UFC fights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 08:40 AM
UFC fights
UFC 207 was amazing !!!

From my point of view Hendricks won his fight against Magny. Six take downs, lots of strikes. He dominated Magny.

Borg vs Smolka - WOW !! An amazing back & forth between these two. The submission attempts were insane.

Saffiedine should have won his fight too. He set the pace, threw his punches, kicks, knees. Kim did well, but he seemed like an unorganized bull racing in head first. Like literally head first.

TJ put on a clinic against Lineker. Not even a contest. He should be next in line for the belt. He definitely showed he's ready.

Garbrandt vs Cruz - Fight of the night !!! What can I say about this fight. Garbrandt intelligently set the tone. Dude wasn't winded even after five rounds. His striking defense was second to none. Cruz could barely hit him. The taunting was driving me crazy. I was sure Cruz was going to catch his jaw on one of those moments.

Lastly we have the CHAMPION - Amanda Nunes !!
48 seconds to land about 7 very solid punches to Rhonda Rousey's face. I think they stopped the fight too soon, but it was very clear that this fight would have only lasted 2-3 more hits like that.
If I had to guess, I would say Rousey's career is done. Amanda has some very heavy hands and strikes with accuracy. Post fight she said she didn't train that much to get out of locks & holds. Given this level of skill, I really could see her staying dominant for a long time.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: UFC fights
(31-12-2016 08:40 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I had to guess, I would say Rousey's career is done. Amanda has some very heavy hands and strikes with accuracy. Post fight she said she didn't train that much to get out of locks & holds. Given this level of skill, I really could see her staying dominant for a long time.
Rousey gets a lot of shit because she had received so much praise before, people love to knock down the tall poppies.

I'm thinking if she is serious to continue, she ought to get back into the swing with some easier fights first rather than taking on a champion. Get her confidence back.
2 losses aint a big deal and the measure of someone is their ability to bounce back. She did seem a little too angry going into the fight, not relaxed enough, not game ready.

Anyway, how knows,maybe she has lost it, maybe movie money is easier living. Anyway, best of luck to her for her future, whatever that may be.
31-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Rhonda was easily running through all the women in her weight class and was very effective using her Judo skills & submissions.

She's finding out now that she can't take a punch.
She looked like she didn't even train to avoid a punch.
If she trained with Garbrandt on punching defense, then she might have stood a chance. He was a beast at avoiding all those shots from Cruz.

I agree that she needs some easier fights. I would drop her ranking down to 10th and let her fight her way back up again.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-01-2017, 12:05 PM
I liked the tournament setup of the earlier UFCs Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
(01-01-2017 12:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I liked the tournament setup of the earlier UFCs Big Grin

Me too. I miss the slightly more brutal nature of those fights, too. Kicking opponents while they're down? Uh... yeah! Nobody told 'em to go down & not get up fast enough! Sleepy