U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 01:21 PM
RE: U.S. DEA: marijuana to remain schedule 1
Quote:I have bee smoking it since I was a teenager. Sometimes heavily, sometimes one toke or two near bed time only, sometimes not at all for years. And that is what is nice about it, it is not addictive. Take it or leave it.

See, that's pretty much what I'm trying to say, I guess...I see it like you do, I'd wager. But most of us know people who are literally never straight- they get so psychologically addicted- not to the drug itself, but to the escape it represents- that nothing else matters, as long as they are numb to whatever it is in their lives making them unhappy or dissatisfied.

And obviously, people react differently to drugs- I take enough opiates for chronic pain that most people would be zombies in my position. I don't feel anything but a reduction in pain. I can't even imagine how much norco it would take to get me high...and it is only partly a built tolerance- I have never really felt much euphoria from opiates. I know people who will spend a pleasant two hours feeling fantastic off of a single 10/325 norco...makes me jealous, lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race." - John McAfee

I have used that very concept to succeed in businesses I've owned. I have never been in the computer business, but I've owned flight schools and hotrod shops, primarily. When I first opened my current shop, for instance, there was a very successful shop about 15 miles away, with a good reputation. I struggled for a market share for about a year.

But the guy that owned that other shop was a super-religious anti-everything sort. He would get mechanics and fabricators applying that had that proverbial mohawk or piercings or just plain had weirdness oozing from every orifice. He would very rudely send them packing, throwing judgements at them as they left.

I couldn't possibly care less about that- I hired guys who had the skills I wanted, period. After about a year, this attitude of his started really hurting him- the more creative a person is, generally, the more...quirky, he is.

My crew developed into an awesome force, we have open table brainstorming sessions every day, anytime anyone calls one. I maintain an extreme open-door open-mind policy, there is no formality, and there is no time clock. Each employee has a job, and a timeline. As long as he completes the job within the timeline, I don't care if he's naked and riding a chicken.
Weirdness is rewarded. Outside the box thinking is rewarded. Try something crazy, fail, and have to start over- high five, it was an interesting idea.

The middle of the second year I was in business, the other shop closed it's doors. They had been open for 12 years.

I use the same formula with flight schools- I tend to hire the instructors other schools pass on, not because of ability but because of...oddness. These guys tend to be the best instructors, able to explain a new concept many different ways, not just parroting the textbook.

I think some companies like Google have learned this lesson. It seems so obvious- intelligent, creative people are going to balk at restrictions and boundaries...it's what makes them intelligent and creative! (Sort of chicken and egg there, but you get my point I think)
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
18-08-2016, 01:41 PM
(18-08-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 12:49 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  While the world does indeed need bus boys, I am not entirely convinced that some of these all-day users are making the decision to remain busboys...perhaps that decision is being made for them, by the giggle grass. I support their right to remain bus boys, provided it is really what they want and not a byproduct of intoxication.

And some of them become hackers making big money.

"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race." - John McAfee

I had a comic that I had cut out of somewhere years ago (like the late 90s) that was of a man telling someone to call IT because the computer was broken...he was saying, "Quick! Send me a young man with a ponytail and an earring!."

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 01:44 PM
(18-08-2016 01:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had a comic that I had cut out of somewhere years ago (like the late 90s) that was of a man telling someone to call IT because the computer was broken...he was saying, "Quick! Send me a young man with a ponytail and an earring!."

[Image: system.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2016, 01:51 PM
(18-08-2016 01:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 01:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had a comic that I had cut out of somewhere years ago (like the late 90s) that was of a man telling someone to call IT because the computer was broken...he was saying, "Quick! Send me a young man with a ponytail and an earring!."

[Image: system.jpg]

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-08-2016, 01:54 PM
(18-08-2016 01:21 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I have bee smoking it since I was a teenager. Sometimes heavily, sometimes one toke or two near bed time only, sometimes not at all for years. And that is what is nice about it, it is not addictive. Take it or leave it.

See, that's pretty much what I'm trying to say, I guess...I see it like you do, I'd wager. But most of us know people who are literally never straight- they get so psychologically addicted- not to the drug itself, but to the escape it represents- that nothing else matters, as long as they are numb to whatever it is in their lives making them unhappy or dissatisfied.

And obviously, people react differently to drugs- I take enough opiates for chronic pain that most people would be zombies in my position. I don't feel anything but a reduction in pain. I can't even imagine how much norco it would take to get me high...and it is only partly a built tolerance- I have never really felt much euphoria from opiates. I know people who will spend a pleasant two hours feeling fantastic off of a single 10/325 norco...makes me jealous, lol.

It's an individual thing. There were also times when I drank quite heavily, but I am not an alcoholic and when I got tired of partying I just stopped. Now I have some wine or beer with dinner, that's it. I enjoy it, but I never get drunk. (Who needs hangovers!)

In the late 60s, early 70s, I tried every drug available then, some extensively. Never got addicted to any of them. I can gamble, too, and walk away anytime.

But that doesn't mean I have a non-addictive personality - I struggled with nicotine all my life, since I was a teen.

