U.S. military overthrows Egyptian president.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2013, 12:57 AM
RE: U.S. military overthrows Egyptian president.
It seems not everybody has the ability to read. The Egyptian military has taken their president into custody, because he did not want to respect the 48 hour deadline they gave him to start talking and changing things. They have given the power to the Chairman of the Constitutional Court, or whatever do you call that position in USA. As far as I see it, people demanded that the extremist Muslim president be removed, he refused, they started protesting and the military decided to take the peoples side.

Good job I&I, you really covered this story perfectly.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Should you ever wonder why you presence is not generally welcome, refer back to this thread.

04-07-2013, 02:18 AM
(04-07-2013 01:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Should you ever wonder why you presence is not generally welcome, refer back to this thread.

Was this intended for me or I&I?

Consider

-Hunter S. Thompson
04-07-2013, 05:01 AM
I&I - a suggestion on post structure: Consider posting the facts as you know them in as unbiased fashion as you can manage. Then, describe your reaction to those facts. Describe your opinion of the people involved. Describe you feelings - who do you empathise with, and who do you not empathise with? Who do you think is in the wrong, and who is in the right? Explain your reasoning. How do you justify your opinions on the matter?

The OP to this thread is unclear. It isn't clear whether you are stating facts or opinion. It isn't clear who you empathise with and who you don't. It isn't clear who you think is in the wrong and who in the right. Your reasoning is missing. It isn't clear what happened, what you think about what happened, or why you think what you think. There's no information to agree or disagree with. There is very little opportunity for people to engage with the conversation.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-07-2013, 05:40 AM
(04-07-2013 05:01 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I&I - a suggestion on post structure: Consider posting the facts as you know them in as unbiased fashion as you can manage. Then, describe your reaction to those facts. Describe your opinion of the people involved. Describe you feelings - who do you empathise with, and who do you not empathise with? Who do you think is in the wrong, and who is in the right? Explain your reasoning. How do you justify your opinions on the matter?

The OP to this thread is unclear. It isn't clear whether you are stating facts or opinion. It isn't clear who you empathise with and who you don't. It isn't clear who you think is in the wrong and who in the right. Your reasoning is missing. It isn't clear what happened, what you think about what happened, or why you think what you think. There's no information to agree or disagree with. There is very little opportunity for people to engage with the conversation.

Man, don't even bother, we told him that times and times again, but he seems to be set on his own path.

-Hunter S. Thompson
04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
U.S. military overthrows Egyptian president.
Am I the only one here heard of military coups?

The Egyptian military has for decades got most of its funding from the U.S. especially under Mubarek. During the first coup the mitary just had to stand down and let the people overthrow Mubarek, and after this they didn't want to give up power to an older dinosaur of a western sponsored group known as the Muslim brotherhood. Now it is obvious that the Egyptian military that has been the power base for the west in Egypt, is and will control the shots.

Remember when springs used to be called western backed military coups?
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
I would hazard a guess that the over all mind set will ensure that the same thing will result again till something even worse eventuates.Confused
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
(04-07-2013 04:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Am I the only one here heard of military coups?

Is it in any way similar to a chicken coop?

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
04-07-2013, 06:43 PM
(04-07-2013 05:26 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 04:30 PM)I and I Wrote:  Am I the only one here heard of military coups?

Is it in any way similar to a chicken coop?

In that it is usually full of shit, yes. Big Grin

05-07-2013, 04:05 AM

The Egyptian military has for decades got most of its funding from the U.S. especially under Mubarek. During the first coup the mitary just had to stand down and let the people overthrow Mubarek, and after this they didn't want to give up power to an older dinosaur of a western sponsored group known as the Muslim brotherhood. Now it is obvious that the Egyptian military that has been the power base for the west in Egypt, is and will control the shots.

Remember when springs used to be called western backed military coups?

Yeah, this was a military coup, so what? Everything was arranged by Americans, the people of Egypt had nothing to say in this, right? There were no demonstrators and demonstrations on the streets of Egyptian cities? You really think so?

This was a necessary military coup, finally one time the people demanded something and military backed them up, then they helped the people to get rid of on religious fuck-up. If only other countries would be so great, if only other armies were on the side of people, not just on the side of governments...

Do I think that USA supports this action? Yes it does. Does USA send financial help to Egypt? Yes they do. Is this hidden or opened action, known to everyone? Opened, known to everyone, hell, Croatian newspapers write about these things.

So, it is all transparent, we know about the whole situation, not much is hidden here... So, why the fuck are you still insisting on some crazy conspiracies and hidden agendas?

Oh fuck, I fell in your web of bullshit again. Shit, stupid Filox. Fuck off!

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson