UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(28-09-2015 08:28 AM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  Add "irony" to the list of shit that you truly have no fucking clue about.

There's nothing ironic about stating a truth. If you believe that the Big bang is possible, then you are a believer.

What's ironic about that?

The connotation of "true believer" on an atheist board is belief without evidence, which is exactly what science is not about. The irony is that you, a "true believer" if ever there was one, would use such a term.

And what's with you and conflating "possible" with "plausible". It's a transparent dogshit tactic.

Now tell me about Santa Claus's spaceship again.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-09-2015, 08:59 AM
(28-09-2015 08:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 08:28 AM)Free Wrote:  There's nothing ironic about stating a truth. If you believe that the Big bang is possible, then you are a believer.

What's ironic about that?

The connotation of "true believer" on an atheist board is belief without evidence, which is exactly what science is not about. The irony is that you, a "true believer" if ever there was one, would use such a term.

And what's with you and conflating "possible" with "plausible". It's a transparent dogshit tactic.

Now tell me about Santa Claus's spaceship again.

You insist that I believe something without supporting evidence, despite the fact the plenty of supporting evidence actually exists.

Yet here you are, believing in a Big Bang that also has supporting evidence for its existence and you are trying to call me a "true believer" when the Big Bang itself has not been conclusively proven either?

If you want to consider me as a "true believer" then that exact same standard can be applied to you and anybody else who believes in the existence of something when that "something" cannot be conclusively proven to exist.

And that's the fact, Jack. And it doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not you like it.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-09-2015, 09:08 AM
No, Jack, a fact is that you're an idiot. Speculation is what you've got.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-09-2015, 09:32 AM
(28-09-2015 09:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  No, Jack, a fact is that you're an idiot. Speculation is what you've got.

Speculating with supporting evidence is all anybody has got, including you, and anyone who subscribes to the Big Bang, including me.

You just don't like the word "believe." You're all hung up about it, yet each and every day you and everybody else contemplates things you believe in.

You are not immune to beliefs, including beliefs that cannot conclusively be proven to be true.

Nobody is.

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-09-2015, 10:23 AM
(28-09-2015 08:59 AM)Free Wrote:  You insist that I believe something without supporting evidence, despite the fact the plenty of supporting evidence actually exists.

No, it doesn't.

You have anecdotes, which are not evidence, and at best an indication of the existence of an unknown. In no way is this evidence of alien visitation.

You have no evidence.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-09-2015, 10:36 AM
(28-09-2015 10:23 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 08:59 AM)Free Wrote:  You insist that I believe something without supporting evidence, despite the fact the plenty of supporting evidence actually exists.

No, it doesn't.

You have anecdotes, which are not evidence, and at best an indication of the existence of an unknown. In no way is this evidence of alien visitation.

You have no evidence.

I have evidence. Your attempt to re-define anecdotal evidence as not being evidence miserably failed about 100 pages ago.

But please continue to make an ass of yourself; it keeps me amused.

Thumbsup

28-09-2015, 10:38 AM
(28-09-2015 10:36 AM)Free Wrote:  I have evidence. Your attempt to re-define anecdotal evidence as not being evidence miserably failed about 100 pages ago.

Thumbsup

*Nods* Okay, cool.

Do you, perchance, have anything more/besides anecdotal evidence as well to share?

Smile
28-09-2015, 10:40 AM
(28-09-2015 10:36 AM)Free Wrote:  I have evidence. Your attempt to re-define anecdotal evidence as not being evidence miserably failed about 100 pages ago.

Literally every source you have presented contradicts your idea of anecdotes as evidence.

Except Wikipedia, of course, but in Wikipedia's case, it is simply wrong.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
28-09-2015, 11:19 AM
(28-09-2015 10:38 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  

Thumbsup

*Nods* Okay, cool.

Do you, perchance, have anything more/besides anecdotal evidence as well to share?

Smile

I have provided links to some photographs of UFOs from 70 - 90 years ago, and some are even older. No chance of photoshopping those photographs, and they have been known since those times.

28-09-2015, 12:05 PM
(28-09-2015 11:19 AM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 10:38 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  *Nods* Okay, cool.

Smile

I have provided links to some photographs of UFOs from 70 - 90 years ago, and some are even older. No chance of photoshopping those photographs, and they have been known since those times.

Right, cool, okay then...... anything else?
Edit: Sorry, at work..... perchance another linky?