UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 01:37 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(27-09-2015 01:15 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But it doesn't prove in any way that these so called aliens have ever bothered to visit us at all.

You are beating an already very dead horse, and if you replace aliens with god, then you might as well take your confirmation bias and call yourself a theist.

Are you understanding this conversation properly, or are you buying into the false assumption that I am saying anything of the sort that aliens are, in fact, visiting earth?

There's a hell of a problem with people on this forum in understanding what this argument is actually all about.

Wow really Free.

I'm sorry I'll just take my tiny little female brain back into the kitchen and make sandwiches.

I'm not going through this whole thread to point out all times you have made assertions that aren't substantiated.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-09-2015, 01:43 PM
At work.

So, speculating away to my heart's content. Tongue

First up, of course, is what I would dub the "Methusela drive".

Bascally generation ships with either physical bodies living aboard with said beings solving the biology of 'Aging' (Niven and Pournell's Ring world City Builders) Or perhapse 'Up loading copies of themselves to while away the time in a 'Virtual' space.

This type of travel would call for huge ships/vehicles. Basically just to support the 'Crew' for such long exstance(sp?) of time.
27-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(27-09-2015 01:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:32 PM)Free Wrote:  Sure we can speculate, but if we do that here, on this forum, with this particular bunch of "skeptics" they may do again to me what they have already tried to do; assert that I am making a positive claim when in fact I am speculating about possibilities.

Did your observers see an alien craft?

Which observers? I have only ever said that what they seen could possibly be an alien craft. I have never claimed that any UFOs were, in fact, alien crafts.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
27-09-2015, 01:45 PM
(27-09-2015 01:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Had we spent the time, money and effort then we humans might have had a probe on its way to Alpha Centaury by now. That's with 1950/60 technology.

Doubt. It's fucking far. 4 light years. That's a fuck long way.

An 8 million ton nuclear Orion would be upto the task. Smile
27-09-2015, 01:46 PM
(27-09-2015 01:44 PM)Free Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Did your observers see an alien craft?

Which observers? I have only ever said that what they seen could possibly be an alien craft. I have never claimed that any UFOs were, in fact, alien crafts.

OK, so it could possibly have been Noddy in Santa's stolen sleigh as well.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-09-2015, 01:52 PM
(27-09-2015 01:45 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  Doubt. It's fucking far. 4 light years. That's a fuck long way.

An 8 million ton nuclear Orion would be upto the task. Smile

How fast can it go? 'Cos unless it's an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, it ain't getting there in 40-60 years. Plus they gotta carry supplies.

Hmm... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Or...pulsion%29

Quote:At 0.1c, Orion thermonuclear starships would require a flight time of at least 44 years to reach Alpha Centauri, not counting time needed to reach that speed (about 36 days at constant acceleration of 1g or 9.8 m/s2). At 0.1c, an Orion starship would require 100 years to travel 10 light years. The astronomer Carl Sagan suggested that this would be an excellent use for current stockpiles of nuclear weapons

First interesting thing that's come outta this whole goddamn thread Dodgy

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-09-2015, 01:53 PM
At work.

Big Grin
27-09-2015, 01:56 PM
(27-09-2015 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:15 PM)Free Wrote:  Are you understanding this conversation properly, or are you buying into the false assumption that I am saying anything of the sort that aliens are, in fact, visiting earth?

There's a hell of a problem with people on this forum in understanding what this argument is actually all about.

Wow really Free.

I'm sorry I'll just take my tiny little female brain back into the kitchen and make sandwiches.

I'm not going through this whole thread to point out all times you have made assertions that aren't substantiated.

Don't worry, it's nothing personal. He's a giant prick to everyone. *pats head*.

Bechased

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-09-2015, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2015 02:12 PM by Free.)
(27-09-2015 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:15 PM)Free Wrote:  Are you understanding this conversation properly, or are you buying into the false assumption that I am saying anything of the sort that aliens are, in fact, visiting earth?

That was not my objection.

Your post entailed the assumption that i was making a positive claim about the positive existence of alien life visiting earth.

And that assumption had been wrong all through this thread. I clearly stated at the bottom of Page 8 what my views actually are, and then Unbeliever starts his fucking bullshit that my position was that of someone making a positive claim, which I objected to harshly on Page 17.

And now I have been defending myself from that fucking lie for this entire thread. So excuse me for being pissy at people who jump on that lying bandwagon and continue to assert the same fucking bullshit.

I have made no assertions that I have not substantiated. If you think so, then go find them.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
27-09-2015, 02:11 PM
(27-09-2015 01:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 01:44 PM)Free Wrote:  Which observers? I have only ever said that what they seen could possibly be an alien craft. I have never claimed that any UFOs were, in fact, alien crafts.

OK, so it could possibly have been Noddy in Santa's stolen sleigh as well.

That's an excellent example of the kind of skepticism I have noticed you using all through this thread.

Well done.

Laugh out load