U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1
(18-08-2016 11:42 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband and I have discussed exactly this several times.

Even when I was in high school (the 70s) I felt much safer in a car driven by someone who was stoned than someone who was drunk. I understand that both are impaired but my experience showed that the drunk was much more reckless.

I don't consume either one but would much rather be around the stoned members of my family and their friends rather than in a room with a bunch of drunks.

Right. And which group gets in more fights? Consider All the police I know tell me that the war on drugs was lost many years ago. I don't smoke pot, but I don't care what other people do, as long as it doesn't affect me.

My husband is much easier to get along with when he has had a little of the herb. In fact, there have been times I have called one of my kids and requested a special delivery to save my sanity.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 11:54 AM
(18-08-2016 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Even when I was in high school (the 70s) I felt much safer in a car driven by someone who was stoned than someone who was drunk. I understand that both are impaired but my experience showed that the drunk was much more reckless.

I got a ticket for driving too slow.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I grew up in a pretty rough environment- not like the slums or urban areas where gangs prevail, but in west Texas if you couldn't fight you were labeled a pansy and ignored, at best. Ranch kids constantly liked to prove their "manliness". We all outgrew it, or most of us, but it's just the culture out there.
Then I spent my life doing things that put me in contact with...let's call them "less evolved" folks. Flying in depressed and violent parts of the world, working as a police officer, etc.

I have NEVER- not once, literally- been in a physical confrontation with a person who was stoned. Not JUST stoned, I mean. They're sitting on the couch while the rest of the fight goes on, saying "Dudes! Why all the hostility, bro?" and trying desperately to share their joint with you.

Coupled with the recent- and extremely compelling- medical research that shows marijuana to be not only harmless, but in some ways beneficial- even an anti carcinogen!- we really need to rethink our legal system as it pertains to the wacky weed.

The only con I see to mj use is that folks who overindulge seem to lose any personal motivations to succeed, to better themselves or their situation. That's pretty mild, and it really a symptom of abuse, not use. Alcohol abuse causes much worse than a lack of ambition!

Texas would be ready and willing to legalize, if it weren't for the Old Guard. I imagine that's the case in most states still criminalizing. What a stupid shame.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 12:16 PM
(18-08-2016 12:10 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  The only con I see to mj use is that folks who overindulge seem to lose any personal motivations to succeed, to better themselves or their situation. That's pretty mild, and it really a symptom of abuse, not use. Alcohol abuse causes much worse than a lack of ambition!

My husband and I met when we worked at the same company. The shop foreman told me one time that if he needed something to get done quickly he sent my now husband out and instructed him to get high.

To this day if there is a project that needs to be done around our home...let him take a couple hits and he will be the most focused and hard working guy around. He calls it his motivation.

Now back when he drank...what a jerk...I had to make a command decision on that...either liquor or the marriage. Alcohol, even a little bit, turned him into a mean, raging asshole of the first order.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-08-2016, 12:29 PM
(17-08-2016 10:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  One of the things I miss about being a theist is the ability to say that the people who promote this kind of propaganda, sacrificing the health and well-being of humans (and against all scientific evidence) in the name of profits should burn in hell.

Well they certainly SHOULD. It can be our little secret that they won't.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
18-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Quote:To this day if there is a project that needs to be done around our home...let him take a couple hits and he will be the most focused and hard working guy around. He calls it his motivation.

Oh yeah! I had to take a 30 year hiatus from any sort of...chemical recreation, as they frown on pilots and cops indulging, oddly enough, but in my younger days as well as now after retirement, I will admit that it really makes my guitar playing more creative and inspired, and projects take on a whole new aspect, possibilities that had not occurred to me before seem obvious.

But I was talking about abuse, very intelligent people who start the day with a toke and end it with a toke, and fill the between times with tokes. While the world does indeed need bus boys, I am not entirely convinced that some of these all-day users are making the decision to remain busboys...perhaps that decision is being made for them, by the giggle grass. I support their right to remain bus boys, provided it is really what they want and not a byproduct of intoxication.
18-08-2016, 01:03 PM
(18-08-2016 12:49 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  While the world does indeed need bus boys, I am not entirely convinced that some of these all-day users are making the decision to remain busboys...perhaps that decision is being made for them, by the giggle grass. I support their right to remain bus boys, provided it is really what they want and not a byproduct of intoxication.

And some of them become hackers making big money.

"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race." - John McAfee

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 01:07 PM
(18-08-2016 12:49 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:To this day if there is a project that needs to be done around our home...let him take a couple hits and he will be the most focused and hard working guy around. He calls it his motivation.

Oh yeah! I had to take a 30 year hiatus from any sort of...chemical recreation, as they frown on pilots and cops indulging, oddly enough, but in my younger days as well as now after retirement, I will admit that it really makes my guitar playing more creative and inspired, and projects take on a whole new aspect, possibilities that had not occurred to me before seem obvious.

But I was talking about abuse, very intelligent people who start the day with a toke and end it with a toke, and fill the between times with tokes. While the world does indeed need bus boys, I am not entirely convinced that some of these all-day users are making the decision to remain busboys...perhaps that decision is being made for them, by the giggle grass. I support their right to remain bus boys, provided it is really what they want and not a byproduct of intoxication.

I have bee smoking it since I was a teenager. Sometimes heavily, sometimes one toke or two near bed time only, sometimes not at all for years. And that is what is nice about it, it is not addictive. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and I most certainly wasn't a dishwasher. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2016, 01:15 PM
I don't care if it has medical uses or not. I'm tired of fighting the drug war from South America to Afghanistan.

That said, though I disagree with the government's stance, fuck anyone who purchases narcotics that come from a black market kept in place by assholes as bad as or worse than anything daesh has to offer. You share the blame for the murder, torture, and corruption surrounding it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-08-2016, 01:19 PM
(18-08-2016 12:49 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  

My older daughter and son-in-law do the wake and bake thing. And they are hitting every chance they get from then till they go to sleep. Somehow they both manage to stay employed at reasonable decent jobs.