needed tampons. Tampons were fairly new these days, and I should have known to just ask for something else. But I tried to explain what I wanted and got vacant looks. Finally they gave me a pencil and paper and I proceeded to draw... they started arguing loudly and pointed the finger at the door and yelled at me and so I left and got into the waiting car. The ladies ran after me and started throwing cabbages from a box outside the store at the car. We sped off... I can only speculate what they thought I wanted... Shocking

This is the lie.

This was during my hippie days. My boyfriend and I took a bus from Istanbul to Greece. What we didn't know is that the bus didn't cross the border but stopped a couple miles early at a rest stop with a restaurant and a small village and let us out. It was late and we were hungry so we went to eat. The all male customers there started sending Raki to our table, and we declined repeatedly. Then one guy came to our table and explained in broken English that he would like us to spend the night locally and offered a bed. We declined politely (getting odd vibes from everyone) and headed out - we were going to walk to the border. It was a straight, narrow, dark road and after we had walked a little stretch we heard a car firing up back at the restaurant. To be safe we decided to jump into the ditch and walk there. In the mud, lol. The car would drive a bit, stop, turn the lights out, wait, turn the lights on, drive a bit more and so on. It passed us and came back in the same fashion after a bit. We made our way to the border, soaked in mud and dripping wet. The Turks let us out and when we got to the Greek border the guy there motioned us to wait. Then he came back with his wife who motioned us to follow. We did. She fed us and led us to a tub with hot water. We got washed up, and then their son came in and explained in broken english that we were not the first ones being chased by people from that Turkish restaurant and went into a long tirade about the evil Turks. It was starting to get light out and after thanking everyone profusely we went and hitched a ride into Greece....

That time of my life was full of adventures of all kinds as we were travelling Europe mostly on foot, and not all parts were all that civilized back then. If my life ever flashes in front of my eyes when I die, I am going to have a long movie to watch, lol.

I'm a little disappointed you weren't chased out of Turkey for smuggling hashish. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Two Truths, One Lie
(14-12-2012 08:22 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  OK, I guess I'll jump into this one myself...

1. I was born in the same hospital as Barack Obama, and my house was about two miles away from his.
3. I am colorblind.

I don't believe you were born in Kenya, so I assume #1 must be the lie. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-12-2012, 08:45 AM
(14-12-2012 08:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 08:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  Not sure if I should answer questions with not one, but two dangling prepositions...

This is the lie.

I'm a little disappointed you weren't chased out of Turkey for smuggling hashish. Undecided

That would have landed me in a turkish jail - not exactly desireable accomodations, especially in those days.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-12-2012, 08:47 AM
(14-12-2012 08:22 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  OK, I guess I'll jump into this one myself...

3. I am colorblind.

I think 1 is the lie.

14-12-2012, 09:12 AM
(14-12-2012 08:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 08:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm a little disappointed you weren't chased out of Turkey for smuggling hashish. Undecided

That would have landed me in a turkish jail - not exactly desireable accomodations, especially in those days.

Midnight Express

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-12-2012, 09:51 AM
(14-12-2012 08:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  

3. I am colorblind.

I think 1 is the lie.
Ditto.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
14-12-2012, 09:58 AM
(14-12-2012 09:51 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 08:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:pianodwarf Wrote: OK, I guess I'll jump into this one myself...

3. I am colorblind.

I think 1 is the lie.
Ditto.
Nope, that one is actually true (assuming you believe he was born in Honolulu, that is). I also went to the same school he did for one year, although I never met him because he was in twelfth grade, and I was in fifth.