Two truths and a lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Two truths and a lie
1. I was president of an organization that includes Geraldo Rivera as a member.
2. I was one of the people whose criticism of Don Imus led to his firing after the "Nappy Headed Ho" comment he made suring a broadcast.
3. I ran for a seat on the city commission in my county and lost, badly.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
22-01-2016, 09:48 PM
(22-01-2016 10:05 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  1. I was president of an organization that includes Geraldo Rivera as a member.
2. I was one of the people whose criticism of Don Imus led to his firing after the "Nappy Headed Ho" comment he made suring a broadcast.
3. I ran for a seat on the city commission in my county and lost, badly.

3 is the lie. You won handily.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-01-2016, 05:48 AM
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  #2 is the lie

Not quite. #3 is the lie. I've never stolen anything in my life, but I did once absentmindedly pocket an eyeliner at the drugstore. Halfway home I realized what had happened and I immediately turned my car around and returned the item to the store.

I'd have thought #1? Didn't you say your fam were all atheists and so forth?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-01-2016, 08:38 AM
(23-01-2016 05:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 09:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Not quite. #3 is the lie. I've never stolen anything in my life, but I did once absentmindedly pocket an eyeliner at the drugstore. Halfway home I realized what had happened and I immediately turned my car around and returned the item to the store.

I'd have thought #1? Didn't you say your fam were all atheists and so forth?

Yes. I did say that. It's just that this other branch is.... different. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
23-01-2016, 04:52 PM
(22-01-2016 09:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 08:57 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  1. I was watching a soap opera, All My Children, when my mom heard on the radio Elvis had died.

2. I was at home from school sick sitting on the floor watching the presidents cavalcade on TV and I watched President Kennedy get shot.

[3]. While watch the TV on the morning of my birthday, America suffered the biggest terrorist attack ever.

I'm guessing the third, but perhaps you should wait to reveal it until after someone responds with a guess and their own 2 truths and a lie.

No, #1 is the lie. I was at work selling shoes for AirStep Shoes when I heard it on the radio. The lady I was helping and I cried for 15 minutes right there on the selling floor.

#2 & 3 are both true. I was 6 when Kennedy was shot. I had been home sick from 1st grade for 2 days because of a cold. I was watching the cars go by and suddenly the president slumped forward. Then the news anchors started yelling "the presidents been shot, the presidents been shot...". There was no time lag in those days for TV. I started crying and went in the kitchen to tell my mom. She didn't believe me and went to see. She grabbed me and we went next door to the neighbors. I was still in my pj's, everyone was crying.

#3 The morning of my birthday I turned on the TV and was watching the Today show when they announced the Alfred P. Murrah federal building building in OKC had been blown up. Even though I was an adult and lived away from home, I was at my mother's house again visiting that week. I was watching the same Today show when the planes hit the twin towers, only I lived in OK by then.

I need to stop watching tv. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM
1. I almost drove my dad's snowmobile into our pool when I was 6. He left it running by mistake and I hopped on looking to go for a ride...by myself Laugh out load

2. I was captain of the cheerleading team in high school.

3. I can hold my breath underwater for a longer duration than most people.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-02-2016, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 09:24 PM by carol.)
1) I worked for Carlos Santana.

2) While hiking at the Grand Canyon, I slipped and fell, almost sliding to my death. I have a lifelong fear of heights as a result.

3) I took acid on my 21st birthday.

Jennybee I guess that you are unable to hold your breath longer than average.
02-02-2016, 09:18 PM
jennybee, you were not captain of the cheerleading team.

carol, you took acid sooner than that.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
02-02-2016, 09:19 PM
(02-02-2016 09:18 PM)cactus Wrote:  jennybee, you were not captain of the cheerleading team.

carol, you took acid sooner than that.

hahaha Yes you got me
02-02-2016, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 09:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-02-2016 09:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  1. I almost drove my dad's snowmobile into our pool when I was 6. He left it running by mistake and I hopped on looking to go for a ride...by myself Laugh out load

2. I was captain of the cheerleading team in high school.

3. I can hold my breath underwater for a longer duration than most people.

#1's the lie. The fuck you need a pool for if you live somewhere you need a snowblower? Gonna make a hockey rink?

1. I missed 125 days of my senior year in High School and graduated with a 1.7 GPA and was accepted to multiple tier one universities.
2. I went after hours skinny-dipping in the local pool and drove their lawn mower into the deep-end doing my best Dr. Strangelove rendition.
3. I can drink a liter of booze and still get up and go to work none the worse for wear.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus