Tx Grand Jury Clears Planned Parenthood, indicts its accusers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Tx Grand Jury Clears Planned Parenthood, indicts its accusers
(26-01-2016 09:38 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 09:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes, that's him. He's looking at a possible 20-25 yrs.

That's a damn shame.

Actually, it's ridiculous. What did he do that warrants that kind of prison term? If that's really the potential sentence, we have some fucked up priorities in this country. 20 -25 YEARS? That can't be right. It may be accurate but it's not right.

He wasted a great deal of everyone's time and money. His actions fouled up the legally obtained government financing of a legitimate group.

Besides, the press always shouts the worst case scenario. We'll be lucky if he gets 30 days in jail.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-01-2016, 10:02 PM
(26-01-2016 09:38 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 09:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes, that's him. He's looking at a possible 20-25 yrs.

That's a damn shame.

Actually, it's ridiculous. What did he do that warrants that kind of prison term? If that's really the potential sentence, we have some fucked up priorities in this country. 20 -25 YEARS? That can't be right. It may be accurate but it's not right.

I don't agree.

These anti-women people spent 3 years faking a business, lying to other businesses, fake ID's, falsely signing privacy documents, making an illegal video (some states two or more or all parties must know of the recording for it to be legal) and then they edited and faked a video full of lies to back up their agenda. They also falsely purchased fetal material for their fake business.

So far they are being charged on all of these offenses. The purchase of fetal tissue is the least of the charges, it's only good for about 2yrs. The fraud of setting up a fake business could get them 10yrs. All total they could see as much as 20-25yrs.

This was a long term conspiracy and cost PP huge amounts of money as well as many other grievances. I think 20yrs is about right. If they actually see 8 I'd be happy.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
26-01-2016, 10:07 PM
It's especially ironic considering all the abortion in the bible.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-01-2016, 10:52 PM
(26-01-2016 10:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 09:38 PM)BnW Wrote:  That's a damn shame.

I don't agree.

These anti-women people spent 3 years faking a business, lying to other businesses, fake ID's, falsely signing privacy documents, making an illegal video (some states two or more or all parties must know of the recording for it to be legal) and then they edited and faked a video full of lies to back up their agenda. They also falsely purchased fetal material for their fake business.

So far they are being charged on all of these offenses. The purchase of fetal tissue is the least of the charges, it's only good for about 2yrs. The fraud of setting up a fake business could get them 10yrs. All total they could see as much as 20-25yrs.

This was a long term conspiracy and cost PP huge amounts of money as well as many other grievances. I think 20yrs is about right. If they actually see 8 I'd be happy.

I don't agree with your non agreement. That much time for a non violent crime is lunacy. I'm ok with jail time but 20 years is ridiculous. As for the money wasted defending against these bullshit accusations, there are ways of dealing with that, including requiring them to reimburse PP for their costs. But, that's never going to happen if they are in jail.

This country has an unnatural obsession with prison and locking people up for long periods of time. In many cases, it not only doesn't solve problems, it actually exacerbates them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-01-2016, 11:33 PM
We can't just let people fake evidence against anyone or a company just because you don't agree with their beliefs or their life style. Especially some as huge as pp. The sad part is the damage is done. They got what they wanted since all these people believe these lies. Just on Facebook alone more people that believe the lies then know the facts. Its been detrimental on public nation wide. People who would have gone to get medical help won't now and people that need their support and information to be well informed on makeing decisions about their health won't go in. Then there's the kids that won't go in because of the lies. That is just the tip of it trickling down.
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
26-01-2016, 11:55 PM
(26-01-2016 10:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  ...
I don't agree with your non agreement. That much time for a non violent crime is lunacy. I'm ok with jail time but 20 years is ridiculous.

I'm curious. What about incitement to violence, assuming a link is confirmed?

Quote:Police said on November 29 that the warrants related to the case against Dear have been sealed because the investigation was active, and that consequently information about the timeline of events, the suspect's motive, and the weapon used would not be released "at this time."[29][34][35][36] According to an unnamed senior law enforcement official, first quoted by NBC News, Dear gave a "rambling" interview after his arrest[29] in which he said at one point, "No more baby parts"[37]—a statement that has been seen as a reference to the Planned Parenthood 2015 undercover videos controversy.[38][39] The unnamed official added that Dear "said a lot of things" in his police interview indicating that the shootings were "definitely politically motivated,"[35] and that in the interview Dear had expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views.[34] Dear is also alleged to have made statements about President Barack Obama during the events surrounding the shooting, prompting the U.S. Secret Service to dispatch agents to evaluate the remarks and interview him.[40]
According to an official close to the investigation, Dear asked at least one person for directions to the Planned Parenthood facility before the shooting, which, according to NBC News offered "the clearest suggestion yet that he was targeting the reproductive health organization."[41]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-01-2016, 01:38 AM
(26-01-2016 05:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Someone from the news was interviewing one of the Texas politicians last night, and when asked if they all knew it was all a fake, he said "Oh, we had no idea". Angel Bull fucking shit they didn't. We were hearing it was made up even before it came out. Buncha liars.

Wait, politicians lie?

Gosh, they might alienate their base!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-01-2016, 01:45 AM
(26-01-2016 10:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  As for the money wasted defending against these bullshit accusations, there are ways of dealing with that, including requiring them to reimburse PP for their costs. But, that's never going to happen if they are in jail.

Could not a bankruptcy judgement stay your proposed solution?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-01-2016, 05:28 AM
(26-01-2016 10:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(26-01-2016 10:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't agree.

I don't agree with your non agreement. That much time for a non violent crime is lunacy. I'm ok with jail time but 20 years is ridiculous. As for the money wasted defending against these bullshit accusations, there are ways of dealing with that, including requiring them to reimburse PP for their costs. But, that's never going to happen if they are in jail.

This country has an unnatural obsession with prison and locking people up for long periods of time. In many cases, it not only doesn't solve problems, it actually exacerbates them.

So you think that it's alright to punish one crime but if they commit several then just pick one and prosecute that. Because the total of years I mention is the possible years of the combined offenses. That is what's ridicules. I don't care if he committed 60 crimes, he should be tried on all counts. No one made him lie, cheat, steal and harm a facility that helps and saves women. No one made him conspire to commit these crimes, he chose them one by one.

He would never be able to pay a fraction of what he cost PP. That damage is done and they cost will never be recovered.

He should get exactly what he deserves, punishment for each offense.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
27-01-2016, 05:35 AM
(26-01-2016 11:33 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  We can't just let people fake evidence against anyone or a company just because you don't agree with their beliefs or their life style. Especially some as huge as pp. The sad part is the damage is done. They got what they wanted since all these people believe these lies. Just on Facebook alone more people that believe the lies then know the facts. Its been detrimental on public nation wide. People who would have gone to get medical help won't now and people that need their support and information to be well informed on makeing decisions about their health won't go in. Then there's the kids that won't go in because of the lies. That is just the tip of it trickling down.

Yes what about the lives, not just the money. The lives they help and save and now people that are turned away because of the lies. Diseases that will go untreated. Pregnancies that will go unmonitored. Because of this fraud people, the public (the poorest, most ignorant and vulnerable) will be physically harmed.

You could easily conclude he would've done less damage by blowing up a facility than what he did this way.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post