Two truths and a lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: Two truths and a lie
(11-02-2016 12:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  3 is the lie. You were too bloody faithful Big Grin
(11-02-2016 06:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'll go with No. 1 is the lie.

You're both wrong; Heatheness got it right. I was indeed an elder for five years, between when I was around 24 to 29. I quit when I started having kids. This also happened to coincide with my two-year deconversion. I also totally made out with a girl from my youth group a few youth-group-nights in the stair well. The Bible doesn't say nuthin about kissin!

(11-02-2016 08:30 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  #2, lie.

I would hate to do door-to-door stuff, and I would have hated it, then. We did do stuff like rake the yards of shut-ins. On a side note, this is how I managed to see a DeLorean up close (yes, a 97-year-old woman had a fucking DeLorean. It had under 10,000 miles, and her son used it to run errands for her. Lucky.).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-02-2016, 08:15 AM
(12-02-2016 08:05 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 12:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  3 is the lie. You were too bloody faithful Big Grin
(11-02-2016 06:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'll go with No. 1 is the lie.

You're both wrong; Heatheness got it right. I was indeed an elder for five years, between when I was around 24 to 29. I quit when I started having kids. This also happened to coincide with my two-year deconversion. I also totally made out with a girl from my youth group a few youth-group-nights in the stair well. The Bible doesn't say nuthin about kissin!

(11-02-2016 08:30 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  #2, lie.

I would hate to do door-to-door stuff, and I would have hated it, then. We did do stuff like rake the yards of shut-ins. On a side note, this is how I managed to see a DeLorean up close (yes, a 97-year-old woman had a fucking DeLorean. It had under 10,000 miles, and her son used it to run errands for her. Lucky.).

Yay! I finally got one right. Smile

1. I used to be an athlete; softball, swimming/diving, track, basketball.
2. I was born crippled.
3. I was a lineman for the city utility right out of high school.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-02-2016, 08:24 AM
(12-02-2016 08:15 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  1. I used to be an athlete; softball, swimming/diving, track, basketball.
2. I was born crippled.

It'd be surprising for both 2 and 1 to be true, but I know that's not actually out of the question.

I'll go with 3 as the lie.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
12-02-2016, 08:48 AM
(12-02-2016 08:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 08:15 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  1. I used to be an athlete; softball, swimming/diving, track, basketball.
2. I was born crippled.

It'd be surprising for both 2 and 1 to be true, but I know that's not actually out of the question.

I'll go with 3 as the lie.

Stinker! Tongue

Yes, 3 is the lie. I tried to get on with the phone company as an operator but my test came out a very advanced mechanically so they asked if I would be interested in becoming a lineman. (Women doing "men's work" were cash from the government as minority workers.) I was not going to be some pole jockey freezing my ass off in the winter time and going out in storms in the summer. FTS

1&2 are both true. I was born with my right foot turned around backwards (club footed was what they called it... but not around my mother or you'd be picking yourself up off the floor). It wasn't completely facing the other way but about a 1/4 turn. I had 3 casts and 3 braces in the first 2yrs of my life to get it turned back around.

I started playing softball in second grade and played for 5yrs going to state twice. I played short stop, second base and outfield and I had the 2nd best homerun stat in the city. Then in 6th grade I ran track for 2yrs, I was only average. In high school I did swimming/diving and basketball, I dabbled in gymnastics and tennis a bit. I excelled at both diving and basketball for 2yrs, then I injured my ankle in my right foot (yes the weakened one) making a jump shot. I tore every muscle and ligament from my knee to my toes. I was bed ridden for 2 weeks and when they removed the first soft cast a cantaloupe would fit inside where my ankle had been and still had room.

I never played sports again, no high heels, no roller skating, nothing. It left me with a slight limp at the age of 17. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-02-2016, 08:57 AM
(12-02-2016 01:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 11:11 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Nope.

#3 is the lie.

Yep. Angel

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2016, 09:01 AM
(12-02-2016 08:48 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Stinker! Tongue

Yes, 3 is the lie. I tried to get on with the phone company as an operator but my test came out a very advanced mechanically so they asked if I would be interested in becoming a lineman. (Women doing "men's work" were cash from the government as minority workers.) I was not going to be some pole jockey freezing my ass off in the winter time and going out in storms in the summer. FTS

1&2 are both true. I was born with my right foot turned around backwards (club footed was what they called it... but not around my mother or you'd be picking yourself up off the floor). It wasn't completely facing the other way but about a 1/4 turn. I had 3 casts and 3 braces in the first 2yrs of my life to get it turned back around.

I started playing softball in second grade and played for 5yrs going to state twice. I played short stop, second base and outfield and I had the 2nd best homerun stat in the city. Then in 6th grade I ran track for 2yrs, I was only average. In high school I did swimming/diving and basketball, I dabbled in gymnastics and tennis a bit. I excelled at both diving and basketball for 2yrs, then I injured my ankle in my right foot (yes the weakened one) making a jump shot. I tore every muscle and ligament from my knee to my toes. I was bed ridden for 2 weeks and when they removed the first soft cast a cantaloupe would fit inside where my ankle had been and still had room.

I never played sports again, no high heels, no roller skating, nothing. It left me with a slight limp at the age of 17. Sad

Dang!
30-03-2016, 12:56 PM
1. I am a horrible singer *unless* I'm singing along to country and western songs.
2. I've taught dance classes.
3. Before becoming vegan, my favorite place to go was In-N-Out (Cali Burger joint) for a double-double.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-03-2016, 01:45 PM
(30-03-2016 12:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  1. I am a horrible singer *unless* I'm singing along to country and western songs.
3. Before becoming vegan, my favorite place to go was In-N-Out (Cali Burger joint) for a double-double.
30-03-2016, 01:59 PM
(30-03-2016 12:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  1. I am a horrible singer *unless* I'm singing along to country and western songs.

I vote #2...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Number 3 is the lie.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi