U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: U.S. News reports that a unicorn lair has been found.
(04-12-2012 10:14 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Ah, so yes, you are trolling. Or completely off your rocker. Either way, moving on...
Of course, not believing everything the corporate controlled media says is what crazy people do. As opposed to sane people that just believe things without questioning them.

Drinking Beverage

The report on Korea supposedly claiming of finding unicorn lairs is obviously a story that is made up and designed to make people laugh at North Korea.

I remember the fun event of watching a people that cried for a child molesting pop singer then turn around and point the finger at North Korean people for crying for the death of lil kim.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2012, 10:50 AM
(04-12-2012 10:28 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 10:14 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Ah, so yes, you are trolling. Or completely off your rocker. Either way, moving on...
Of course, not believing everything the corporate controlled media says is what crazy people do. As opposed to sane people that just believe things without questioning them.

Drinking Beverage

The report on Korea supposedly claiming of finding unicorn lairs is obviously a story that is made up and designed to make people laugh at North Korea.

I remember the fun event of watching a people that cried for a child molesting pop singer then turn around and point the finger at North Korean people for crying for the death of lil kim.

I should have moved on, but this is like a nasty accident on the freeway; I am compelled to slow down and take a look, just like everyone else.

Did you say this is "obviously" a made up story. "Obviously"?

Yep, you did. See, it's right here. I quoted you.

I know this is opening a can of bees, but I as I said, I'm compelled. So, uh, care to clarify how you concluded that it's "obvious"? Which is more likely, a state-run media source in a seclusive totalitarian country that doesn't share inside info with the outside world reported a stupid story to aggrandize themselves but we in the outside world don't have easy access to this media outlet, or NBC, a reputable media source that takes great pains to make sure it has valid, reliable sources for EVERYTHING it reports, decided to make up some bullshit this one time to make us laugh at a country that NBC doesn't even care about?

Sure the media is "corporate controlled". Everything is. That's not even a bad thing. Corporations drive our economy, provide jobs, etc. Corporations are the ultimate achievement of what the United States is founded upon: Free Enterprise. (among other good ideals). Without corporations, there would be no media.

Guess what? The news agencies in North Korea are "corporate controlled". And "government controlled". So why do you automatically assume that their media is more reliable than our media? Why is NBC the villain here? It seems that the North Korean media is at least equally likely to make up a bullshit story for their own "corporate controlled" reasons as NBC is, and even probably more likely because North Korea has a "government controlling" vested interest in everything that media reports.

In the U.S., media outlets like NBC have watchdogs. If they fabricate outright lies, they get caught and publicly humiliated for it. Do it a few times, and their credibility sinks so low (comparatively) that their audience abandons them in favor of a less dubious media outlet. That costs them money. Billions. Puts them out of business. They are financially motivated to be as honest as they can. That's actually a benefit to you and me that is directly a product of their being "corporate controlled" - corporations are in it for the money so they avoid doing things that cost them money. Media outlets that make up outright bullshit "for laughs" will not make money. Sure, they put slants on the news. Sure, they might choose not to report some things while focusing too heavily on other things, all for political and/or corporate reasons. But when they report something, they don't make it up. It's bad for business?

Are you one of those conspiracy theory idiots that believes everybody and everything in your country is out to get you, to control you, ruin you, destroy you, but everything that opposes the ideology of your country is all sunshine and roses? Yeah, that's how the world works.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
(04-12-2012 10:50 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 10:28 AM)I and I Wrote:  Of course, not believing everything the corporate controlled media says is what crazy people do. As opposed to sane people that just believe things without questioning them.

Drinking Beverage

I should have moved on, but this is like a nasty accident on the freeway; I am compelled to slow down and take a look, just like everyone else.

Did you say this is "obviously" a made up story. "Obviously"?

Yep, you did. See, it's right here. I quoted you.

I know this is opening a can of bees, but I as I said, I'm compelled. So, uh, care to clarify how you concluded that it's "obvious"? Which is more likely, a state-run media source in a seclusive totalitarian country that doesn't share inside info with the outside world reported a stupid story to aggrandize themselves but we in the outside world don't have easy access to this media outlet, or NBC, a reputable media source that takes great pains to make sure it has valid, reliable sources for EVERYTHING it reports, decided to make up some bullshit this one time to make us laugh at a country that NBC doesn't even care about?

Sure the media is "corporate controlled". Everything is. That's not even a bad thing. Corporations drive our economy, provide jobs, etc. Corporations are the ultimate achievement of what the United States is founded upon: Free Enterprise. (among other good ideals). Without corporations, there would be no media.

Guess what? The news agencies in North Korea are "corporate controlled". And "government controlled". So why do you automatically assume that their media is more reliable than our media? Why is NBC the villain here? It seems that the North Korean media is at least equally likely to make up a bullshit story for their own "corporate controlled" reasons as NBC is, and even probably more likely because North Korea has a "government controlling" vested interest in everything that media reports.

In the U.S., media outlets like NBC have watchdogs. If they fabricate outright lies, they get caught and publicly humiliated for it. Do it a few times, and their credibility sinks so low (comparatively) that their audience abandons them in favor of a less dubious media outlet. That costs them money. Billions. Puts them out of business. They are financially motivated to be as honest as they can. That's actually a benefit to you and me that is directly a product of their being "corporate controlled" - corporations are in it for the money so they avoid doing things that cost them money. Media outlets that make up outright bullshit "for laughs" will not make money. Sure, they put slants on the news. Sure, they might choose not to report some things while focusing too heavily on other things, all for political and/or corporate reasons. But when they report something, they don't make it up. It's bad for business?

Are you one of those conspiracy theory idiots that believes everybody and everything in your country is out to get you, to control you, ruin you, destroy you, but everything that opposes the ideology of your country is all sunshine and roses? Yeah, that's how the world works.
you don't get it. I am claiming that this was never a news item in North Korea. The story I posted a link to was american news claiming that North Korean news claimed to find a unicorn lair.

Is there any evidence that this was ever a news item in North Korea?

The method is simple: make shit up to make another group of people look stupid, murderous, etc etc.

Did you really just say that NBC makes sure to check it's sources? Did you really just type that? How old are you? How old were you in 2003 when the corporate news was creaming their panties about WMD's in Iraq?
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Here you go.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

And as for the WMD's in Iraq, I didn't say that everything ever printed in all media is true - sometimes the best info that media has can be false or inaccurate. Every military and government official was saying there were WMDs in Iraq, and the media reported what those guys were saying. Those guys really said it. The fact that those guys said it was, well, factual. The media reported what they factually said. Those guys turned out to be wrong, but that doesn't mean the media didn't try to get the best factual statements from the best sources available to them at the time.

It wasn't the media that made up the WMD bullshit. It was the government who either made it up or just got their intel wrong, or both, and then actually reported it to the media as facts - facts that turned out to be wrong through no fault of the media itself.

So point your conspiracy radar at the government responsible for the WMD misinformation, but blaming the media for reporting things the government actually said is rather silly.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
(03-12-2012 03:02 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Actually I was commenting on finding the end of a Rainbow. But I change that to a double Rainbow. This US citizen is already on it. He is searching for the truth.

"The Rainbow Rays knocked me down!"

If only we could harness this power to be used on the battlefield!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
(04-12-2012 10:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  Is there any evidence that this was ever a news item in North Korea?
Yes. It was reported by the Korean State News Agency (Corporate Media) as a probable propaganda piece by a COMMUNIST country. Drinking Beverage

http://news.yahoo.com/real-story-north-k...04830.html

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
(03-12-2012 03:22 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Meanwhile, in Canadian news...

[Image: 47892_o.gif]

I'm holding my breath to see how this turns out.
Also in Canadian news. ;D

[Image: funny-pictures-canadian-cats-are-nice-to...jpg?41ed4f]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
04-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Breaking News:

I and I spotted at a local park.

[Image: tinfoil-hat.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I posted a video of an american news agency reporting of a unicorn lair found.

I have yet to see any evidence that any other country reported on this.

Oh wait, only crazy people ask for evidence, anywho are you guys atheists?
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Scroll up. I provided the link to the North Korean news agency. Took me all of 5 minutes to validate, once I stopped arguing with you.

But, I just checked my link at it only goes to their home page. What's more, when I drill down to the actual article, the link doesn't change, so I can't post a direct link to the article. So here's what you do:

1. Right after your recto-cranial extraction, go to this link: http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm
2. Click "Past News" up near the top of the page
3. On the Calendar, click the November 29th date
4. Find "Lair of King Tongmyong's Unicorn Reconfirmed in DPRK" It's really close to the middle of the list. Click it.
5. Read.

Or you can click the link in Step #4, but it gives an unsourced HTML page that you won't believe anyway, so stick with entire set of instructions, so you can take comfort in KCNA's logo on the page. Unless that's another part of NBC's evil hoax?

[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "State ran" news I and I 24 694 10-09-2013 05:22 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Very bad news for Republicans (but great news for everyone else) Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 62 1,437 03-08-2013 03:14 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Jerusalem bases news site DEBKA FILE I and I 45 1,401 01-05-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: I and I
Thumbs Down BBC reports: possibly not a terrorist attack, but a dispute over growing beards HU.Junyuan 11 669 01-05-2013 12:14 AM
  Former guantanamo bay camp trainee found to be involved with Alqaeda. I and I 1 177 15-04-2013 11:12 AM
  Fox News, is it comedy? ELK12695 17 829 22-03-2013 10:41 AM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  My story for The Onion News. Koch Brothers buying up Counties. Denicio 8 818 08-11-2012 05:07 PM
Last Post: TheBlackKnight