U.S to cut government polluting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 05:19 AM
RE: U.S to cut government polluting
(20-03-2015 11:37 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 10:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But... even environmental aspect aside, solar panels are cheaper than grid power (because it produces free fucking power!) and so at the very least it saves tax payer dollars on white house electrical bills.

It physically hurts my brain trying to contemplate the stupidity of your country.

and your country isn't stupid?

No it's not.
As far as countries go NZ is certainly one of the best. America however is most certainly near the bottom of the western nation list.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 05:25 AM
(21-03-2015 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 11:37 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  and your country isn't stupid?

No it's not.
As far as countries go NZ is certainly one of the best. America however is most certainly near the bottom of the western nation list.

It's pretty fucked up that's for sure.

I can take you up the street - hop in a canoe - and go upriver -- and show you three different hydroelectric dams that were bought, and blown up by Consumers Power - to eliminate the competition and make their latest nuclear plant - Palisades - look good. Back then they told the public that nuclear power would make electricity so cheap that you wouldn't even need a meter on your house.

Like that happened...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-03-2015, 05:39 AM
(21-03-2015 05:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 11:37 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  and your country isn't stupid?

No it's not.

It looks bad from the outside , but, the truth is that the extreme right wing fundamentalist nut jobs are highly over represented in government (there are reasonable conservatives out there). They did a lot of ground work and no one took them seriously ('cause they're crazy, right?) and they kinda took over while no one was looking.
It's going to take a lot of work to rebalance the system. But, keep your ibuprophen handy. It's going to be painful for a while.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
21-03-2015, 06:19 AM
I don't think earmuffs is referring to how the US looks "from the outside" I think he's referring to OECD research:
[Image: us_education_oecd_2012.png]
Yellow is the United States. The other two rings are Australia and New Zealand.
Source: http://gpseducation.oecd.org/IndicatorEx...13*F014%20

The US spends among the most in the world per student on education. As with its health spending the money simply doesn't achieve its intended outcomes.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-03-2015, 06:32 AM
I see your point. It is more than superficial. It's also the consequence of what a small radical minority has gotten away with due to inaction. But, point taken. We're fucked for the here and now.

21-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Our culture has gotten kind of lazy too. I sometimes forget because we push our kids pretty hard in my house.

[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
21-03-2015, 07:15 AM
(21-03-2015 06:37 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Our culture has gotten kind of lazy too. I sometimes forget because we push our kids pretty hard in my house.

America doesn't have a culture or at least a main one, it is a bunch of cultures in one area. If it did have a culture it would be jesus and fast food.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-03-2015, 09:03 AM
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 06:37 AM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  Our culture has gotten kind of lazy too. I sometimes forget because we push our kids pretty hard in my house.

America doesn't have a culture or at least a main one, it is a bunch of cultures in one area. If it did have a culture it would be jesus and fast food.

along with everything else brought up in Penn & Teller's Bullshit series
21-03-2015, 06:46 PM
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

It's too big of a place to say "this is American culture". LA is vastly different from NY which in turn is vastly different from Dallas which in turn is vastly different from Hawaii etc..

The United States is a country that is more like a collection of smaller countries.
The issue being that when America was being colonized it was being colonized by English, French and Spanish. Unlike say Germany which when it formed the small states that formed into Germany were all of German culture.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-03-2015, 06:48 PM
(21-03-2015 06:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 07:15 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America doesn't have a culture or at least a main one, it is a bunch of cultures in one area. If it did have a culture it would be jesus and fast food.

It's too big of a place to say "this is American culture". LA is vastly different from NY which in turn is vastly different from Dallas which in turn is vastly different from Hawaii etc..

The United States is a country that is more like a collection of smaller countries.
The issue being that when America was being colonized it was being colonized by English, French and Spanish. Unlike say Germany which when it formed the small states that formed into Germany were all of German culture.

To be fair, the Germans did have some sub-cultures.
They just got rid of them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.