UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(26-09-2015 07:27 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 07:25 PM)Free Wrote:  It is absolutely and completely similar to what my position in this discussion is actually all about.

No.

It is precisely the opposite of your obsession with alien visitation in every way that is relevant to this discussion.

Your continued deliberate ignorance regarding the way rationality and evidence work is not helping your case.

Any chance you will stop avoiding the big elephant in the room and answer the question that everybody is waiting for you to answer?

This is your moment of glory, so get out there on that stage in front of all these people and answer just one question:

So tell me again, are you trying to say that the Big Bang THEORY is now a 100% fact?

Yes or no?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 07:37 PM
(26-09-2015 07:33 PM)Free Wrote:  Any chance you will stop avoiding the big elephant in the room and answer the question that everybody is waiting for you to answer?

One, it's not an elephant in the room. It's entirely irrelephant, in fact.

Two, I have already told you no. Because, again, it is irrelevant. I don't need to state it. It has nothing to do with the argument I am making.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
26-09-2015, 07:50 PM
(26-09-2015 07:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 07:33 PM)Free Wrote:  Any chance you will stop avoiding the big elephant in the room and answer the question that everybody is waiting for you to answer?

One, it's not an elephant in the room. It's entirely irrelephant, in fact.

Two, I have already told you no. Because, again, it is irrelevant. I don't need to state it. It has nothing to do with the argument I am making.

So therefore, since the Big bang theory is not a conclusive fact, would it be fair to say that you believe it to be plausible based upon what has been observable by numerous scientists?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
26-09-2015, 08:30 PM
(26-09-2015 07:50 PM)Free Wrote:  So therefore, since the Big bang theory is not a conclusive fact, would it be fair to say that you believe it to be plausible based upon what has been observable by numerous scientists?

What is observable and verified, yes.

You aren't going to be able to weasel out of this requirement for verification.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
26-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(26-09-2015 08:30 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 07:50 PM)Free Wrote:  So therefore, since the Big bang theory is not a conclusive fact, would it be fair to say that you believe it to be plausible based upon what has been observable by numerous scientists?

What is observable and verified, yes.

Now, let's take it to the next level.

Is there any possibility that what the scientists have observed and verified could indicate something other than the Big Bang?

26-09-2015, 08:50 PM
(26-09-2015 08:42 PM)Free Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:30 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  What is observable and verified, yes.

Now, let's take it to the next level.

Rather, let's not, because you clearly don't grasp the first and most basic yet.

Do you accept that there is a difference between verified evidence and anecdotes?

26-09-2015, 08:52 PM
This is absolute proof. Absolutely no evidence of photoshopping.

[Image: 18v2q1pe7yth5jpg.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-09-2015, 08:53 PM
(26-09-2015 08:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:42 PM)Free Wrote:  Now, let's take it to the next level.

Rather, let's not, because you clearly don't grasp the first and most basic yet.

Do you accept that there is a difference between verified evidence and anecdotes?

If the evidence verified the existence of the Big Bang, then does that not mean that the Big Bang actually happened?

Or, would it be more honest to say that the evidence does not verify the existence of the Big Bang, but rather the evidence itself is verified to exist, and can be used to support the theory of the Big Bang?

Pick one of the above.

26-09-2015, 08:55 PM
(26-09-2015 06:11 PM)Free Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 06:08 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And, again, you straw man blatantly.

There is actual evidence of the Big Bang, Free. Continuing to stick your fingers in your ears and play silly games with refusing to admit this does nothing but make you look like still more of a fool.

No, there is absolutely not one single stitch of evidence that a singularity EVER existed.

NONE.

A singularity is one hypothesis. That the universe expanded from a point source has objective evidence to support it.

Quote:Are you telling me that the Big Bang THEORY is now conclusively proven as fact?

Straw man. He didn't say that.

Quote:Is that what you now need to say, "Unbeliever?"

Your ass just got handed to you.

Only in your delirium.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-09-2015, 08:58 PM
(26-09-2015 06:50 PM)Free Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 06:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Free......define theory for us as it exists in your head.

In relation to this discussion:

"The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.

The model accounts for the fact that the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state, and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure, and Hubble's Law."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

In relation to this discussion, the Big Bang theory is determined by what is OBSERVED <--- need a neon sign for this anecdotal evidence?

Therefore, if 12 scientists got together and OBSERVED a new phenomena that would be consistent with the Big Bang theory, and then told the reporter in a newspaper all about it, would you believe them?

How fucked up is your argument now?

You continue to utterly ignore the difference between objective evidence and hearsay.

You do not understand what evidence is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post