Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2011, 07:51 PM
RE: Two guys walk on water!
MMMMMMMMM.....gravy.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2011, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 06:53 AM by Filox.)
While looking how to make this cool liquid, I stumbled upon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-KOYQsI...re=related . This is even more fun. Who knew how much crazy unlogical stuff there is...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Illusionist walking over the river thames.......

.......anybody got a crucifix???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
17-11-2011, 01:50 AM
(15-11-2011 01:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This got me thinking, maybe Jesus ran across a pond of oobleck?

No. Paul ran a simulation of Jesus in his mind. He used electromagnetic communication to put his simulation in others minds, miracles and all. Capital a atheist right here. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I love how you say "capital a atheist" and then you don't capitalize the "a" or the "a" in atheist.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
17-11-2011, 02:24 PM
(17-11-2011 07:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I love how you say "capital a atheist" and then you don't capitalize the "a" or the "a" in atheist.

My egotism is mere simulation. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-11-2011, 10:13 PM
(15-11-2011 01:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Smile Here's another one... very instructional.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJikar9V...re=related

If you try this (which I did), you'll discover that the proportions given in the video are way off. You need more corn starch than water. (I don't know the correct proportions, since my first attempt at making oobleck failed. Fortunately, corn starch is very cheap.)

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
17-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Stop me if you've heard this one:

A Pentecostal, a Baptist, and an Episcopalian are fishing together in a small boat on a beautiful lake. The Pentecostal suddenly exclaims, "The Holy Spirit just reminded me I forgot my lunch!" He jumps out of the boat, runs across the lake to shore, gets his lunch and runs back.

The Baptist then suddenly exclaims, "I feel a stirring in my heart that must be God telling me I need to turn the lights off on my car." So he jumps out of the boat, and same thing, runs across the lake and back into the boat.

The Episcopalian who does not hear the voice of God nor does he believe in miracles finds this all very curious. After some careful consideration he says, "Excuse me, I'll be right back!" He jumps out of the boat and promptly sinks to the bottom.

The Pentecostal turns to the Baptist and says, "Brother, do you think we ought to have told him about the big rocks under the water?

Oh, how I miss the days of linking the theme of a sermon with a goofy pastor joke.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-11-2011, 08:20 PM
(17-11-2011 10:13 PM)cufflink Wrote:  If you try this (which I did), you'll discover that the proportions given in the video are way off. You need more corn starch than water.

So, not just gravy, but lumpy inedible gravy bricks. ... Yeah, that's my sister-in-law's gravy. Can't wait for Thanksgiving now.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-11-2011, 11:01 AM
(21-11-2011 08:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-11-2011 10:13 PM)cufflink Wrote:  If you try this (which I did), you'll discover that the proportions given in the video are way off. You need more corn starch than water.

So, not just gravy, but lumpy inedible gravy bricks. ... Yeah, that's my sister-in-law's gravy. Can't wait for Thanksgiving now.

That is most unfortunate. If you mix it up you may be able to make a non-newtonain fluid at the table. Gives a whole new meaning to "playing with your food."

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley