UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(23-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  That's all this is, and that's all this has ever been. Many here are attempting to obfuscate that argument with false attributions of me making positive claims of the existence, when that has never been the case here at all.

"X possibly caused Y" requires the existence of X to be established first, Free.

So, yes. That is a positive claim.

It would be tragic that you so consistently fail to understand this, if your various flailing efforts did not instead rise to the level of comedy.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 01:31 PM
(23-09-2015 01:22 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "X possibly caused Y" requires the existence of X to be established first, Free.

Oh, now, that's not fair. He's already struggling with the handful of basic concepts we've presented him already. Pointing out the concept of parsimony might make his head explode.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
23-09-2015, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 01:47 PM by Free.)
(23-09-2015 01:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  Learn to recheck for edits that have time-stamps before you post.

I fail to see how this follows as a coherent response?

None of the immediate posts in question (currently) have edit timestamps.

Still gonna have to ask you to learn to read, there, Free.

Yeah yeah yeah, nice dodge.

Fuckoff.

Quote:
(23-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  It counts as evidence to denote the possibility, not a positive claim.

Asserting the possibility and declaring things evidence of it is making a positive claim.

Yes it is. So? What's that got to do with him saying I have made a positive claim that the circumstantial evidence in any way demonstrates positive existence?

Quote:There is no plainer way to tell you this. I despair of your understanding basic logic.

Really? Let's see if you can tell the difference:

1. I believe that the circumstantial evidence indicates the possibility that alien life has been visiting earth. <---(My actual position.)

2. The circumstantial evidence is positive proof that aliens have been definitely visiting earth. <---(The position you and others wrongfully assert I am holding.)

Pick one, "genius". And then tell me which one I have been propagating.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-09-2015, 01:49 PM
(23-09-2015 01:39 PM)Free Wrote:  1. I believe that the circumstantial evidence indicates the possibility that alien life has been visiting earth.

2. The circumstantial evidence is positive proof that aliens have been definitely visiting earth.

Neither.

The former is the motte that you retreat to when pressed, but it is not your position. Your actual position is that you have evidence that alien life is visiting Earth, not just that it is possible. Your obsession with the O'Hare incident and other sightings is indicative of this.

Of course, in reality, you have no such evidence. When this is pointed out, you retreat to your disingenuous statements regarding the "possibility" of it being true, which is an utterly useless position to take. Aliens are only a "possible" explanation in the broadest, most utterly meaningless sense - the same sense, in fact, in which wizards are a possible explanation as well.

Your blatant lies, disingenuous behavior, and constant insults will not convince anyone.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
23-09-2015, 01:51 PM
(23-09-2015 01:39 PM)Free Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 01:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I fail to see how this follows as a coherent response?

None of the immediate posts in question (currently) have edit timestamps.

Still gonna have to ask you to learn to read, there, Free.

Yeah yeah yeah, nice dodge.

Fuckoff.

Quote:Asserting the possibility and declaring things evidence of it is making a positive claim.

Yes it is. So? What's that got to do with him saying I have made a positive claim that the circumstantial evidence in any way demonstrates positive existence?

Quote:There is no plainer way to tell you this. I despair of your understanding basic logic.

Really? Let's see if you can tell the difference:

1. I believe that the circumstantial evidence indicates the possibility that alien life has been visiting earth. <---(My actual position.)

2. The circumstantial evidence is positive proof that aliens have been definitely visiting earth. <---(The position you and others wrongfully assert I am holding.)

Big Grin

I am still waiting for you to prove that I have ever said any such thing.

Where are the quotes that demonstrate me equivocating whatsoever between those two positions?

Where are the quotes where I ever made a positive claim that aliens ARE visiting earth?

You don't have any, because none exist.

You're a fucking lying cunt.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
23-09-2015, 01:56 PM
(23-09-2015 01:51 PM)Free Wrote:  Where are the quotes where I ever made a positive claim that aliens ARE visiting earth?

You might try reading what you're responding to.

The claim that the other posters in this thread have been repeatedly hammering you for is that you have evidence of alien visitation. I don't particularly care whether or not you care to go so far as to say it's actually happening.

23-09-2015, 01:56 PM
(23-09-2015 01:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Your blatant lies, disingenuous behavior, and constant insults will not convince anyone.

Haven't you been following the conversation? It's *us* who are blatant liars who have consistently been proven to lie.Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Opens door, looks in...then
[Image: TpQlBa0.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-09-2015, 02:01 PM
(23-09-2015 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 01:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Your blatant lies, disingenuous behavior, and constant insults will not convince anyone.

Haven't you been following the conversation? It's *us* who are blatant liars who have consistently been proven to lie.Rolleyes

That's absolutely true, because not one of you has ever demonstrated with any evidence whatsoever that you are telling the truth contrast to my objections.

You gather together, and troll this thread with constant lies, constant misrepresentation of my position, constantly using logical fallacies which have been demonstrated, and not one of you can produce any evidence whatsoever of what you claim about me.

I have asked you numerous times to demonstrate it, and none of you can ... because we all know you can't.

Hence, you are nothing but a bunch of lying cunts, and until you prove otherwise, then my claim about you is qualified.

Big Grin

23-09-2015, 02:04 PM
(23-09-2015 01:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Opens door, looks in...then
[Image: TpQlBa0.gif?zoom=2]

Don't blame you.

With this bunch- not saying you would- but just making an appearance in this thread and casting an opinion in support of me or the subject will result in a gang-bang of neg reps and lies from them.

Stay clear ...

Thumbsup