23-09-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
Sigmund has also been largely discredited. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-09-2015, 11:24 AM
(23-09-2015 11:20 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sigmund has also been largely discredited. Tongue

This is something that he and Free have in common.

At least Sigmund wasn't a liar, though, and had reading comprehension abilities above a third-grade level. Atlantis, for those who - like, apparently, Free - haven't heard of it before, is a mythical ancient civilization which has been described by various authors as being extremely technologically advanced and inhabited by non-humans (depending, of course, on the work of fiction in question). It is, quite obviously, a direct parallel to Free's hypothetical non-human, technologically-advanced, undetected civilization living alongside us on Earth.

But he either didn't understand that extremely simple reference or will simply deny ever having proposed that as a possibility, and his next post will be "Dude I just blew the wheels off your bandwagon Big Grin" rather than an actual response, because he has nothing left.

He hasn't for a while now. It's just getting more and more blatant as the rambling goes on.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
23-09-2015, 11:32 AM
(23-09-2015 11:20 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sigmund has also been largely discredited. Tongue

Largely yes, but not completely.

Much of his psychoanalytic procedures have been expanded upon and are used today. In the case of the subject known as "Unbeliever," Sigmund, in his time, would undoubtedly insist upon a rubber room, straight jacket, shock treatments, and a collection of pharmaceuticals in an effort to correct his extreme cognitive dissonance, denialism, and delirium.

It is my opinion that Sigmund is precisely what Unbeliever needs.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
23-09-2015, 11:47 AM
(23-09-2015 11:32 AM)Free Wrote:  

Largely yes, but not completely.

Much of his psychoanalytic procedures have been expanded upon and are used today. In the case of the subject known as "Unbeliever," Sigmund, in his time, would undoubtedly insist upon a rubber room, straight jacket, shock treatments, and a collection of pharmaceuticals in an effort to correct his extreme cognitive dissonance, denialism, and delirium.

Big Grin
I see your hard at work trying to cultivate that rational, resonable, and respectful conversation you keep claiming you want. Drinking Beverage

Your realize they actually did that kind of stuff to people who public preached your position on alien space ships coming to earth right?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-09-2015, 11:50 AM
This is the best trainwreck since the glory days of ol' Lumi.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 12:00 PM
(23-09-2015 11:47 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 11:32 AM)Free Wrote:  Largely yes, but not completely.

Big Grin
I see your hard at work trying to cultivate that rational, resonable, and respectful conversation you keep claiming you want. Drinking Beverage

That kind of discussion with Unbeliever is impossible, as it is my opinion as per his discourse so far clearly indicates a complete and total state of denialism regardless if possibilities have been demonstrated or not.

He doesn't get that this is an epistemological discussion, and mistakes it all as something akin to a discussion in which the argument is focused upon and must conclude a positive claim.

Quote:Your realize they actually did that kind of stuff to people who public preached your position on alien space ships coming to earth right?

No, in Sigmund's time I would simply be put away as a hopeless case and left alone to rot until death.

But they might see hope for Unbeliever, and therefore ... the rubber room, straight jacket, shock treatments, and a collection of pharmaceuticals.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
23-09-2015, 12:10 PM
(23-09-2015 12:00 PM)Free Wrote:  He doesn't get that this is an epistemological discussion, and mistakes it all as something akin to a discussion in which the argument is focused upon and must conclude a positive claim.

Because this is not, and has never been, a discussion about epistemology. That is the motte to which you retreat when your bailey is threatened - and that bailey is that you have actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth.

You don't. The entirety of this thread has established this thoroughly and repeatedly.

On top of this, even if this is a discussion entirely limited to epistemological questions, you still fail. The arguments you have been putting forth are the same arguments made for Bigfoot, ghosts, the Loch Ness monster, psychic powers, gods, faith healing, divine manifestation, chupacabras, and so on. And yet you - presumably - reject these claims as having no valid epistemological basis.

Even on your preferred ground, which you only reach through some incredible feats of intellectual dishonesty, you still fail.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-09-2015, 12:24 PM
(23-09-2015 12:10 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:00 PM)Free Wrote:  He doesn't get that this is an epistemological discussion, and mistakes it all as something akin to a discussion in which the argument is focused upon and must conclude a positive claim.

Because this is not, and has never been, a discussion about epistemology. That is the motte to which you retreat when your bailey is threatened - and that bailey is that you have actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth.

Oh please demonstrate where I have said I have "actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth."

Now I challenge you to find one single post where I made any positive claim about any such thing.

And when you don't- not even "if" you don't- but when you don't find anything that shows I have made a positive claim in this thread, everybody here will know how fucking much of a liar you actually are.

The floor is yours. Own up, and let's see it.

This should be good.

Popcorn

23-09-2015, 12:27 PM
(23-09-2015 12:24 PM)Free Wrote:  Now I challenge you to find one single post where I made any positive claim about any such thing.

Saying it's not only possible but probable is making a positive claim.

You don't get to pretend only absolute certainty constitutes a positive claim.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 12:29 PM
(23-09-2015 12:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:24 PM)Free Wrote:  Now I challenge you to find one single post where I made any positive claim about any such thing.

Saying it's not only possible but probable is making a positive claim.

You don't get to pretend only absolute certainty constitutes a positive claim.

Do not even try to obfuscate the point, retard.

He is claiming that I made a positive claim that they DO exist, not that I made a positive claim they could possibly exist.

Clean up your act, you look like a fucking retard when you try this shit.