UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(10-09-2015 02:23 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 01:14 AM)pablo Wrote:  So, if the things run on some kind of alternate alien energy source what's the problem?

Look at how difficult it is for Iran to get access to nuclear energy, the same reasons that governments are so sketchy on letting other countries have nuclear energy would be very similar to why they would not release this alternative energy to the public.

... Because the alien energy source can, with fair ease, be used to produce materials for the production of variants of the most powerful weapons known to man and nobody wants to trust an ambivalent nation headed by crazy people with potentially map-altering weapons is why They™ don't want to release the alien energy source unto the world.

Eh, it's as plausible as anything else here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 02:58 AM
10-09-2015, 03:00 AM
(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey, if you've got a beef with the words, take it to Dr. Tyson. I'm just relaying them.
You used the words, so you are responsible for them.

(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Besides, what is there for me to prove? That stupid aliens exist? That'd require aliens in general to first have been proven. That flying saucers are a stupid mode of transport? Do I really need to set about proving that?
So then don't those words.
(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Our own experiments with saucer-shaped vehicles have demonstrated that they tend to be unstable platforms that are tough to deploy and can rarely get much, if any lift.
Do you seriously think that if these craft are real that the government would declassify that technology? Are you kidding me?? The black budget world gets $50 billion a year that is reported publicly, how much of the tech that goes on in those programs gets declassified? Here's a clue, not much!! Use your brain a little please.

(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  On a non-saucer stupid aliens track; what kind of species is capable of both crossing the vast distances between star systems, and crash landing? One would think that such a species of such technology would not have to worry about crashing.
The why or how is irrelevant, the evidence suggests that it is, and that is the point. Not to mention, who's to say we (or someone else) are not shooting them down.

(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Maybe it has something to do with constantly choosing terrible designs for entry...
Maybe the fact that you know nothing about this technology means that you should not make baseless assumptions.
10-09-2015, 03:09 AM
(10-09-2015 02:33 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 02:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  You ask us what we think: I think it's crap.

Why?

Basically all I've ever seen on the topic amounts to classic conspiracy theories. Loads of allegations about what the big ol' bad ol' government is up to. I can't see any reason to suspect a cover up and I can't see any merit to the allegations of the same. Much like Jesus, in my opinion it comes down to a mass delusion, if anything.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-09-2015, 03:42 AM
(09-09-2015 12:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 12:22 PM)Free Wrote:  For example, when you have people intimately familiar with virtually every type of known aircraft, and are experts in the field of aeronautics, and they claim along with many other equally credible individuals that they seen a type of aircraft that greatly defied all known human craft in regards to manoeuvrability and performance and that these types of craft are not possible with human technology, how then does that not make their statements credible?

It doesn't.

What makes them not credible is the absolute lack of evidence that they actually saw a craft.

I have no evidence that I saw meteor last night.

Also, so radar is not evidence?
10-09-2015, 04:01 AM
(09-09-2015 12:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, anecdotes are not evidence.
Quote:In the law, testimony is a form of evidence that is obtained from a witness who makes a solemn statement or declaration of fact.-Testimony/Wikipedia

Quote:In law, rules of evidence govern the types of evidence that are admissible in a legal proceeding. Types of legal evidence include testimony, documentary evidence, and physical evidence.-Evidence/Wikipedia

(09-09-2015 12:44 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And yet, if someone claimed that they saw a leprechaun in the back yard, you would dismiss the claim.
When is the last time you heard generals, colonels, majors, captains, intelligence officers, astronauts, cosmonauts, politicians, hundreds of pilots, hundreds of police officers, government officials, scientists, an FAA division chief, and tens of thousands of people over the course of 60 plus years claim the reality of leprechauns?

It does not take a genius to see that something real is going on in our skies!
10-09-2015, 04:18 AM
(09-09-2015 12:47 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No matter how many times you multiply zero, it is still zero.

Oh, I'd certainly believe that they saw something. It is not, however, rational to make the leap from "they saw something they couldn't explain" to "they actually saw an alien spacecraft".
Consider the COMETA report:
Quote:The study's originators are four-star General Bernard Norlain, former commander of the French Tactical Air Force and military counselor to the prime minister; General Denis Letty, an air force fighter pilot; and Andre Lebeau, former head of the National Center for Space Studies, the French equivalent of NASA.-USA: UFOs and National Security/Leslie Kean
Here is a brief clip with some testimony and explanation about the COMETA report. The report came to the conclusion that the extra terrestrial hypothesis is the best hypothesis.

(09-09-2015 12:47 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Thousands of people claim to have seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, or ghosts every year. Some of them are trained professionals.

There still isn't any evidence in favor of any of those things existing.

I know nothing about bigfoot or the loch ness monster. The UFO phenomenon is entirely different.
10-09-2015, 04:21 AM
(09-09-2015 01:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You could almost say he's gone over the moon with it.

You could also say your comment is useless.
10-09-2015, 04:26 AM
(09-09-2015 01:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  So, they're smart enough to build an interstellar spacecraft, but dumb enough to visit New Mexico? Pardon another pun, but that just doesn't fly.
The hows and whys are irrelevant. What is important is that there is evidence that shows this phenomenon is real.

(09-09-2015 01:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  In seriousness, I saw a UFO once -- just after noon one day, barbecuing, my son pointed out to me a tiny bright light at an extremely high altitude traveling in a straight line at what was apparently an extremely high speed. We observed it for a few minutes until some clouds obscured it.

Scratched my head over it for about ten minutes, until I realized that it was probably a satellite reflecting the sun's light.

You saw a satellite in mid day? Not sure if I have heard of that before?
10-09-2015, 04:32 AM
Woo Ville