UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(27-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 12:47 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Wish I had more time/keyboard for better post.

Second point;

So.... you do under stand that the problems for something being 'Over there' to get to here? (Or vise-versa)

Yes, according to the current state of human knowledge and technology it would appear from the human perspective that there would be a problem in travelling from one star system to another.

But if intelligent alien life does exist, we cannot compare their intelligence or possible technology to what we, as humans, currently have or understand.

In other words, we cannot speak of the possible technologies an intelligent alien civilization could possibly have, because we can in no way humanize them to our level of knowledge and technology.

If it is possible that intelligent alien life exists elsewhere in the universe, then it is equally possible that they may have solved the problem of travelling between star systems.

But it doesn't prove in any way that these so called aliens have ever bothered to visit us at all.

You are beating an already very dead horse, and if you replace aliens with god, then you might as well take your confirmation bias and call yourself a theist.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-09-2015, 01:06 PM
At work.

(27-09-2015 01:02 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:00 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Okay, slow down FREE.

So, you're acknowledging the problems.

You're agreeing that it is a potentially massive undertaking to 'sail' the gulf of void between the stars.

For humans, yes it is.

Okay.......

So, given that physics does not change between here and there......

You are now putting forwards that 'They' must have (Should have?) worked out something that we have not?
27-09-2015, 01:15 PM
(27-09-2015 01:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 12:56 PM)Free Wrote:  Yes, according to the current state of human knowledge and technology it would appear from the human perspective that there would be a problem in travelling from one star system to another.

But if intelligent alien life does exist, we cannot compare their intelligence or possible technology to what we, as humans, currently have or understand.

In other words, we cannot speak of the possible technologies an intelligent alien civilization could possibly have, because we can in no way humanize them to our level of knowledge and technology.

If it is possible that intelligent alien life exists elsewhere in the universe, then it is equally possible that they may have solved the problem of travelling between star systems.

But it doesn't prove in any way that these so called aliens have ever bothered to visit us at all.

You are beating an already very dead horse, and if you replace aliens with god, then you might as well take your confirmation bias and call yourself a theist.

Are you understanding this conversation properly, or are you buying into the false assumption that I am saying anything of the sort that aliens are, in fact, visiting earth?

There's a hell of a problem with people on this forum in understanding what this argument is actually all about.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
27-09-2015, 01:16 PM
(27-09-2015 01:06 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(27-09-2015 01:02 PM)Free Wrote:  For humans, yes it is.

Okay.......

So, given that physics does not change between here and there......

You are now putting forwards that 'They' must have (Should have?) worked out something that we have not?

Possibly, yes.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
27-09-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 01:22 PM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

Sorry for edit. Posts showed up in weird order.

Okay.... now here's the fun part where we think/talk all the sci-fi stuff. Smile

What might 'They' be doing/using to get from there to here?
27-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(27-09-2015 01:17 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Okay.... now here's the fun part where we think/talk all the sci-fi stuff. Smile

If we knew that, we'd be going there.

It is unknown to humans what any possible aliens could possibly have in respect to technology.

27-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(27-09-2015 01:24 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:17 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

If we knew that, we'd be going there.

It is unknown to humans what any possible aliens could possibly have in respect to technology.

Ah.... well... that's not quite true.

Had we spent the time, money and effort then we humans might have had a probe on its way to Alpha Centaury by now. That's with 1950/60 technology.

It doesn't stop us trom thinking about the physics we do know or can imagine, either.
27-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(27-09-2015 01:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:24 PM)Free Wrote:  If we knew that, we'd be going there.

Ah.... well... that's not quite true.

Had we spent the time, money and effort then we humans might have had a probe on its way to Alpha Centaury by now. That's with 1950/60 technology.

It doesn't stop us trom thinking about the physics we do know or can imagine, either.

Sure we can speculate, but if we do that here, on this forum, with this particular bunch of "skeptics" they may do again to me what they have already tried to do; assert that I am making a positive claim when in fact I am speculating about possibilities.

27-09-2015, 01:34 PM
(27-09-2015 01:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Had we spent the time, money and effort then we humans might have had a probe on its way to Alpha Centaury by now. That's with 1950/60 technology.

Doubt. It's fucking far. 4 light years. That's a fuck long way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-09-2015, 01:35 PM
(27-09-2015 01:32 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Ah.... well... that's not quite true.

Sure we can speculate, but if we do that here, on this forum, with this particular bunch of "skeptics" they may do again to me what they have already tried to do; assert that I am making a positive claim when in fact I am speculating about possibilities.

Did your observers see an alien craft?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.