Two years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Two years
Today is my two-year anniversary here (I also doled out my 1,000th LIKE today).

If you were to ask me on July 10, 2013 if two years later would I still harbor great resentment toward religion and its tentacles, I would have said no. Why? Under my senior photo in my high school yearbook some 27 years ago, I wrote "Live to forgive; learn to forget." It was kind of the way I lived my life. And I still live this way, but for this one thing I just can't let go. I find myself still bitter, still seeking out debates, still cringing at people discussing miracles and religion, etc.

I know I only have one life and I shouldn't waste any of it on this bullshit, but I can't help myself. Maybe it's because I'm trying to help others see what I see so this planet might be that much better for my kids and grandkids.

In my two years here I have learned a lot (especially from Bucky, GWG, Full Circle, Chas, Robby, Free), been inspired (Banjo, Smerc, Moms) and entertained (Muffs, OB, Pablo). I appreciate most of you and am glad I came back after a brief hiatus. I know I don't post as much as the other regulars, but I'm here.

Hopefully I'll get over the bitterness soon. Thanks for having me.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like WillHopp's post
09-07-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: Two years
Congrats WillHopp! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-07-2015, 10:56 PM
I for one am glad you are here. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Yabut... who are you?

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
09-07-2015, 11:56 PM
I don't know you much, but as a fellow Rushhead, it's all good.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-07-2015, 02:02 AM
(09-07-2015 10:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Today is my two-year anniversary here (I also doled out my 1,000th LIKE today).

If you were to ask me on July 10, 2013 if two years later would I still harbor great resentment toward religion and its tentacles, I would have said no. Why? Under my senior photo in my high school yearbook some 27 years ago, I wrote "Live to forgive; learn to forget." It was kind of the way I lived my life. And I still live this way, but for this one thing I just can't let go. I find myself still bitter, still seeking out debates, still cringing at people discussing miracles and religion, etc.

I know I only have one life and I shouldn't waste any of it on this bullshit, but I can't help myself. Maybe it's because I'm trying to help others see what I see so this planet might be that much better for my kids and grandkids.

In my two years here I have learned a lot (especially from Bucky, GWG, Full Circle, Chas, Robby, Free), been inspired (Banjo, Smerc, Moms) and entertained (Muffs, OB, Pablo). I appreciate most of you and am glad I came back after a brief hiatus. I know I don't post as much as the other regulars, but I'm here.

Hopefully I'll get over the bitterness soon. Thanks for having me.

The bitterness is natural and healthy. Use it to shoot them in the kneecaps. You will be protecting the next generation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-07-2015, 02:08 AM
(10-07-2015 02:02 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The bitterness is natural and healthy. Use it to shoot them in the kneecaps. You will be protecting the next generation.

Who knew that the cure was so simple? Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-07-2015, 02:09 AM
I'm glad you stuck aroind. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-07-2015, 02:22 AM
(10-07-2015 02:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm glad you stuck aroind. Smile

It's 'cos we glued him to his chair Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-07-2015, 08:29 AM
(10-07-2015 02:09 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm glad you stuck aroind. Smile

My aroind got stuck once. It was painful.

Tongue

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post