Two very different articles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Two very different articles
I saw this article posted on Facebook about a Scool banning Halloween to avoid offending Muslims.

I'm thinking... Consider that doesn't sound right. Quick google search, first link I find is this article. Explaining that it was a Christian church trying to ban Halloween because it makes Christian children uncomfortable.

That sounds more like it. Facepalm Rolleyes Seriously these conservative websites just boggle my mind sometimes.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
15-10-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Two very different articles
Halloween is an Irish Celtic festival.

Apparently it used to be celebrated by Irish Celts by gathering on a hill and getting so drunk that they thought they were speaking to the dead.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
15-10-2015, 09:15 PM
I'd like to ban christains as they make me uncomfortable
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
15-10-2015, 10:07 PM
(15-10-2015 09:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd like to ban christains as they make me uncomfortable

Good luck with that, in the US. Though I do agree.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-10-2015, 09:36 AM
They reversed the decision at least. I know a lot of parents were upset. The school district is claiming they didn't 'ban' Halloween of course.

I don't really care much about parades or anything like that. I do look forward to taking my daughter trick-or-treating though.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
16-10-2015, 09:38 AM
It's a war on Halloween!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
16-10-2015, 04:56 PM
I write textbooks, and any mention of Halloween has been taboo for decades. Different sects of Christians are apparently uncomfortable with the mere mention of witches or spooks.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
16-10-2015, 05:00 PM
(16-10-2015 04:56 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I write textbooks, and any mention of Halloween has been taboo for decades. Different sects of Christians are apparently uncomfortable with the mere mention of witches or spooks.

It should be noted that the Puritans in England and the Colonies were deeply against the celebration of Christmas, and it took over a century after the Declaration of Independence before American Christians were comfortable enough with the celebration of Christmas to even make it an official holiday, because of its pagan origins. But people just liked it so much that it stuck around anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_...ontroversy

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post