UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(09-09-2015 07:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 06:07 PM)Free Wrote:  Conventional wisdom.

We cannot speak as to the technology of an alien race from the perspective of humanity. Our knowledge of physics may absolutely pale in comparison for all we know. We, as humans, may not possess the intellectual capacity to even begin to understand the physics an alien culture may have developed.

To demonstrate what I am saying, do you think your pets can understand how to use a computer? Why not? Because they are not human.

Aliens would not be human either, and their perspective on things could be as different from ours, as ours is from our pets.

Hence, we cannot make that comparison for the simple reason that we cannot humanize an alien race.

How is this, exactly, different from the God of the Gaps?

Because it makes no positive claims, and uses cohesive reasoning to support the postulation.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 07:53 PM
(09-09-2015 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How is this, exactly, different from the God of the Gaps?

Because it makes no positive claims, and uses cohesive reasoning to support the postulation.

I think that is a matter of opinion.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-09-2015, 07:55 PM
(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  And your assumption of what is deemed as evidence has been put in serious doubt by evidence to the contrary.

You personally refusing to accept this due to it removing what little support you've managed to gather for your pet theories does not call anything into doubt.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  I see. Since you are concluding with your own premise, this is circular logic.

No, it's not. That would require me to state that it is because all these people believe it, it's rational - in which case it would be the argument from popularity, as you are doing, not circular reasoning.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Those who idly study this issue do not have the education on this issue to draw any valid conclusions pro or con.

Oh, so you're adding no true Scotsman to the list as well now. Very good.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Now, I am not here to insult you, nor to lord over you any experience I have.

Believe me, you don't have the experience or knowledge necessary to lord over me on this.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  ...I have proven to myself...

Proof is proof for everyone. If it isn't, it isn't proof.

What you mean is that you have come to believe.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  From the history of UFO sightings

Anecdotes are not evidence.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  to the unretouched photos from 60+ years ago

Varying explanations, from hoaxes to simply being too blurry and inconclusive to draw any conclusions other than "I don't know what that is".

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  from very credible eyewitness reports

Ditto the above.

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  to the admission of government personnel and agencies

You do realize that Men In Black was fictional, yes?

(09-09-2015 07:00 PM)Free Wrote:  it all amounts to something.

Yes, it does.

It just doesn't amount to what you think.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
09-09-2015, 07:57 PM
(09-09-2015 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  Because it makes no positive claims, and uses cohesive reasoning to support the postulation.

It's god of the gaps.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
09-09-2015, 08:19 PM
(09-09-2015 07:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:07 PM)Free Wrote:  Have all twelve been interviewed?
Have all 12 reported identical descriptions of this Jesus?
Have all 12 seen Jesus at the same time?

Do you see the difference? They got together and collaborated. None of this can be compared to the Chicago O'Hare situation.

Not even close. Your analogy is far from accurate.

They are aircraft pilots, aircraft mechanics, supervisors, hangar personnel, and others intimately familiar with aircraft. There was actually far more than 12. Like I said at the beginning, the Wiki doesn't even come close to all the details.

Well Rall shot down 275 aircraft and Yeager is one of the greatest test pilots of all time who also became a general in the air force. I'd rate those two as experts over a mechanic.

I should ask, have you seen this film? If so can you enlighten me as the the real expertise of these "experts"? I could not find much. There's huge amounts on Chuck and Gunther.

Perhaps you should start with the initial report from the Chicago Tribune, which investigated the story and had to use the Freedom of Information Act to get the airport to turn over its log files.

You might enjoy this leaked Youtube Video of an off-air discussion regarding the subject as it happened.

You then might want to review THIS REPORT which contains the airport log files that were attempted to be covered up, and also has interviews with witnesses, their qualifications, and other details. I caution this report is book length and 155 pages. I don't expect you to read it all, but I did.

That will get you started if you are really interested. I studied this for at least a month before I decided that there was certainly something very possibly going on here.

I can't expect you to do the same though. it requires passion to stay focused on issues like this, and it's not for everybody.

But it's been my hobby for decades.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
09-09-2015, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 08:30 PM by Free.)
(09-09-2015 07:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:45 PM)Free Wrote:  Because it makes no positive claims, and uses cohesive reasoning to support the postulation.

It's god of the gaps.

No.

""God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

Since I have maintained only the possibility of aliens visiting earth, and do not make positive claims of anything of the sort that proves they are visiting earth, then the difference is one of opinion contrasted to a positive claim.

This is not about religion in which no evidence exists whatsoever for the existence of God, and which thereby any claims are not supported by any evidence at all.

In the alien situation though, it is not unreasonable to assume intelligent alien life exists in this universe considering earth is an example itself. If we can assume existence of intelligent alien life, then the possibility- however remote- that we have been visited can also be assumed.

Conclusion: False Comparison.

09-09-2015, 08:28 PM
(09-09-2015 08:19 PM)Free Wrote:  Perhaps you should start with the initial report from the Chicago Tribune, which investigated the story and had to use the Freedom of Information Act to get the airport to turn over its log files.

You might enjoy this leaked Youtube Video of an off-air discussion regarding the subject as it happened.

You then might want to review THIS REPORT which contains the airport log files that were attempted to be covered up, and also has interviews with witnesses, their qualifications, and other details. I caution this report is book length and 155 pages. I don't expect you to read it all, but I did.

That will get you started if you are really interested. I studied this for at least a month before I decided that there was certainly something very possibly going on here.

I can't expect you to do the same though. it requires passion to stay focused on issues like this, and it's not for everybody.

The first three books I ever read were, a Little Golden book on dinosaurs.
A Dr Seuss book.
The history of the Battle of Britain.

I have read about aviation ever since.

My first job in 1972 was in the aviation business. I worked for a crop dusting pilot.

So I have been reading about aviation for approximately 45 years.

A month, you said? Smile

I will check out those links.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-09-2015, 08:33 PM
(09-09-2015 08:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 08:19 PM)Free Wrote:  Perhaps you should start with the initial report from the Chicago Tribune, which investigated the story and had to use the Freedom of Information Act to get the airport to turn over its log files.

The first three books I ever read were, a Little Golden book on dinosaurs.
A Dr Seuss book.
The history of the Battle of Britain.

I have read about aviation ever since.

My first job in 1972 was in the aviation business. I worked for a crop dusting pilot.

So I have been reading about aviation for approximately 45 years.

A month, you said? Smile

I will check out those links.

Are you a pilot?

09-09-2015, 08:39 PM
(09-09-2015 07:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

It's god of the gaps.

No...it moves the needle closer to 1 or away from it.
09-09-2015, 08:46 PM
(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  No.

Yes.

(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  ""God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

And this is what you are doing when you posit alien visitation as a possible cause for the sightings of unidentified flying objects.

"We don't know, therefore aliens" is no different from "we don't know, therefore God".

(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  Since I have maintained only the possibility of aliens visiting earth

And that you have evidence to support this.

(09-09-2015 08:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No...it moves the needle closer to 1 or away from it.

It really doesn't.

[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post