U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1
Gotta keep that fear up to keep that funding up.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 10:36 PM
(17-08-2016 09:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My youngest college aged daughter brought home a huge marijuana plant which we planted in our back yard. I helped her select the spot and we both dug the hole for it. I live in Oregon and we're civilized here..... marijuana is legal. Yes I think we can grow one plant if it's out of the sight of passerbys.

Anyway, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be helping one of my children plant a legal marijuana bush. That's amazing. I should take a picture of it. It's beautiful.

They really are lovely plants hey? Wonderful to grow too. Tolerant of the clumsiest gardener, and so satisfying when you get it right and see your plant grow inches in a day.

Not to mention the harvest! Smokin Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-08-2016, 10:42 PM
(17-08-2016 09:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My youngest college aged daughter brought home a huge marijuana plant which we planted in our back yard. I helped her select the spot and we both dug the hole for it. I live in Oregon and we're civilized here..... marijuana is legal. Yes I think we can grow one plant if it's out of the sight of passerbys.

Anyway, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be helping one of my children plant a legal marijuana bush. That's amazing. I should take a picture of it. It's beautiful.

A pic would be cool. Thumbsup
17-08-2016, 10:47 PM
As a former cancer patient who still has to deal with a lot of the ramifications of the organ damage done to me by the treatments I received, and also being ex-mil who knows many veterans who are now fighting private wars against PTSD (and some who fell in those wars), and as a volunteer and activist in the HIV/AIDS advocacy community for the past 20+ years, I am genuinely offended by those who claim it has no medical uses.

I can name two dozen people off the top of my head, especially among the Pozitoid community, who would literally not be alive today if not for the ability to come off of several prescription medicines and just smoke weed when they need to, because the HAART (antiretroviral) medicines are so tough on the liver, and weed is harmless. [Edit to Add: It was even more important in the early days, when the HAART medicines were much harder on the body than the ones are, today, because many could not even keep the pills down to save their lives without the anti-nausea effects of the marijana, not to mention the ability to have enough appetite to eat and regain weight in the face of AIDS-related wasting syndrome.]

One of the things I miss about being a theist is the ability to say that the people who promote this kind of propaganda, sacrificing the health and well-being of humans (and against all scientific evidence) in the name of profits should burn in hell.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2016, 11:27 PM
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the US attitude towards pot. I know the history, and why it was pushed to sched 1, and the money end, of course...but actually, it's a net loss to the government...so WTH?

As a cop, I saw so many drunks kill people or kill themselves or both...you'd be running radar at night and some asshole would blow by you at warp 9, oblivious to the patrol car he just passed, all over the road, just idiotic drunk. He got in that condition legally.

Then comes the car staying PRECISELY centered between the lines. He's going 10 miles below the speed limit already, but he sees your patrol car from 3 miles back and slows to half the legal limit. He stops at each stop sign twice, once about 25 feet before he reaches it, then he stops at the line...and looks in both directions for several minutes before proceeding. This guy violated schedule 1 drug laws and DUI and I'm supposed to treat him like a more dangerous violator than guy #1, above? Idiotic.

Sure, they are both impaired and neither should be driving like that. But any cop will tell you drunks are many, many times more dangerous behind the wheel.

The federal government loses it's ass in the marijuanna fight. The DEA get's a HUGE budget because of it, no doubt...even small local departments get enhanced budgets based on drug trafficking. But that money came from the federal coffers.

They would have you believe that drug seizures are paying for it all...bullshit. Hollywood likes to portray drug dealers as millionaires driving Pagani Zondas and living in 300 room mansions, and that is just not true. The dealers suppliers' suppliers' suppliers' may be, but we rarely, if ever, catch those guys.

Nope, between keeping all of the pot criminals in jail and funding the "war on mary jane", US tax dollars are just dumped by the truckload into the DEA budget. It's ridiculous.

I made some pretty big drug busts when I worked narc. We all did, actually...it's not that hard. It always amused me, on TV they would say "Police seized 1.2 million in drug bust today". Yep. Two Ford pickups, a Subaru Forester, and a shitload of pot/coke/meth/whatever. We can't sell the drugs to recoup the money, so...basically we picked up 3 vehicles, that might sell at police auction for $5-6000 all together, except that the mayor promised his daughter the Subaru, so it'll sell for $10, and the two trucks would be really useful in the city manager's construction company, so he'll pay $100 for the pair. We made $110 for 6 months of work by a task force of 50 officers.

Even when we seized a house, generally the shitheads were late on their mortgage or upside down in it, so we'd sell it and have to pay off the loan, which left nothing for the department.

I need a beer.

Cheers
[+] 5 users Like The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 02:31 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Unfortunately, Dark One, the purpose remains what it was back when Nixon amped it up from its original roots (also overtly racist), to keep certain groups under control. At first it was just Nixon's attempt to stop the counterculture, but it created so many problems so quickly that we're effectively in an Afghanistan of our own creation: no effective hope of winning by force, and just trying to find an exit strategy that doesn't produce something worse than what we already have. At least, that's how some see it, I'm certain.

