Two Truths, One Lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: Two Truths, One Lie
(14-12-2012 10:35 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  1. I have had a provisional driving licence for over 7 years and still not had any lessons.

2. I have been hit by a car.

3. I once got so drunk, I woke up in another country.
You stink: #2

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 10:58 AM
(14-12-2012 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  1. I've been shot.

2. I've been stabbed.

3. I've been beaten with a baseball bat.
1. being shot

You stabbed yourself, and the baseball bat thing was during your youth.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
14-12-2012, 11:00 AM
(14-12-2012 10:35 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  1. I have had a provisional driving licence for over 7 years and still not had any lessons.

2. I have been hit by a car.

3. I once got so drunk, I woke up in another country.
#3 is so obvious for a Scotsman, that I'm thinking it must be the lie. Tongue

(14-12-2012 10:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
  1. My golf handicap is 10.
  2. I got a hole-in-one but didn't see it.
  3. I started a round of golf in the winter and finished in the spring.
I think your handicap is a negative number so I'm going with that as the lie.

(14-12-2012 10:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  1. I've been shot.

2. I've been stabbed.

3. I've been beaten with a baseball bat.
Pretty sure your wife has done #'s 2 and 3 to you. I would not be surprised if #1 is true, but the other 2 seem more likely so I choose #1 as the lie. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Erx spotted my ploy, nicely done.

The rest of you are a buch of racists!!! Tongue

1.True. I got my provisional for my 17th birthday and it runs out in 2 years so I'll take lessons sometime between now and then.

2. True. Luckily it was a narrow street so wasn't going fast enough to do any damage other than giving me a bruised leg.

3. False. I've never lost control of myself so as to leave the country while drunk.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
14-12-2012, 11:14 AM
(14-12-2012 10:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
  1. My golf handicap is 10.
  2. I got a hole-in-one but didn't see it.
  3. I started a round of golf in the winter and finished in the spring.
#1 - my handicap is more like 20.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 11:17 AM
#1 was shot by a careless idiot who lowered his .22 and accidentally pulled the trigger. Round went through my boot, through my heel, and lodged in the sole of the boot. Hurt like a bitch, but was really just a superficial wound. But hey, it sounds cool to say I've been shot (until you hear the story anyways)

#2 lie.

#3 thought I was tough when I was young. Some guys robbed my brother so I confronted them. The guy with the bat laughed, then proceeded to beat the ever loving piss out of me. Broken elbow with the first swing, and I was done. I crumpled like a cheap piece of tissue. He proceeded to break my nose, crack my cheekbone, knock out three teeth, fracture my hip, and shatter my ankle. Very humbling to say the least.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-12-2012, 11:20 AM
(14-12-2012 11:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  #3 thought I was tough when I was young. Some guys robbed my brother so I confronted them. The guy with the bat laughed, then proceeded to beat the ever loving piss out of me. Broken elbow with the first swing, and I was done. I crumpled like a cheap piece of tissue. He proceeded to break my nose, crack my cheekbone, knock out three teeth, fracture my hip, and shatter my ankle. Very humbling to say the least.
You, men, always trying to prove something! No Knew this guy in Rio (also Canadian, hmm, coincidence?) and he got robbed/mugged twice (wasn't hurt; was robbed mostly due to his own stupidity). Was talking about going back to one of the places with a knife or something (can't remember) and waiting for the guy to try and mug him again. Needless to say, all 20 people in the house told him he was being an idiot.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-12-2012, 11:24 AM
(14-12-2012 11:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 11:17 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  #3 thought I was tough when I was young. Some guys robbed my brother so I confronted them. The guy with the bat laughed, then proceeded to beat the ever loving piss out of me. Broken elbow with the first swing, and I was done. I crumpled like a cheap piece of tissue. He proceeded to break my nose, crack my cheekbone, knock out three teeth, fracture my hip, and shatter my ankle. Very humbling to say the least.
You, men, always trying to prove something! No Knew this guy in Rio (also Canadian, hmm, coincidence?) and he got robbed/mugged twice (wasn't hurt; was robbed mostly due to his own stupidity). Was talking about going back to one of the places with a knife or something (can't remember) and waiting for the guy to try and mug him again. Needless to say, all 20 people in the house told him he was being an idiot.

Yeah, that would be completely stupid.

I would use a scoped rifle and go for a head shot from 50 -100 yards. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-12-2012, 11:25 AM
(14-12-2012 11:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, that would be completely stupid.
I would use a scoped rifle and go for a head shot from 50 -100 yards. Drinking Beverage
And prove what exactly? That's yours is bigger Laughat

As I said, men...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-12-2012, 11:25 AM
(14-12-2012 11:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  
Ya, I've done some dumb shit. I mean really, who the hell thinks confronting a dude with a baseball bat and three other friends is a good idea? I don't think I got what I deserved, but I was definitely due for a good give-your-head-a-shake-beating. The worst part is, I never even got to take a swing. I was in WAY over my head. Lol.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post