UAB Blazers Football is back!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
UAB Blazers Football is back!
I realize that many of you neither know nor care about college football (American), but the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) was dealt a great injustice last year by the very corrupt, good-ol-boy ran system in Alabama when our football, rifle and bowling teams were shut down. After a surprising grass-roots effort by students, alumni, and supporters, our programs have been reinstated. If anyone cares, I'll gladly share links to the backstory.

If the mood strikes you, please raise a glass this evening to my Blazers, and to the "vocal minority" (as we were called by those in power) who prevailed over tyranny!

Cheers!

[Image: 1280px-UAB_Blazers_Logo.svg.png]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
01-06-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: UAB Blazers Football is back!
My UAH (University of Alabama Huntsville) Chargers football team is STILL UNDEFEATED!!! Tongue

[Image: 1280px-UAH_Chargers.svg.png]

(We don't have a football team)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-06-2015, 03:27 PM
Um, roll tide!

But that's awesome that UAB football is back Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes barrywhitecc's post
01-06-2015, 04:26 PM
(01-06-2015 02:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My UAH (University of Alabama Huntsville) Chargers football team is STILL UNDEFEATED!!! Tongue

[Image: 1280px-UAH_Chargers.svg.png]

(We don't have a football team)

No, but the same group attempted to shut down UAH's hockey team in similar fashion a few years ago. That didn't go over too well either. No

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart