U.S. Pres: Do republicans have a chance?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: U.S. Pres: Do republicans have a chance?
(13-11-2015 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 04:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Consider this:

Consider this:
Democrats Still Have a Big Advantage in the Electoral College
Absolutely. That's what my post was about. Democrats will most likely win the presidency because that's all they focus on.

Meanwhile, republicans are mopping the floor across the country in state senate races, governor positions, mayor races, and U.S. house and senate seats.

Having a Democrat as president does nothing for democrats if the only thing they have is the white house.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2015, 06:31 PM
(13-11-2015 05:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 05:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Consider this:
Democrats Still Have a Big Advantage in the Electoral College
Absolutely. That's what my post was about. Democrats will most likely win the presidency because that's all they focus on.

Meanwhile, republicans are mopping the floor across the country in state senate races, governor positions, mayor races, and U.S. house and senate seats.

Having a Democrat as president does nothing for democrats if the only thing they have is the white house.

I don't agree with your assertion. Massachusetts has a Democratic governor and a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate.
In the U.S. Senate, it has two Democrats. In the U.S. House of Representatives, it has 9 Democrats and 0 Republicans.

Every election is hard fought by both parties.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2015, 06:37 PM
(13-11-2015 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 05:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Absolutely. That's what my post was about. Democrats will most likely win the presidency because that's all they focus on.

I don't agree with your assertion. Massachusetts has a Democratic governor and a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate.
In the U.S. Senate, it has two Democrats. In the U.S. House of Representatives, it has 9 Democrats and 0 Republicans.

But only 7 states have such Democrat majorities. 25 states have Republican majorities at the state level. The same 7 states are always Democrat. The rest are slowly changing to red. The dems have lost over 900 state seats.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-11-2015, 06:41 PM
(13-11-2015 06:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't agree with your assertion. Massachusetts has a Democratic governor and a Democratic House and a Democratic Senate.

But only 7 states have such Democrat majorities. 25 states have Republican majorities at the state level. The same 7 states are always Democrat. The rest are slowly changing to red. The dems have lost over 900 state seats.

In this modern current political set-up. Whoever has the Presidency has the base opposite "party" riled up to unite against that president and make sure it has as good of a representation base as it can, because running that, things are bad because THAT guy in charge is so easy.

If there is a R in the presidency in 2016, the Republican party strength in most of the mixed climate ranges will dwindle pretty quickly by 2018.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-11-2015, 06:59 PM
U.S. Pres: Do republicans have a chance?
I didn't think Obama had a chance but boy was I wrong. I think Trump is going to pull it off and win it. Why not give the load mouth a chance? He would be entertaining if nothing else.
13-11-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 07:08 PM by Adrianime.)
(13-11-2015 06:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I didn't think Obama had a chance but boy was I wrong. I think Trump is going to pull it off and win it. Why not give the load mouth a chance? He would be entertaining if nothing else.
Putting a blind man in the driver's seat of my car is not my idea of "entertaining".

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-11-2015, 07:13 PM
(13-11-2015 07:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 06:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I didn't think Obama had a chance but boy was I wrong. I think Trump is going to pull it off and win it. Why not give the load mouth a chance? He would be entertaining if nothing else.
Putting a blind man in the driver's seat of my car is not my idea of "entertaining".

trump>shillary

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I have no faith that America wont vote Trump into power.
Lets just leave it at that.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-11-2015, 07:21 PM
That's all we need. Americans voting yet another lunatic into power. Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-11-2015, 07:26 PM
(13-11-2015 07:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-11-2015 07:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Putting a blind man in the driver's seat of my car is not my idea of "entertaining".

trump>shillary
Why?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.