UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
Seeing KC show up makes me want to apologise for the tone of my comments regarding him. I was being snarky because Free's an idiot, but my actual point was that intellectual honesty does not preclude admitting to non-rational premises. It only requires that we recognise them. And that is the step that Free categorically refuses to do.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
18-09-2015, 09:35 AM
(18-09-2015 09:26 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Seeing KC show up makes me want to apologise for the tone of my comments regarding him. I was being snarky because Free's an idiot, but my actual point was that intellectual honesty does not preclude admitting to non-rational premises. It only requires that we recognise them. And that is the step that Free categorically refuses to do.

It's okay. I'm quite used to people making fun of me and laughing and shaking their head at my expense.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-09-2015, 09:44 AM
(18-09-2015 08:59 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 08:40 AM)Free Wrote:  Another lie?

My position was that a jaywalker was eyewitnessed as breaking the law by a number of people, who informed the police.

Except the case your trying to draw a parallel to the testimony IS is entirely anonymous hearsay.

Hearsay is best defined as repeating of something to someone else. Since the eyewitnesses are all reporting to both The Chicago Tribune and NARCAP, then from this point of view this is true.

However, all news reports must, by necessity, relate what witness tell them. It doesn't make it any less credible in this case then it does in any other case. We often see news reports- particularly political- in which a reporter conveys a message he's heard from an informant who speaks only on the condition of anonymity.

There is absolutely nothing unusual with this report in that respect. It's perfectly normal.

Quote:I'd also be curious to see a case where a person was brought to trial and convicted of jaywalking based on just eyewitness testimony and no physical evidence whatsoever.

Well, here you go.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/moth...19312.html

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
18-09-2015, 09:45 AM
(18-09-2015 09:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 09:26 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Seeing KC show up makes me want to apologise for the tone of my comments regarding him. I was being snarky because Free's an idiot, but my actual point was that intellectual honesty does not preclude admitting to non-rational premises. It only requires that we recognise them. And that is the step that Free categorically refuses to do.

It's okay. I'm quite used to people making fun of me and laughing and shaking their head at my expense.

I might laugh, and I certainly shake my head, but I bear no ill will towards someone who has the self-awareness to be honest with themselves and with their audience.

Free has none of that.

18-09-2015, 09:47 AM
(18-09-2015 09:44 AM)Free Wrote:  Hearsay is best defined as repeating of something to someone else. Since the eyewitnesses are all reporting to both The Chicago Tribune and NARCAP, then from this point of view this is true.

Then there aren't 12, now, are there?

Because neither, ah, "source", provides or substantiates that number.

Do you care to address this?

18-09-2015, 09:47 AM
(18-09-2015 09:45 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 09:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's okay. I'm quite used to people making fun of me and laughing and shaking their head at my expense.

I might laugh, and I certainly shake my head, but I bear no ill will towards someone who has the self-awareness to be honest with themselves and with their audience.

Free has none of that.

I have plenty.

All I have seen here from you and others is complete and total intellectual dishonesty.

And that is quite disappointing.

Undecided

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
18-09-2015, 09:53 AM
(18-09-2015 09:47 AM)Free Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 09:45 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I might laugh, and I certainly shake my head, but I bear no ill will towards someone who has the self-awareness to be honest with themselves and with their audience.

Free has none of that.

I have plenty.

All I have seen here from you and others is complete and total intellectual dishonesty.

Undecided

Truly, the insane are well-known for the skill at self-diagnosis.

But no, friendo - you can't justify a single claim of dishonesty on the part of any of your myriad interlocutors, no matter how hard you pretend and repeat yourself.

Any more than you can justify your numerological worship of 12 phantom "eyewitnesses".

18-09-2015, 09:54 AM
(18-09-2015 09:47 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 09:44 AM)Free Wrote:  Hearsay is best defined as repeating of something to someone else. Since the eyewitnesses are all reporting to both The Chicago Tribune and NARCAP, then from this point of view this is true.

Then there aren't 12, now, are there?

Because neither, ah, "source", provides or substantiates that number.

Do you care to address this?

No, there are 12.

The report at Narcap shows them all. The Chicago Tribune claims it interviewed them all, and many others.

18-09-2015, 09:58 AM
(18-09-2015 09:53 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 09:47 AM)Free Wrote:  I have plenty.

Undecided

Truly, the insane are well-known for the skill at self-diagnosis.

But no, friendo - you can't justify a single claim of dishonesty on the part of any of your myriad interlocutors, no matter how hard you pretend and repeat yourself.

Any more than you can justify your numerological worship of 12 phantom "eyewitnesses".

Do you really think? Then perhaps you will accept the challenge at the following link and then answer to it.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid855973

If you fail to address that post with honesty- because you have used those comparisons against my position- then I have every right to consider you as being intellectually dishonest.

Honestly, of all people here, YOU are the biggest disappointment because I hold you to a higher standard.

Undecided

18-09-2015, 10:05 AM
(18-09-2015 09:54 AM)Free Wrote:  No, there are 12.

The report at Narcap shows them all.

The NARCAP report lists eight "witnesses", only two of whom actually claim to have seen anything more than a balloon or a bird and two of which are by the report's own admission just assumed to exist.

(18-09-2015 09:54 AM)Free Wrote:  The Chicago Tribune claims it interviewed them all

No, it doesn't.

And we're still running in circles. This thread is over. I suggest that we all just let it die, because the only thing that we are accomplishing at this point is...

...well. Nothing, really, other than letting Free continue to delude himself into thinking that anyone cares about his idiocy.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post