Now I contend that instead of deliberate racism, we have something worse: capitalism has latched on to an industry that funnels public (tax) dollars into private pockets on the backs of human chattel... literally owned by the Governor of the state, or the Attorney General of the United States, as temporary property. But the money goes into the pockets of Aramark and other service industries that make literal billions, as well as medical subcontractors and a dozen other business services required by the prisons to operate. We use our slaves to produce slave labor, forcing them to work for literally pennies an hour (that they can use toward small items on the canteen that take that money away from the inmate and put it into other private hands) as well, even producing military hardware (tanks, jets, missiles, uniforms, you name it) as well as using them as labor forces on bases.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/profit-driv...-usa/29109

Why mess with a good thing, if you're the ruling class?

That it keeps the city cores your predecessors allowed to rot out through racist policies of the past , which made sure those cores rotted, from bothering the "good", "useful" Americans is just a pleasant side-effect. I don't think the policies/laws are deliberately racist anymore, and neither are 99.999% of the court and police officers that enforce them; but I do think that the racist roots of the system have birthed something else, entirely, which is a monster of monetary greed that does not care about humans enough to dismantle what needs humane revision if America is not going to continue to be known as the Incarceration Nation (we're still way, way, way in the lead).

Indeed, they lobby to preserve it, and pitch awful fits if they don't get their prisoner crops, and thus profits.

Private Prisons Threaten To Sue States Unless They Get More Inmates For Free Labor:
http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/pr...ree-labor/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-08-2016, 11:17 AM
U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1
Mary Jay and any other plant should be a constitutional right to have and smoke.
18-08-2016, 11:24 AM
(17-08-2016 11:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  As a cop, I saw so many drunks kill people or kill themselves or both...you'd be running radar at night and some asshole would blow by you at warp 9, oblivious to the patrol car he just passed, all over the road, just idiotic drunk. He got in that condition legally.

Then comes the car staying PRECISELY centered between the lines. He's going 10 miles below the speed limit already, but he sees your patrol car from 3 miles back and slows to half the legal limit. He stops at each stop sign twice, once about 25 feet before he reaches it, then he stops at the line...and looks in both directions for several minutes before proceeding. This guy violated schedule 1 drug laws and DUI and I'm supposed to treat him like a more dangerous violator than guy #1, above? Idiotic.

My husband and I have discussed exactly this several times.

Even when I was in high school (the 70s) I felt much safer in a car driven by someone who was stoned than someone who was drunk. I understand that both are impaired but my experience showed that the drunk was much more reckless.

I don't consume either one but would much rather be around the stoned members of my family and their friends rather than in a room with a bunch of drunks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 11:39 AM
(17-08-2016 11:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the US attitude towards pot. I know the history, and why it was pushed to sched 1, and the money end, of course...but actually, it's a net loss to the government...so WTH?

As a cop, I saw so many drunks kill people or kill themselves or both...you'd be running radar at night and some asshole would blow by you at warp 9, oblivious to the patrol car he just passed, all over the road, just idiotic drunk. He got in that condition legally.

Sure, they are both impaired and neither should be driving like that. But any cop will tell you drunks are many, many times more dangerous behind the wheel.

The federal government loses it's ass in the marijuanna fight. The DEA get's a HUGE budget because of it, no doubt...even small local departments get enhanced budgets based on drug trafficking. But that money came from the federal coffers.

They would have you believe that drug seizures are paying for it all...bullshit. Hollywood likes to portray drug dealers as millionaires driving Pagani Zondas and living in 300 room mansions, and that is just not true. The dealers suppliers' suppliers' suppliers' may be, but we rarely, if ever, catch those guys.

Nope, between keeping all of the pot criminals in jail and funding the "war on mary jane", US tax dollars are just dumped by the truckload into the DEA budget. It's ridiculous.

I made some pretty big drug busts when I worked narc. We all did, actually...it's not that hard. It always amused me, on TV they would say "Police seized 1.2 million in drug bust today". Yep. Two Ford pickups, a Subaru Forester, and a shitload of pot/coke/meth/whatever. We can't sell the drugs to recoup the money, so...basically we picked up 3 vehicles, that might sell at police auction for $5-6000 all together, except that the mayor promised his daughter the Subaru, so it'll sell for $10, and the two trucks would be really useful in the city manager's construction company, so he'll pay $100 for the pair. We made $110 for 6 months of work by a task force of 50 officers.

Even when we seized a house, generally the shitheads were late on their mortgage or upside down in it, so we'd sell it and have to pay off the loan, which left nothing for the department.

I need a beer.

Cheers

Oregon recently legalized pot and local taxes are being imposed, mostly they go to the local police departments. And everyone is happy about that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2016, 11:42 AM
(18-08-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 11:27 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  As a cop, I saw so many drunks kill people or kill themselves or both...you'd be running radar at night and some asshole would blow by you at warp 9, oblivious to the patrol car he just passed, all over the road, just idiotic drunk. He got in that condition legally.

My husband and I have discussed exactly this several times.

Even when I was in high school (the 70s) I felt much safer in a car driven by someone who was stoned than someone who was drunk. I understand that both are impaired but my experience showed that the drunk was much more reckless.

I don't consume either one but would much rather be around the stoned members of my family and their friends rather than in a room with a bunch of drunks.

Right. And which group gets in more fights? Consider All the police I know tell me that the war on drugs was lost many years ago. I don't smoke pot, but I don't care what other people do, as long as it doesn't affect me.