U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.
(04-12-2012 05:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Oh wait, only crazy people ask for evidence, anywho are you guys atheists?
What does asking for evidence have to do with sanity or insanity or atheism? You make no sense. Are you implying that all atheists should ask for evidence lest they be kicked out of atheist club? That's just silly. You're too smart for that.

OK, maybe skeptics generally ask for evidence. Maybe many atheists are also skeptics. But let's not assume that all atheists must ask for evidence. That just makes an ass out of you.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM
(04-12-2012 05:33 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Oh wait, only crazy people ask for evidence, anywho are you guys atheists?
What does asking for evidence have to do with sanity or insanity or atheism? You make no sense. Are you implying that all atheists should ask for evidence lest they be kicked out of atheist club? That's just silly. You're too smart for that.

OK, maybe skeptics generally ask for evidence. Maybe many atheists are also skeptics. But let's not assume that all atheists must ask for evidence. That just makes an ass out of you.
anyone who says or implies that "if x says it, it must be true and I trust it" that line of thinking means one is a dumb mother fucker.

Now why do you not need evidence that the unicorn bit was ever reported in North Korea?
04-12-2012, 06:08 PM
(04-12-2012 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:33 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What does asking for evidence have to do with sanity or insanity or atheism? You make no sense. Are you implying that all atheists should ask for evidence lest they be kicked out of atheist club? That's just silly. You're too smart for that.

anyone who says or implies that "if x says it, it must be true and I trust it" that line of thinking means one is a dumb mother fucker.

Now why do you not need evidence that the unicorn bit was ever reported in North Korea?
Jesus H. Fucking Christ, why do you keep ignoring the fact that it was reported by NK?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
(04-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  anyone who says or implies that "if x says it, it must be true and I trust it" that line of thinking means one is a dumb mother fucker.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ, why do you keep ignoring the fact that it was reported by NK?
It wasn't reported by North Korea, it was reported by U.S. news, this is how you found out about the Unicorn Lair....from U.S. news.
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 07:08 PM by Chas.)
(04-12-2012 06:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus H. Fucking Christ, why do you keep ignoring the fact that it was reported by NK?
It wasn't reported by North Korea, it was reported by U.S. news, this is how you found out about the Unicorn Lair....from U.S. news.
Which got it from NK.

Am I missing your point? The news value is that NK reported this as fact. That makes it newsworthy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 07:04 PM
U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.
(04-12-2012 06:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Jesus H. Fucking Christ, why do you keep ignoring the fact that it was reported by NK?

No. I found it because you brought it up.

I then Googled it and read the story from the Daily Telegraph. But I guess since the story was in English, they must have picked it up from a US news source.

I then found it on the link that Aseptic provided us to the NK news agency. I guess you didn't see his link that shows the story came from somewhere other than the US because you haven't given up your little fantasy yet.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
04-12-2012, 08:29 PM
(04-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  anyone who says or implies that "if x says it, it must be true and I trust it" that line of thinking means one is a dumb mother fucker.

He's trolling ya old chumb.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Why am I envisioning a mythical unicorn stabbing a mythical troll with its horn.

This thread has bad magic in it. No
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
(04-12-2012 08:37 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Why am I envisioning a mythical unicorn stabbing a mythical troll with its horn.

This thread has bad magic in it. No
By nature a unicorn and a troll are mythical and thus do not need to be stated as "mythical".

And besides, trolls are large creatures that live in and around swamps (and under bridges) that can only be killed with the use of fire or acid on their bodies. A unicorn is a very wise and graceful creature and thus would know the regenerating qualities of the troll and would not risk its life attacking the troll when it is a much faster creature and can simply out-run it.
Unicorns are also gentle creatures and would not go looking for trolls to attack.

gezz you people need to play more role playing video games... The lack of knowledge on this forum is disturbing.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I'll bet this means a drastic price drop in unicorn meat! Horay!! Stock up while it's cheap suckas!
[Image: 9d6832291ace8e797cec7c6913538992.jpg]

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post