UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 05:20 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(23-09-2015 04:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 04:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'll give you a fitting. Angel

ORLY? Gwynnies not enough for you these days?

Actually, I think I've had way too many Gwynnies lately. Blush

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-09-2015, 05:28 AM
Aliens are actually inter dimensional humans of the future.

Aaaaand.....go.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-09-2015, 06:52 AM
(23-09-2015 05:28 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Aliens are actually inter dimensional humans of the future.

Aaaaand.....go.

Yes yes, that is entirely logical. After all, we can't know what aliens are capable of. And the movie interstellar proposes *just* such a scenario, which shows how it could happen.

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-09-2015, 07:16 AM
(22-09-2015 10:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:08 PM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Thats a shame.

But I understand.

It's that fucking Greer. I used to like him, then I did the research, then I reviewed the research with a critical eye. If he ain't above twisting extreme dwarfism into a Sirius alien when he should be aware of the science, what the fuck else is he going to lie about?

Agreed. I don't like him either. He's a fucking sensationalist who appears to only be in this for a few bucks.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
23-09-2015, 07:25 AM
(23-09-2015 05:28 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Aliens are actually inter dimensional humans of the future.

Aaaaand.....go.

No.

lol

I may appear to be warped, but I am not that fucking warped.

If they exist, they are simply just another animal in the universe that can be viewed the same way we view any other animal on earth.

How we, as humans, measure intelligence may be so radically different to the kind of intelligence they could have. Our perceptions of intelligence may not apply to them at all, for when you think about it, we don't even have a clue as to whether or not if the methods we humans use to measure intelligence here on earth to other animals is actually accurate.

What we've become accustomed to seeing in movies and television shows regarding alien life has been sanitized so much as to humanize alien life so that they fit somehow into the human equation.

If they exist, they would be nothing like us at all; as different from us as a whale, with the only similar characteristic possibly being humanoid in appearance, but we don't even know that.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-09-2015, 08:19 AM
(23-09-2015 06:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Aaaaand.....go.

Yes yes, that is entirely logical. After all, we can't know what aliens are capable of. And the movie interstellar proposes *just* such a scenario, which shows how it could happen.

Rolleyes

I hadn't seen the movie but that's PROOF! All those millions of people saw it with their own eyes!
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
23-09-2015, 09:40 AM
(23-09-2015 07:25 AM)Free Wrote:  

Aaaaand.....go.

No.

lol

He said, while seriously stating that he finds it more likely that aliens are living on Earth alongside us without anyone noticing.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-09-2015, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 10:46 AM by Free.)
(23-09-2015 09:40 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 07:25 AM)Free Wrote:  No.

lol

He said, while seriously stating that he finds it more likely that aliens are living on Earth alongside us without anyone noticing.

What I see in Unbeliever's post above is actually quite interesting.

Throughout this thread I have been speaking about possibilities that are capable of increasing levels of belief in regards to certain issues, such as the issue of non-human intelligent life,

Therefore, when I see the following from Unbeliever ...

Quote:He said, while seriously stating that he finds it more likely that aliens are living on Earth alongside us without anyone noticing.

... I see a certain measure of cognitive dissonance that reveals his level of belief in this subject. He used the words "more likely" in his attempt to ridicule what he believes my position to be, without realizing that the words of "more likely" by necessity are used in a positive contrast to another option that he himself believes is more likely.

For example, it is reasonable to conclude that Unbeliever "believes" that it is more likely that alien life is visiting us from another star system, as opposed to them co-existing with us here on earth.

This cognitive dissonance stuff is very fascinating, as it reveals much about a person's beliefs than the targeted person is even aware of.

More information about this can be viewed at GirlyMan's thread which was inspired via a conversation with houseofcantor.

Very very interesting.

Consider

23-09-2015, 10:46 AM
(23-09-2015 10:41 AM)Free Wrote:  ... I see a certain measure of cognitive dissonance that reveals his level of belief in this subject. He used the words "more likely" in his attempt to ridicule what he believes my position to be, without realizing that the words of "more likely" by necessity are used in a positive contrast to another option that he himself believes is more likely.

I am sure that you find your armchair psychoanalysis very gratifying, but no. I find neither position tenable. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of your stance.

Humans from another dimension has exactly as much worth as an explanation for UFOs as Atlanteans, no matter how much you wish it were otherwise.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-09-2015, 11:08 AM
(23-09-2015 10:46 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 10:41 AM)Free Wrote:  ... I see a certain measure of cognitive dissonance that reveals his level of belief in this subject. He used the words "more likely" in his attempt to ridicule what he believes my position to be, without realizing that the words of "more likely" by necessity are used in a positive contrast to another option that he himself believes is more likely.

I am sure that you find your armchair psychoanalysis very gratifying, but no. I find neither position tenable. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of your stance.

Humans from another dimension has exactly as much worth as an explanation for UFOs as Atlanteans, no matter how much you wish it were otherwise.

Now, the above post is equally fascinating. It demonstrates an attempt to cover up his embarrassment about his cognitive dissonance in the previous post by attempting to detract from it via means of more attempted ridicule of my person.

But also, his insistence that I said anything to the effect of "Humans from another dimension has exactly as much worth as an explanation for UFOs as Atlanteans, no matter how much you wish it were otherwise," when a simple cursory check of my previous statements reveals that no such statement was made by me to that effect, demonstrates how he copes with his embarrassment with an attempt to detract from my actual statements by assigning statements to my personage which bear no resemblance to the truth.

This individual would make for an excellent case study, and I am sure Sigmund would agree.

[Image: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg]