U.S. military and it's past interventions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: U.S. military and it's past interventions.
(07-12-2012 09:28 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your analysis of the utility of a carrier group is incomplete, and therefore mistaken.

There is, first, the matter of re-arming the aircraft. Refueling aircraft is not enough.

Second, the matter of the tempo of the airstrikes. The turn-around time for the aircraft and pilots is much faster from the nearby aircraft carrier than from some distant airbase.

Third, there may be no airbase within a useful distance. You need to consider pilot fatigue.

Fourth, the initial response time is hugely faster from the carrier than from a distant airbase.

Does it stop WWIII?
What the fuck does that have to do with the discussion?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-12-2012, 06:33 PM
(08-12-2012 05:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 09:28 PM)Janus Wrote:  Does it stop WWIII?
What the fuck does that have to do with the discussion?

What not?
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 02:15 AM
(08-12-2012 06:40 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 10:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The Navy's projection of power is not what is causing our massive deficit either. It's expensive, but not compared to the cost of our ground forces, and air force.

What the fuck does it matter which is more expensive? The Navy? The Army? The Airforce? The Marines? The point is that 90% of those 15 TRILLION bucks that America owes have been squandered on the Pentagon by Dubya and his neocons. And the rest on bailing out the criminal banking system.

And that 15 TRILLION deficit remains. It will take the US 3 centuries to pay off that debt. 3 Centuries of poverty, misery, and squalor for the next 10 generations of Americans...

Oh, thank you, thank you, great 'leader of the free world'! That's what we've always wanted...
So the objection is now purely a financial one then? Okay, but if you're going to spout out figures like 90%, I am going to need more than your good word to buy into it. Yes, we spend way to much on defense, but 90% of our deficit? I don't think so. Also you place the majority of the blame on W., but the current Commander in Chief is out pacing him, and I don't think you'd call Obama a neo-con would you? I am going to go ahead and respond to the rebuttal that "Yeah, Obama had to because W. started it". That argument is bullshit. If DL was elected to office (not that I would seek it) we would've been home within 6 months, instead of the current timeline (which will undoubtedly get pushed back) of 2014, bringing us to a total of 6 years after he was elected to office. Obama has dropped more bombs and killed more people that was under Bush. Don't get me wrong, ole' W. was shit, but he is responsible for a minority (though a large chunk) of the deficit. Democrats and neo-cons both share the blame in this fiasco.

10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Janus

If you aren't repeating shit that is spoon fed to them by big papa corporate media then all of your attempts at providing evidence will never be good enough for them to convince them and there is a reason for this.

You see, that bullshit that the corporate spoon feeds them and tickles their asshole with that they base their beliefs on.....it isn't a fact based belief. Their belief in the corporate media isn't based on facts because they NEVER question corporate media. It's like trying to argue with a religious person by using facts then coming to the realization....oh yeah their belief in x isn't due to facts anyway. The people here LOVE, FUCKING LOVE the corporate media and their love for it is not based on facts because they never require or demand the statements by corporate media to need facts to be believed, again because their belief in corporate media isn't based on a logical factual framework.
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
According to the stupid joke of human beings that mostly make up this forum the U.S. loves freedom and just wants to spread good ole freedom.

Now in that evil non U.S. corporate media that of course is never believed because it wasn't given to the stupid people by way of Uncle Sam suppository, there is a report now that the people that the U.S. is funding and arming in Syria, besides car bombs, kidnappings and assassination attempts has now posted a video of an alqaeda kid (yeah you read that correctly..A KID) beheading some dude that the NATO backed Alqaeda forces captured.

So much freedom the U.S. is spreading sometimes it makes you lose your head.... Drinking Beverage

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/12/10/...-prisoner/
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
(10-12-2012 02:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  Janus

If you aren't repeating shit that is spoon fed to them by big papa corporate media then all of your attempts at providing evidence will never be good enough for them to convince them and there is a reason for this.

You see, that bullshit that the corporate spoon feeds them and tickles their asshole with that they base their beliefs on.....it isn't a fact based belief. Their belief in the corporate media isn't based on facts because they NEVER question corporate media. It's like trying to argue with a religious person by using facts then coming to the realization....oh yeah their belief in x isn't due to facts anyway. The people here LOVE, FUCKING LOVE the corporate media and their love for it is not based on facts because they never require or demand the statements by corporate media to need facts to be believed, again because their belief in corporate media isn't based on a logical factual framework.
Ladies and gentlemen. I believe I have discovered a new species. I shall name it the Stupidium Ignoramus Arroganus Argumentum Ad Nauseum.
Or, the layman's name, Stupid Arrogant Dick Fart.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
(10-12-2012 02:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  According to the stupid joke of human beings that mostly make up this forum the U.S. loves freedom and just wants to spread good ole freedom.

Now in that evil non U.S. corporate media that of course is never believed because it wasn't given to the stupid people by way of Uncle Sam suppository, there is a report now that the people that the U.S. is funding and arming in Syria, besides car bombs, kidnappings and assassination attempts has now posted a video of an alqaeda kid (yeah you read that correctly..A KID) beheading some dude that the NATO backed Alqaeda forces captured.

So much freedom the U.S. is spreading sometimes it makes you lose your head.... Drinking Beverage

I think you are falsely fabricating our view in an effort to display your far left extremity. Nothing we have said has indicated we believe the United States is interested in spreading freedom.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
(08-12-2012 07:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 06:40 AM)Janus Wrote:  What the fuck does it matter which is more expensive? The Navy? The Army? The Airforce? The Marines? The point is that 90% of those 15 TRILLION bucks that America owes have been squandered on the Pentagon by Dubya and his neocons. And the rest on bailing out the criminal banking system.

And that 15 TRILLION deficit remains. It will take the US 3 centuries to pay off that debt. 3 Centuries of poverty, misery, and squalor for the next 10 generations of Americans...

Oh, thank you, thank you, great 'leader of the free world'! That's what we've always wanted...

Why 300 years?

'Cuz 15 TRILLION bucks is a shitload of money they owe. And still hemorraging at 1,2 TRILLION a year, just servicing the debt and the toys.
10-12-2012, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 02:18 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(10-12-2012 02:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 02:49 PM)I and I Wrote:  According to the stupid joke of human beings that mostly make up this forum the U.S. loves freedom and just wants to spread good ole freedom.

I think you are falsely fabricating our view in an effort to display your far left extremity. Nothing we have said has indicated we believe the United States is interested in spreading freedom.
Of course, in order for his utopian delusions to survive, all opposing arguments must be strawmen. He was sold an ideology and he fell for it, the same way many have fallen for the bullshit ideology espoused by over-optimistic capitalism. He is the antithesis of the blind capitalist: the blind communist. Both are guilty of the same crime: ignorance.

I've lost count of how many times we've tried explaining how we aren't actually capitalist apologists but are instead looking at a bigger picture. All forms of government that have existed so far have committed similar atrocities, regardless of what bullshit ideology they sell you, throughout history, the only difference has been in terms of degrees and scale. We attribute this to human error, not the system itself. Not that systems don't have their own unique problems, they do, but there are basic traits and acts of oppression that are applied across the board.

He has coddled his illusion that communist regimes haven't fallen under the same problems humanity has faced throughout history. We've disputed him on this, and he incorrectly labels that as defending capitalism as being free from faults. It's complete bullshit, but it's necessary for his pipe dream to survive. We want the system to change in a rational way, not to be replaced by simply another extremist version of oppression that doesn't actually solve the issues it sets out to solve, but only makes them worse. He won't understand the difference though because he enjoys his little fantasy, and it requires distorting and conflating the viewpoints of others to perpetuate.

No shit the US isn't a vector for spreading freedom or democracy, he just doesn't realize governments under his preferred ideology are even more full of bullshit than ours is. They are guilty of similar faults.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post