Two truths and a lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: Two truths and a lie
(22-01-2016 06:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 11:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm gonna go with sailing just to be different then Tongue.

1. The first time I got knocked out was by a teenage girl in a sparring session at an Aikido school I was attending while stationed in Misawa, Japan. Sensei thought I was being cocky, so he paired me with his daughter, this little 90 pound crazy psychopath of a girl.

2. One time while diving off my stepfather'a sailboat I jumped before looking in the water, and as I started to fall I saw about a 10 foot nurse shark right below me. They're not known to be dangerous, but for a few seconds I definitely had some sphincter puckering going on. When I landed, however, almost on to of it, I scared the living shit out of it and it swam away.

3. While hiking Yellow Mountain (China) with my now ex wife, a German classmate, and his Korean girlfriend, we spotted a cobra. It slithered away, but after knowing they were out there, she refused to walk through tall grass where she couldn't see the ground, and he had to carry her partway back down the mountain.

.2 is the lie. I've been a drummer working since 1982. :}

I was right Drinking Beverage Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2016, 08:41 AM
(22-01-2016 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  1. An ex co-worker of mine is married to a famous Christian rocker/musician.

2. Growing up, I spent two months every year living on a boat.

3. I dated one of the Boston Bruins when I was living in MA. He was my best friend's next door neighbor and that's how we met.

The first because it's not really about you, and if you're anything like me, you had trouble coming up with something creative for a lie about yourself. -And because the other two seem very believable.

1. I have a huge evangelical Christian family.
2. I originally planned to be an artist. –I’ve got the skill, just not the will.
3. I once shoplifted about $100 worth of merchandise from Disney World.
22-01-2016, 08:57 AM
(22-01-2016 08:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  1. I have a huge evangelical Christian family.
2. I originally planned to be an artist. –I’ve got the skill, just not the will.

#2 is the lie

1. I was watching a soap opera, All My Children, when my mom heard on the radio Elvis had died.

2. I was at home from school sick sitting on the floor watching the presidents cavalcade on TV and I watched President Kennedy get shot.

2. While watch the TV on the morning of my birthday, America suffered the biggest terrorist attack ever.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
22-01-2016, 09:03 AM
(22-01-2016 08:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  1. I have a huge evangelical Christian family.

#2 is the lie

Not quite. #3 is the lie. I've never stolen anything in my life, but I did once absentmindedly pocket an eyeliner at the drugstore. Halfway home I realized what had happened and I immediately turned my car around and returned the item to the store.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-01-2016, 09:05 AM
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  #2 is the lie

Not quite. #3 is the lie. I've never stolen anything in my life, but I did once absentmindedly pocket an eyeliner at the drugstore. Halfway home I realized what had happened and I immediately turned my car around and returned the item to the store.

Dang, I thought it was too obvious a no-no to be a lie. lol I need to quit trying to out think people. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
22-01-2016, 09:08 AM
(22-01-2016 08:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  1. I was watching a soap opera, All My Children, when my mom heard on the radio Elvis had died.

2. I was at home from school sick sitting on the floor watching the presidents cavalcade on TV and I watched President Kennedy get shot.

[3]. While watch the TV on the morning of my birthday, America suffered the biggest terrorist attack ever.

I'm guessing the third, but perhaps you should wait to reveal it until after someone responds with a guess and their own 2 truths and a lie.
22-01-2016, 09:11 AM
(21-01-2016 10:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 10:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  Store detective? WTF even is that? I'ma say that's the lie.

Banjo, 2 & 3 are both lies. You've lived with 2000 women and slept with 46 dogs.

I've only lived with 44 dogs.

As for the women, I played in clubs over 30 years. Wink

Next person I suppose.

[Image: Friday-Meme-Damn-14.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
22-01-2016, 09:13 AM
(22-01-2016 08:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  1. An ex co-worker of mine is married to a famous Christian rocker/musician.

2. Growing up, I spent two months every year living on a boat.

3. I dated one of the Boston Bruins when I was living in MA. He was my best friend's next door neighbor and that's how we met.

The first because it's not really about you, and if you're anything like me, you had trouble coming up with something creative for a lie about yourself. -And because the other two seem very believable.

1. I have a huge evangelical Christian family.

For mine, number 3 is a lie. My best friend did live next door to one of the Boston Bruins but he was happily married. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-01-2016, 09:17 AM
1. I've lived in three states.
2. I've visited 46 states
3. I've visited 5 other countries (besides the u.s.)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
22-01-2016, 10:02 AM
46 is a lot of states. I'm going to guess that number 1 is the lie. The number is actually higher.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor