U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 03:12 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
RE: U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.
(03-12-2012 02:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  The video you linked says the North Korean "state" news agency reported that the lair was found in Pyongyang, the capital. Short of importing and reading the state news directly from Korea, in the original Korean, that seems relatively verified - I'll take it on "faith" that the guys/gals on your link vetted their report well enough that they're not just making up the part about Pyongyang or what their source is. At least until they print an official retraction.
Why would North Korea have to print a retraction? Would it now matter if they did? The point is, if someone goes around with a bullhorn and makes a claim, the people hearing it are already affected and someone trying to argue against it won't have the same affect as the initial claim. This is a common tactic, making up shit to slander another country....maybe the unicorn lair is next to Iran and Iraq's WMD's......

Drinking Beverage
You misunderstood me. Or I was unclear.

NBC's Michelle Kosinski is not reporting that a unicorn lair was found, or is real. She is merely reporting that another news source, whatever the "Korean state news" is, reported the finding of a unicorn lair in Pyongyang. I was saying that I will take it on faith that NBC's Michelle Kosinski properly vetted her source and got details of the story correct, such as Pyongyang, and therefore there really is a news source in Korea that reported this story. That's what I'm taking on faith and that I will continue taking it on faith that NBC's reporting of this story is accurate until NBC prints a retraction, which would mean that NBC screwed up and are admitting it. If NBC never prints a retraction, then I'll take it on faith, forever, that this story us true, that a Korean news source really did report this.

That doesn't mean I think there really is a unicorn lair, or that I think there really were unicorns. Nor does it mean that I think the Korean news source will print a retraction; I'm quite sure they won't.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
03-12-2012, 03:02 PM
(03-12-2012 02:14 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:07 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Wow! I bet next week Kim's son will have found the end of a Rainbow! Things are so peachy there.
Actually it wasn't North Korea that reported the Unicorn thing, I posted the U.S. report of it.

I haven't seen anything yet to verify if North Korea has reported on the Unicorn thing.

I am glad we live in a country where we get important news.....
Actually I was commenting on finding the end of a Rainbow. But I change that to a double Rainbow. This US citizen is already on it. He is searching for the truth.

PS US reports on what Lindsay Lohan is doing on the weekends. You are surprised there is a reporting that looks like this? If this is true, if Korea has done this, it IS news. If they haven't, then it's flippin' entertaining. Either way, I'm not going to hold my breath over it like you are.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
(03-12-2012 02:57 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why would North Korea have to print a retraction? Would it now matter if they did? The point is, if someone goes around with a bullhorn and makes a claim, the people hearing it are already affected and someone trying to argue against it won't have the same affect as the initial claim. This is a common tactic, making up shit to slander another country....maybe the unicorn lair is next to Iran and Iraq's WMD's......

Drinking Beverage
You misunderstood me. Or I was unclear.

NBC's Michelle Kosinski is not reporting that a unicorn lair was found, or is real. She is merely reporting that another news source, whatever the "Korean state news" is, reported the finding of a unicorn lair in Pyongyang. I was saying that I will take it on faith that NBC's Michelle Kosinski properly vetted her source and got details of the story correct, such as Pyongyang, and therefore there really is a news source in Korea that reported this story. That's what I'm taking on faith and that I will continue taking it on faith that NBC's reporting of this story is accurate until NBC prints a retraction, which would mean that NBC screwed up and are admitting it. If NBC never prints a retraction, then I'll take it on faith, forever, that this story us true, that a Korean news source really did report this.

That doesn't mean I think there really is a unicorn lair, or that I think there really were unicorns. Nor does it mean that I think the Korean news source will print a retraction; I'm quite sure they won't.
So it's up to North Korea to prove that it didn't find a unicorn lair? Are you the least bit curious as to where this was reported in North Korea? if it was on their tv news then where is the video?
03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Meanwhile, in Canadian news...

[Image: 47892_o.gif]

I'm holding my breath to see how this turns out.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Couldn't find a video. Did you know you can't find a whole hell of a lot of North Korean State News Agency videos?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_North_Korea

But I did find this photo taken on the scene.
[Image: article-unicorn-1203.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
(03-12-2012 03:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Couldn't find a video. Did you know you can't find a whole hell of a lot of North Korean State News Agency videos?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_North_Korea

But I did find this photo taken on the scene.
[Image: article-unicorn-1203.jpg]
That is the unicorn that Lil Kim rode to heaven on.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
04-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Unicorns don't live in lairs, they live in groves...
Who the fuck has ever herd of a unicorn lair? I mean WTF is that shit!!?? What is this some kind of devil unicorn sent from the firey pits of hell to feast on my soul? Fuck off...

fucking morons...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
04-12-2012, 10:01 AM
(03-12-2012 03:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 02:57 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You misunderstood me. Or I was unclear.

So it's up to North Korea to prove that it didn't find a unicorn lair? Are you the least bit curious as to where this was reported in North Korea? if it was on their tv news then where is the video?
Really? Are you trolling at this point? Because I didn't say anything about it being up to North Korea to prove anything at all.

What I said was that I'll assume NBC did their due diligence and vetted the story before reporting it. That's assumption is good enough for me. I never said that anybody needs to prove anything. How did you get from that statement that I expect North Korea to prove anything?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
(04-12-2012 10:01 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 03:15 PM)I and I Wrote:  So it's up to North Korea to prove that it didn't find a unicorn lair? Are you the least bit curious as to where this was reported in North Korea? if it was on their tv news then where is the video?
Really? Are you trolling at this point? Because I didn't say anything about it being up to North Korea to prove anything at all.

What I said was that I'll assume NBC did their due diligence and vetted the story before reporting it. That's assumption is good enough for me. I never said that anybody needs to prove anything. How did you get from that statement that I expect North Korea to prove anything?
So ONLY because words came out of the mouth of someone on a corporate controlled media, that is all you need to satisfy you as to whether or not it's true?

WOW

I am glad we in the west aren't brainwashed and can think for ourselves and choose whether or not we want to believe something.....oh wait
04-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Ah, so yes, you are trolling. Or completely off your rocker. Either way, moving on...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "State ran" news I and I 24 699 10-09-2013 05:22 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Very bad news for Republicans (but great news for everyone else) Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 62 1,438 03-08-2013 03:14 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Jerusalem bases news site DEBKA FILE I and I 45 1,413 01-05-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: I and I
Thumbs Down BBC reports: possibly not a terrorist attack, but a dispute over growing beards HU.Junyuan 11 679 01-05-2013 12:14 AM
  Former guantanamo bay camp trainee found to be involved with Alqaeda. I and I 1 177 15-04-2013 11:12 AM
  Fox News, is it comedy? ELK12695 17 839 22-03-2013 10:41 AM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  My story for The Onion News. Koch Brothers buying up Counties. Denicio 8 821 08-11-2012 05:07 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight