Two truths and a lie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: Two truths and a lie
1. I once came within 50ft of a grown Kodiak Grizzly bear whilst hiking in the woods by our house in AK.

2. I stayed up two nights in a row procrastinating sleep and playing video games.

3. I accidently bit myself on the knee when (gracefully) avoiding a dodge ball. I now have a scar there representing my pre-braces misaligned incisors.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 10:27 AM
(04-11-2016 10:23 AM)Leela Wrote:  HAHA omg? Did you get spotted?? How did you get home?

And nope, my nr.2 is the lie Big Grin I am really bad at arm wrestling.

No, thankfully it was at like 3 am so no one was awake Hobo I was working two jobs (one was an overnight job) and going to college full-time. I fell asleep nekkid because I was too tired to put on my pajamas and got up somewhere in there and went for a sleep-induced stroll. Luckily, I didn't get very far Laugh out load

Oh and I got home because my boyfriend heard me getting up, going outside, and was like wtf Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-11-2016, 10:31 AM
(04-11-2016 10:23 AM)Loom Wrote:  1. I once came within 50ft of a grown Kodiak Grizzly bear whilst hiking in the woods by our house in AK.

2. I stayed up two nights in a row procrastinating sleep and playing video games.

3. I accidently bit myself on the knee when (gracefully) avoiding a dodge ball. I now have a scar there representing my pre-braces misaligned incisors.

#3 seems the most improbable, but it's too strange to be made up, so I'm guessing that it happened. I'm guessing #2 is the lie.

My three:

1. While in high school, I was in the same gym class with a future major league baseball pitcher, and was also a golf caddy for a retired NFL superstar.

2. I have never had a car or a microwave oven or cable TV.

3. I never had a broken bone until I was 55 years old, and then broke 13 of them all at once.
04-11-2016, 10:36 AM
(04-11-2016 10:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:23 AM)Loom Wrote:  1. I once came within 50ft of a grown Kodiak Grizzly bear whilst hiking in the woods by our house in AK.

#3 seems the most improbable, but it's too strange to be made up, so I'm guessing that it happened. I'm guessing #2 is the lie.

My three:

1. While in high school, I was in the same gym class with a future major league baseball pitcher, and was also a golf caddy for a retired NFL superstar.

3. I never had a broken bone until I was 55 years old, and then broke 13 of them all at once.

3's the lie Consider

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-11-2016, 10:41 AM
(04-11-2016 10:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:31 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  #3 seems the most improbable, but it's too strange to be made up, so I'm guessing that it happened. I'm guessing #2 is the lie.

My three:

3's the lie Consider

Technically, #3 is a "white lie" -- I had bones broken in 13 places, but some of those were the same bone. But basically, that one's true. The lie is #2 -- I don't have any of those things now, but I have had each of them at some time in the past.

In my original post, #2 said "don't have" instead of "never had". Right after I posted it, I did a facepalm and said "Wait a minute, none of those are lies" -- so I quickly went back and changed #2.

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-11-2016, 10:43 AM

2 is the lie... because 1 is just cool and 3 seems like an odd thing to make up.

===
1. The last board game I played was Risk, 12 years ago, when I bit the head off one of those little plastic men and then threw it off the front porch.

2. Past hobbies of mine include (but are not limited to) karate, genealogy, figure skating, photography, running, camping, and playing guitar.

3. I cannot go to sleep at night unless all the covers are straight, unwrinkled, and tucked in at the bottom.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
04-11-2016, 10:50 AM
At work. Tongue

Argh!

Too many replies to reply to!.

Awesome reading who's done what. Smile

Actually.... none of mine are lies. Blush

They just have never all happened at the same time. Big Grin

Yup, we like our bugs BIG down here in Oz. Big Grin
04-11-2016, 10:54 AM
(04-11-2016 10:43 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  

2 is the lie... because 1 is just cool and 3 seems like an odd thing to make up.

===
1. The last board game I played was Risk, 12 years ago, when I bit the head off one of those little plastic men and then threw it off the front porch.

2. Past hobbies of mine include (but are not limited to) karate, genealogy, figure skating, photography, running, camping, and playing guitar.

3. I cannot go to sleep at night unless all the covers are straight, unwrinkled, and tucked in at the bottom.

Um, 3?

04-11-2016, 11:03 AM
(04-11-2016 10:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:43 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  2 is the lie... because 1 is just cool and 3 seems like an odd thing to make up.

===

Um, 3?

Nope. #1. The Risk incident did occur as stated and as a result I quit playing all board games - except one. Scrabble. I am addict. I could never not play it. I'll play it solo if I have no one else to play with. When Scrabulous (pre-cursor to Words With Friends) came out for the iPhone I almost had to go into a rehab facility. Luckily, I found a balance.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
04-11-2016, 11:06 AM
1) I can sing tenor
2) I am an expert on the history of the HIV / AIDS epidemic.
3) I was once married to the daughter of someone famous in the music business.