UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(26-09-2015 08:53 PM)Free Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Rather, let's not, because you clearly don't grasp the first and most basic yet.

Do you accept that there is a difference between verified evidence and anecdotes?

If the evidence verified the existence of the Big Bang, then does that not mean that the Big Bang actually happened?

Not what was asked.

Read again. With less of your inclination towards irrelevancies this time.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 09:07 PM
(26-09-2015 08:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 06:11 PM)Free Wrote:  No, there is absolutely not one single stitch of evidence that a singularity EVER existed.

NONE.

A singularity is one hypothesis. That the universe expanded from a point source has objective evidence to support it.

Don't you mean that the evidence is interpreted to support the Big Bang?

Quote:
Quote:Are you telling me that the Big Bang THEORY is now conclusively proven as fact?

Straw man. He didn't say that.

How can that question be a strawman when he said the following:

Unbeliever Wrote:There is actual evidence of the Big Bang, Free.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid864735

The only actual evidence of the Big Bang would in fact be the physical evidence of the Big Bang ie; the singularity.

There's no fucking strawman here dude, except your stupid accusation of one.

Quote:
Quote:Is that what you now need to say, "Unbeliever?"

Your ass just got handed to you.

Only in your delirium.

And yours just got handed to you because you didn't follow the conversation.

Have a good day, Chas,

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-09-2015, 09:10 PM
(26-09-2015 08:58 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:53 PM)Free Wrote:  If the evidence verified the existence of the Big Bang, then does that not mean that the Big Bang actually happened?

Not what was asked.

Read again. With less of your inclination towards irrelevancies this time.

When you answer my question you will see the relevancy.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Wait... why are we now talking about the 'Big expansion' ? Consider

Or is this another attempt at having people go;

"Okay.. I agree that there is a possibility of life on some other planet (Being generous now we can also, technically, add 'Moon' etc)."

Which some how morphs into the reply of;

"Ah HA! There for they are HERE!"

? Consider

Because I've seen that happen on this thread before and, really, I don't think we need to go back there.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
26-09-2015, 09:14 PM
(26-09-2015 09:11 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Wait... why are we now talking about the 'Big expansion' ? Consider

Or is this another attempt at having people go;

"Okay.. I agree that there is a possibility of life on some other planet (Being generous now we can also, technically, add 'Moon' etc)."

Which some how morphs into the reply of;

"Ah HA! There for they are HERE!"

? Consider

Because I've seen that happen on this thread before and, really, I don't think we need to go back there.

[Image: 4131363-1731679302-2strt.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-09-2015, 09:16 PM
(26-09-2015 09:07 PM)Free Wrote:  Don't you mean that the evidence is interpreted to support the Big Bang?

No. We mean that the evidence logically supports the Big Bang.

You really don't seem to get this whole "logic has rules" thing.

(26-09-2015 09:07 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:Straw man. He didn't say that.

The fact that you fail to understand the difference between those two statements is yet another indication of your complete lack of reading comprehension abilities.

Read.

(26-09-2015 09:07 PM)Free Wrote:  The only actual evidence of the Big Bang would in fact be the physical evidence of the Big Bang ie; the singularity.

You really don't understand how this whole "evidence" things works, do you? Or do you think that the only possible evidence of a murder is a frozen instance of time containing the moment when the culprit stabs the victim?

(26-09-2015 09:10 PM)Free Wrote:  When you answer my question you will see the relevancy.

No. Because I know the answers to your questions, and they are not relevant to the question put to you.

I ask again: do you understand the difference between verified evidence and anecdotes?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
26-09-2015, 09:17 PM
(26-09-2015 09:11 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Wait... why are we now talking about the 'Big expansion' ? Consider

Because Free is very, very bad at logic, and is attempting to justify his lack of evidence for his belief in aliens through an extended tu quoque fallacy about the Big Bang theory not having any evidence supporting it.

It fails on every level, of course, but there you are.

[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
26-09-2015, 10:04 PM
(26-09-2015 09:07 PM)Free Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 08:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  A singularity is one hypothesis. That the universe expanded from a point source has objective evidence to support it.

Don't you mean that the evidence is interpreted to support the Big Bang?

No, I don't. The evidence came first leading to the hypothesis which was tested by further evidence.

Quote:
Quote:Straw man. He didn't say that.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid864735

The only actual evidence of the Big Bang would in fact be the physical evidence of the Big Bang ie; the singularity.

Nope. A singularity is only one hypothesized source. Hawking has stated he doesn't think there was a singularity, but he doesn't doubt that there was a Big Bang.

Quote:There's no fucking strawman here dude, except your stupid accusation of one.

Quote:Only in your delirium.

And yours just got handed to you because you didn't follow the conversation.

Have a good day, Chas,

Big Grin

You're a fool. You keep claiming victory when you haven't even scored a point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
26-09-2015, 10:57 PM
(26-09-2015 10:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  You keep claiming victory when you haven't even scored a point.

Free's posts in one sentence, ladies and gentlemen.

[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-09-2015, 11:10 PM
(26-09-2015 10:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're a fool. You keep claiming victory when you haven't even scored a point.

I think he has some vague idea that if he does it enough and claims to have "refuted you multiple times" and that "you are on a bandwagon", then perhaps some brain-damaged person reading along will think he's actually presenting a logical argument and is just getting unreasonably picked on by us members.

He's probably right - anyone who thinks his standard of "evidence" cuts the mustard probably would be convinced by such crap.

There's two things:
  • He thinks he's "winning".
  • He has ceased to actually care about evidence and the like and is now trolling. He is using *tactics* to try and convince the hypothetical army of lurkers who are reading the thread, rather than caring about finding out truth.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post