My theory is that it's all about chemical balances in the body. Some of us find a drug that fills a spot. One of these decades we'll have a medical break through and addiction will be a thing of the past.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-08-2016, 02:03 PM
(18-08-2016 01:38 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:"And why do the best hackers on the planet not work for the FBI? Because the FBI will not hire anyone with a 24-inch purple mohawk, 10-gauge ear piercings, and a tattooed face who demands to smoke weed while working and won't work for less than a half-million dollars a year. But you bet your ass that the Chinese and Russians are hiring similar people with similar demands and have been for many years. It's why we are decades behind in the cyber race." - John McAfee

I have used that very concept to succeed in businesses I've owned. I have never been in the computer business, but I've owned flight schools and hotrod shops, primarily. When I first opened my current shop, for instance, there was a very successful shop about 15 miles away, with a good reputation. I struggled for a market share for about a year.

But the guy that owned that other shop was a super-religious anti-everything sort. He would get mechanics and fabricators applying that had that proverbial mohawk or piercings or just plain had weirdness oozing from every orifice. He would very rudely send them packing, throwing judgements at them as they left.

I couldn't possibly care less about that- I hired guys who had the skills I wanted, period. After about a year, this attitude of his started really hurting him- the more creative a person is, generally, the more...quirky, he is.

My crew developed into an awesome force, we have open table brainstorming sessions every day, anytime anyone calls one. I maintain an extreme open-door open-mind policy, there is no formality, and there is no time clock. Each employee has a job, and a timeline. As long as he completes the job within the timeline, I don't care if he's naked and riding a chicken.
Weirdness is rewarded. Outside the box thinking is rewarded. Try something crazy, fail, and have to start over- high five, it was an interesting idea.

The middle of the second year I was in business, the other shop closed it's doors. They had been open for 12 years.

I use the same formula with flight schools- I tend to hire the instructors other schools pass on, not because of ability but because of...oddness. These guys tend to be the best instructors, able to explain a new concept many different ways, not just parroting the textbook.

I think some companies like Google have learned this lesson. It seems so obvious- intelligent, creative people are going to balk at restrictions and boundaries...it's what makes them intelligent and creative! (Sort of chicken and egg there, but you get my point I think)

In my last business I hired people to work online from home. So, I had quite the motley crew when I brought them all together for meetings. One could not attend because he weighed 500+ pounds. But it was the best crew ever!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2016, 02:04 PM
(18-08-2016 01:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 01:21 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  See, that's pretty much what I'm trying to say, I guess...I see it like you do, I'd wager. But most of us know people who are literally never straight- they get so psychologically addicted- not to the drug itself, but to the escape it represents- that nothing else matters, as long as they are numb to whatever it is in their lives making them unhappy or dissatisfied.

It's an individual thing. There were also times when I drank quite heavily, but I am not an alcoholic and when I got tired of partying I just stopped. Now I have some wine or beer with dinner, that's it. I enjoy it, but I never get drunk. (Who needs hangovers!)

In the late 60s, early 70s, I tried every drug available then, some extensively. Never got addicted to any of them. I can gamble, too, and walk away anytime.

But that doesn't mean I have a non-addictive personality - I struggled with nicotine all my life, since I was a teen.

My theory is that it's all about chemical balances in the body. Some of us find a drug that fills a spot. One of these decades we'll have a medical break through and addiction will be a thing of the past.

I walked away from pot while still a teen...I didn't like how it made me feel. I hated what I felt was a loss of control. And we were probably smoking Iowana most of the time which caused terrible headaches for me.

In my 20s there were times when I drank a lot. But it really wasn't my thing either and other than a few flavors of after dinner type liquors (which have low alcohol content) I didn't really care for that either. I have never liked beer or wine...blech! Of course, the only wine I have ever tried could be bought with the change in your pocket.

Tried lots of other stuff too. Cocaine was probably the one that had the hardest hold on me but it almost more of the lifestyle than the drug itself, I think. I walked away from that when I was ready to move on. I tried it once again many years later and couldn't figure out why I had like it so much when I was younger...just didn't do it for me.

I do have a drug of choice...been my preferred since I was 18 and took it for the first time...the magic elixir for me. And I know I need to stay away from it.

Nicotine also a rough one.

So, yeah, I agree that there are different things that work for each of us.

Hell, I don't like coffee...heretic that I am. I know plenty of people who can't function without it. Just not my thing.

But just try to take my BC powder away from me and I will cut you! Censored

18-08-2016, 02:29 PM
You don't like coffee!?!

Oh, Anj, we can't be friends anymore...

Weeping

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-08-2016, 02:44 PM
(18-08-2016 01:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't care if it has medical uses or not. I'm tired of fighting the drug war from South America to Afghanistan.

That said, though I disagree with the government's stance, fuck anyone who purchases narcotics that come from a black market kept in place by assholes as bad as or worse than anything daesh has to offer. You share the blame for the murder, torture, and corruption surrounding it.

Abalutey! THIS is EXACTLY why I think drugs should be legalized. Bad as the gov is about waste, at least they won't be killing people over control of the distribution. That, and the purity would be better controlled.