UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 12:34 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  Do not even try to obfuscate the point, retard.

You would me, sirrah, with your mean words.

(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  He is claiming that I made a positive claim that they DO exist, not that I made a positive claim they could possibly exist.

No. You can't read.

He is saying that you equivocate between the two and retreat to the latter when pressed.

I am saying that you can't freely assume the latter regardless. "You can't prove it's not" does not count as evidence towards a positive claim.
(hint: "it is possible that 'X' " is very much a positive claim)

(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  Clean up your act, you look like a fucking retard when you try this shit.

This discussion has firmly established your perspective as orthogonal to reality.

I leave it to the cheap seats to decide whether one raving lunatic is correct, or whether the crowd of bemused spectators and occasional stick-pokers has the right of it.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 12:48 PM by Free.)
(23-09-2015 12:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  He is claiming that I made a positive claim that they DO exist, not that I made a positive claim they could possibly exist.

No. You can't read.

He is saying that you equivocate between the two and retreat to the latter when pressed.

I'll just stop you right there and demonstrate that you are a lying fuck. Now tell me, idiot, where in this quote of him below does he demonstrate that I have been equivocating?

Quote:Because this is not, and has never been, a discussion about epistemology. That is the motte to which you retreat when your bailey is threatened - and that bailey is that you have actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth.

He is asserting.

He is making a positive claim that says I have made a positive claim that I have been saying that I "have actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth."

Great, now what we have here is a fucking liar defending another fucking liar's lies.

The rest of your bullshit is dismissed.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-09-2015, 12:48 PM
(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Saying it's not only possible but probable is making a positive claim.

You don't get to pretend only absolute certainty constitutes a positive claim.

Do not even try to obfuscate the point, retard.

He is claiming that I made a positive claim that they DO exist, not that I made a positive claim they could possibly exist.

Clean up your act, you look like a fucking retard when you try this shit.

Hard at work.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
23-09-2015, 12:49 PM
(23-09-2015 12:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:29 PM)Free Wrote:  Do not even try to obfuscate the point, retard.

He is claiming that I made a positive claim that they DO exist, not that I made a positive claim they could possibly exist.

Clean up your act, you look like a fucking retard when you try this shit.

Hard at work.

Yep, and so is everyone else with their lies.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-09-2015, 12:52 PM
(23-09-2015 12:44 PM)Free Wrote:  I'll just stop you right there and demonstrate that you are a lying fuck. Now tell me, idiot, where in this quote of him below does he claim that I have been equivocating?

That's what motte and bailey means in the rhetorical sense, Free. I'm not sure how you've missed that, given how many times he's used the phrase.

Learn to read.

(23-09-2015 12:44 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:Because this is not, and has never been, a discussion about epistemology. That is the motte to which you retreat when your bailey is threatened - and that bailey is that you have actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth.

He is making a positive claim that says I have made a positive claim that I have been saying that I "actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth."

Great, now what we have here is a fucking liar defending another fucking liar's lies.

You are claiming to have actual evidence. You've repeatedly claimed that your various eyewitnesses and reports constitute that evidence. I do not see how your obsessive insistence that "many qualified experts definitely saw a craft that definitely wasn't human" can be taken as anything less.

Of course, when inconvenient reality interferes you merely claim that this laughably poor evidence supports the possibility. This does not, in this case, constitute a meaningful difference. Unattested "possibility" is as transparently worthless as unattested certainty.

Notwithstanding you apparently don't even know what liar means! It means deliberate falsehood, Free. A genuine misunderstanding is not, by definition, a lie.

Please learn to read. Please.

(23-09-2015 12:44 PM)Free Wrote:  The rest of your bullshit is dismissed.

Freespeak for "I am ignoring the things I cannot answer", apparently.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
23-09-2015, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 01:02 PM by Free.)
(23-09-2015 12:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:44 PM)Free Wrote:  I'll just stop you right there and demonstrate that you are a lying fuck. Now tell me, idiot, where in this quote of him below does he claim that I have been equivocating?

That's what motte and bailey means in the rhetorical sense, Free. I'm not sure how you've missed that, given how many times he's used the phrase.

Learn to read.

Learn to recheck for edits that have time-stamps before you post.

Hence, learn to read fuckwad.

Quote:
(23-09-2015 12:44 PM)Free Wrote:  He is making a positive claim that says I have made a positive claim that I have been saying that I "actual evidence of non-human craft having visited Earth."

You are claiming to have actual evidence. You've repeatedly claimed that your various eyewitnesses and reports constitute that evidence.

It counts as evidence to denote the possibility, not a positive claim.

It isn't me who is equivocating here, asswipe.

And again, the rest of what you say is bullshit.

Big Grin

23-09-2015, 01:02 PM
(23-09-2015 12:49 PM)Free Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Hard at work.

Yep, and so is everyone else with their lies.

Big Grin

You know if you had as much evidence as you have excuses for your action you might have been able to support something you asserted some here in this thread.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(23-09-2015 01:02 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Yep, and so is everyone else with their lies.

Big Grin

You know if you had as much evidence as you have excuses for your action you might have been able to support something you asserted some here in this thread.

Circumstantial evidence counts as evidence to support belief in various things. This is not an argument that is intended to prove existence, but only an argument to demonstrate the possibility of existence via the circumstantial evidence.

That's all this is, and that's all this has ever been. Many here are attempting to obfuscate that argument with false attributions of me making positive claims of the existence, when that has never been the case here at all.

And now you see they continue with that same line of bullshit, and you wonder what all the fuss is about?

23-09-2015, 01:10 PM
(23-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That's what motte and bailey means in the rhetorical sense, Free. I'm not sure how you've missed that, given how many times he's used the phrase.

Learn to read.

Learn to recheck for edits that have time-stamps before you post.

I fail to see how this follows as a coherent response?

None of the immediate posts in question (currently) have edit timestamps.

Still gonna have to ask you to learn to read, there, Free.

Quote:You are claiming to have actual evidence. You've repeatedly claimed that your various eyewitnesses and reports constitute that evidence.

Asserting the possibility and declaring things evidence of it is making a positive claim.

There is no plainer way to tell you this. I despair of your understanding basic logic.

(23-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  It isn't me who is equivocating here, asswipe.

And again, the rest of what you say is bullshit.

You're so darn cute when you're butthurt, Free.

23-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Quote:You are claiming to have actual evidence. You've repeatedly claimed that your various eyewitnesses and reports constitute that evidence.

This is a meaningless non-phrase which serves no purpose but to obfuscate a point. There is no functional difference between "evidence of aliens" and "evidence of the possibility of aliens" save that the latter gives you a weasel word that you can use to crowbar aliens into any unknown.

Regardless, you still have no more evidence of alien visitation, or even the simple possibility of it, than you do for wizards.

(23-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  It isn't me who is equivocating here, asswipe.

It very much is.

(23-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  Circumstantial evidence counts as evidence to support belief in various things.

This is true.

You have none.

(23-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  This is not an argument that is intended to prove existence, but only an argument to demonstrate the possibility of existence via the circumstantial evidence.

You have failed to do so, because you have no circumstantial evidence for alien visitation.

(23-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  That's all this is, and that's all this has ever been. Many here are attempting to obfuscate that argument with false attributions of me making positive claims of the existence, when that has never been the case here at all.

No. Everyone here has rightfully pointed out that, despite all your claims to the contrary, you have completely and utterly failed to produce any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, to support even the possibility of aliens as an explanation.

All you have - all you have - is "we don't know", and that's no more evidence for the possibility of aliens than it is for the possibility of wizards.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post