Two UK police killed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: Two UK police killed.
(18-09-2012 12:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im sure in Stapeltons head he could justify for his own reasons what he did.

You are justifying in your head reasons to horrendously torturing him.

Whats the difference???

I haven't shot someone in the face for absolutely no discernible reason.

That's the difference between me and Stapleton.

Besides, like I said I can't justify my actions. Just like I can't justify why I gain enjoyment from watching football or playing chess I can't justify why I would gain enjoyment from putting a real downer on an asshole's day/life, I just would.

As far as Cregan goes my reaction would really depend on him. If he acted like he was some great guy I'd wanna treat him just like Stapleton. If he didn't play the macho act I'd just put a bullet in his head because I really don't see any reason to waste money keeping him alive, I wouldn't take pleasure in it.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 12:40 PM
If studying this kind of abnormal behavior can help to recognize it in the future and even possibly prevent it, then it's not a waste to clothe and house these kind of people who have lost touch with reality. As long as they are prevented contact with society for the rest of their days, I'd rather have people like this studied, not done away with.

To me, how something is dealt with is really a choice between furthering knowledge or discarding knowledge. I have to think that furthering knowledge is always going to be of great benefit. Consider Probably just me.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-09-2012, 12:42 PM
(18-09-2012 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  If studying this kind of abnormal behavior can help to recognize it in the future and even possibly prevent it, then it's not a waste to clothe and house these kind of people who have lost touch with reality. As long as they are prevented contact with society for the rest of their days, I'd rather have people like this studied rather than done away with.

To me, how something is dealt with is really a choice between furthering knowledge or discarding knowledge. I have to think that furthering knowledge is always going to be of great benefit. Consider Probably just me.

UK prison sentence tend to run concurrently and indeterminate sentences have just been outlawed by the EU. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out in a little over twenty years.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
18-09-2012, 01:18 PM
(18-09-2012 12:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It doesn't make it right. However it saves us having to pay for him and stops him from getting a reasonable quality life whilst his victims rot in the ground. Why should we care about the rights of someone who has violated other people's right to life?

If it's not right, don't do it. Imo, the best thing that can be made of a situation like this is to study the criminal. If we can learn something from him, we can perhaps find better methods to make sure people like him can't arm themselves. It's the only way we can get something productive and positive from this situation.

(18-09-2012 12:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  It's the attitude of these people that really gets under my skin. Take 'Psycho Stapleton' for example. What really irritates me is how great he thinks he is, he thinks he's this total bad-ass who doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

Many people who say that they "don't give a shit what anyone thinks", don't believe it and are bluffing for the sake of intimidation and/or sense of status. Those that do truly believe it are so stupid that getting angry is pointless and won't change anything. It's like getting angry at a baby for behaving like a baby. All people are limited by their brain's ability to function. Obviously, there is something wrong with how the killer's brain works and nothing will change/improve that unless we study him. Simply killing him would be making the worst of a situation, as nothing good will have come from the deaths of the victims. At least, if something productive can come of this, the victims didn't die pointlessly.

(18-09-2012 12:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Like I said, I'm completely against such things as a rule of thumb and my rational side is screaming against what I'm typing but when I see stories like this my blood boils and all rationale goes out of the window.

Emotions suck, ignore them. Thumbsup

(18-09-2012 12:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  UK prison sentence tend to run concurrently and indeterminate sentences have just been outlawed by the EU. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out in a little over twenty years.

There is a miniscule chance that the killer will change during that time. Unlikely, yeah, but it shouldn't be ruled out. Also, what's left for him if he gets out? You think he'll have many friends around? Family wanting to support him? People who'll want to hire him? Criminals wanting to be seen with him? I can't imagine that people won't be keeping an eye on him if he gets out.

Of course, if it turns out that the killer is insane (he did turn himself in, after all), then I see no chance of him returning to society.
[+] 1 user Likes caffeinesoul's post
18-09-2012, 01:28 PM
(18-09-2012 12:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  UK prison sentence tend to run concurrently and indeterminate sentences have just been outlawed by the EU. I wouldn't be surprised if he was out in a little over twenty years.

In the US, sentencing kind of depends on the nature of the crime. Sadly, "25 to life" means there could be a possibility of parol in 10 years. And 16% of prison inmates released will commit another crime and return.

I think the statistics are quite different though when addressing sanity in connection with guilt. Those cases generally carry lengthy sentences and even more lengthy parol hearings. I'm kind of for that... if it's deliberate and they know they would do it again, I say keep them inside 'til they're ready to be planted. I don't think it's at all cruel to either them or society. Just my opinion.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
18-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Oh and of course KC will think that they died because they weren't 'special enough' for God. That religion is annoying me more and more.
18-09-2012, 04:10 PM
(18-09-2012 03:25 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Oh and of course KC will think that they died because they weren't 'special enough' for God. That religion is annoying me more and more.

Its annoyance is just starting to escalate in you? Calvinism = Expiration of all morality and logic.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
18-09-2012, 04:37 PM
(18-09-2012 03:25 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Oh and of course KC will think that they died because they weren't 'special enough' for God. That religion is annoying me more and more.

No, KC would tell you get pre-decided they will die this way. It has nothing to do with how special they are. They may or may not be elect so they could end up going up or down, God has pre-decided this as well.

Best
Worst

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Police strike, pillage and hate nach_in 5 195 05-12-2013 09:50 PM
Last Post: Juv
  Children in chemical attack video were kidnapped by rebels then killed later. I and I 19 686 15-09-2013 07:20 PM
Last Post: I and I
  Zimmerman in police custody LadyWallFlower 8 395 10-09-2013 03:31 PM
Last Post: Julius
  Free Syrian army leader killed by Alqaeda I and I 2 271 15-07-2013 09:38 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  19 Firefighters killed in Arizona blaze. Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 2 259 01-07-2013 08:29 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Philippine Coast Guard killed a Chinese fisherman HU.Junyuan 2 247 10-05-2013 08:34 AM
Last Post: HU.Junyuan
  Bunch of miners killed in South Africa earmuffs 14 919 22-08-2012 07:40 PM
Last Post: Hughsie